Attention All Guestshow CMs We Are 101, Go Grab A Drink At The Poly! Update 1/5

xoSamma

DIS Veteran
Attention All Guestshow CMs We Are 101, Go Grab A Drink At The Poly!

On this magic night, a million stars will play beside us, cast a spell of light,
Glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling. 'Round the world tonight, a symphony in SpectroMagic. Pure enchantment lights our way!

Welcome to the splendour, the spectacle, the sparkling sensation. Where the romance, the comedy and the thrill of Disney Fantasies come to electric life.

Welcome to another TR by yours truly, here we’ll adventure through times way back and create new memories along the way. We’ll fight the Florida heat and be treated with some CM perks. But most importantly when it pours we’ll find ourselves at the Polynesian having some tropical drinks.

Brittany and Sam

20911945816_c41f462e41.jpg

I'm Sam and Brittany is one of my nearest and dearest friends. We met freshman year of college, went on a few Disney trips together throughout college and then after we graduated she was my roommate during our DCP in fall 2014. I am forever grateful to find a friend who loves Disney like me, who is willing to listen to all my excitement with Disney news, take random spontaneous disney trips, and break out into random Disney songs (Spectromagic, listen to the land, dream along, ect)

When: August 5-11
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter, but pretty much the Polynesian
Why: 1 year anniversary since our DCP, dancing at my home DTD/Disney Springs, and because DISNEY WORLD.

Music surrounds us, magic around us, twirling around us
Carousel of light and laughter!

Exciting to see a new report :) Why wasn't I invited to the Poly for a drink though???

Can't wait to read. We have a night at the Poly in September so I'm REALLY looking forward to all your time there!

I'm Following.
Welcome back! Thanks for joining in

Excited to hear about a new YOLO adventure! :jumping1:
It was another great YOLO adventure but we definitely missed Alicia on this trip

Exciting to see a new report :) Why wasn't I invited to the Poly for a drink though???
Because you were doing your own thing like not inviting me to DTD. And maybe I knew you wouldn't join just like when you ditched me at Country Bears.

So excited to see you and Brittany back together again. I'm looking forward to reading along.
We were really excited to be back in Disney together! Thanks for joining along!

Mostly a lurker, but can't wait to read this new trip report, I always enjoy reading your TRs!
Thanks for joining in on another one of my crazy adventures!

Can't wait to read. We have a night at the Poly in September so I'm REALLY looking forward to all your time there!
Welcome! The poly is one of my favorite resorts and I'm waiting for the day when I actually get to stay there.

Joining in. :cutie:
Welcome!

Joining in - fully support making the Poly your home-away-from-home-away-from-home
Welcome along! Thank you, I could spend all my time at the poly and not get sick of it.

We're Going Back Home!

The day before we left for Disney was the day we really should have left because both Brittany and I had the day off anyways. But since we weren’t going to Florida we still had the whole day to get through, which was rough but we managed. We ended up going out for lunch, and then headed separate ways to finish packing. This is the only time I was the one who wasn’t finished packing and Brittany was.
Since we had to be at the airport bright and early Brittany just slept the night at my casa. Although we had a wake up call at 3:30am she didn't end up coming over until 10:30pm. This is when we realized that we didn't have enough luggage tags, Brittany didn’t open the mickey mail till right then and there. It would have been ok if this was any other trip since we normally just take 1 bag each but after florida we were both heading off to a second vacation. So we cut one in half and if our bags were in our room great and if not we were already starting off our vacation to a great start. But I had a good feeling it would work because I had luggage troubles the last trip and I couldn’t have it happen again this trip.
Again the night before Disney is the worst, I just never expect to get sleep at this point. However I put on Friends and it we were lucky I got at least 3 solid hours of sleep.

WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!

My phone went off at 3:30 and I was just kind of wishing I actually went to sleep earlier. But there’s no need to sleep when you will be arriving in Disney in a few short hours.
I am grateful that Pa works so early in the morning that he could drop us off at the airport on his way. That being said we were out the door by 4:15am.
The line to check your bag was quite long but they were having it move pretty quickly. Great way to use one of the 4 Disney Keys, Southwest. You were on your efficiency game today!
However the line for security was even longer and luckily for my wonderful looks and great personality we were chosen to go through the quick line and didn’t have to worry about laptops or taking our shoes off.
Our gate location was perfectly located right next to Which Wich

20800731038_ab7f3e62ab_z.jpg

20962350406_06527fb74b_z.jpg

20988663795_b2b24d5fd5_c.jpg

20996160991_b625d74050_c.jpg

While we were lining up for group B I saw some familiar faces from dance. One of the girls said how “You’re on our plan, it’s going to be a fun flight” if me sleeping the whole way is fun, then it was going to be a blast!

20988621215_76e020897a_c.jpg

When we landed and were waiting to get off the plane I got the joy of being hit by a sneeze attack. The random girl who was sitting next to us ask Brittany “Is she really sneezing or are you guys are just messing around.” You caught me I pretend sneeze all the time to pull peoples legs.
We finally got off the plane and ran to the magical express. Not really ran, but we got there as soon as we could because we needed to be in Disney!

20365990714_d4225d8c72_c.jpg

I saw a Mears bus in one of the spots and wished really hard that, that wasn’t ours. But wishing doesn’t work really well when you’re not on Disney property. So we got stuck on a kind of smelly Mears bus.
It felt like we were waiting FOREVER and we finally left the airport at 8:30. We were reunited with Clarissa and Brittany said she hasn’t seen the movie or been on the Magical express since our graduation trip. That seemed like forever ago!
On our way to French Quarter Brittany received a text saying our room was ready and our room number. We were happy to see that our “close to transportation” wish was granted.
The magical express took us such a weird way, I can only assume to bypass the DTD mess. But once we passed Vista Way and the way I took home from DTD every night I knew we wouldn’t be passing under the Disney archway. Instead the bus driver wanted to get me and Brittany emotional before even getting on Disney property. Excuse me bus driver can you let me out so I can go get some sweet tomatos or noodles and company at crossroads?!

20962401706_6586f460b7_c.jpg

WE’RE HERE! WELCOME BACK HOME!

20801809719_2cb0aa7b41_c.jpg

20365988984_013d692ca1_c.jpg

With a quick stop at Saratoga we we’re then off to our home for the next couple of days!
Welcome to Port Orleans French Quarter!

20801853469_8da57b526f_c.jpg

20988615375_fdbcf4b1da_c.jpg

There was no need to check in, so off we went to find our room in building 4.

20802210960_327189c6d4_c.jpg

Pro: We were so close to transportation
Con: we were on the third floor
Pro: Good leg workout everyday?

20988616005_6f16df44cb_c.jpg

20962402206_fc58a24077_c.jpg

We didn’t spend too much time in the room before we were off to our first park of the trip!

continue to next post

Last edited:
I am like you and super nervous/anxious the day before travel - just worried something will go wrong while also excited for what is to come

I've never hear of a Which Wich - but seems like a good system and should avoid mix ups some what

Bummer about the Mears buses. Seems like something where they should all be the same (unless crazy peak season or something and they have to borrow buses or something). Double bummer about not going under the arch.

Well, at least you made it safe and guess if you have to walk vertically more than you want to your room at least your horizontal walk was on the shorter side.

My favorite trip reporter is back at it! Looking forward to all your adventures.

I really want to stay at POFQ someday.

At least your bus driver helped you reminisce over your college program days!
Can't wait to read more!

I am like you and super nervous/anxious the day before travel - just worried something will go wrong while also excited for what is to come

I've never hear of a Which Wich - but seems like a good system and should avoid mix ups some what

Bummer about the Mears buses. Seems like something where they should all be the same (unless crazy peak season or something and they have to borrow buses or something). Double bummer about not going under the arch.

Well, at least you made it safe and guess if you have to walk vertically more than you want to your room at least your horizontal walk was on the shorter side.

Too much excitement is bottled up the day before and the day can never go by fast enough.
The only which wich I know of is in the airport and I enjoy it because you just fill out a bag, hand it in and wait till they call your name.
Yes I would stay in that room again even if it was on the third floor

My favorite trip reporter is back at it! Looking forward to all your adventures.
This is probably the nicest comment I have ever gotten. Thank you so much and welcome back!

I really want to stay at POFQ someday.

At least your bus driver helped you reminisce over your college program days!
Can't wait to read more!
I really enjoyed my time at French Quarter and I wish I took the time to walk around the resort more and take pictures.

Let The Procession Begin

When planning our trip the first day was the last day to be planned. I didn’t know what park Brittany wanted to start with. Her request was not going to Magic Kingdom (since she lived at that park on the DCP), now normally Magic Kingdom is always my first choice but since I was there in May it was ok not going right away.

Somehow we both agreed on going to Animal Kingdom. If you were to ask me 4 years ago to go to AK first I would not agree too, but now I’m obsessed with Ak.

But before we headed off we made a quick stop to take a few pics of the gators

20385442674_bff9c7417e_z.jpg

20981823166_bfdb31bd92_z.jpg

We hopped on our first motor coach of the trip and made the long journey to AK.

The bus music when you first arrive is probably my second favorite after mk’s of course.

Walking into AK and not seeing the walls up around the Tree of Life was pretty much a great way to start this trip.

20819983230_e127c98c7f_z.jpg

The game of “What do you want to do” started right away. We had fastpasses for Festival of the Lion King in a little over an hour, so we headed towards Everest to see how long the wait was. Once we got there we saw that it was a 40 minute wait and we decided to hop in line because we didn’t have anything else to do.

The line was outside the entrance and the CM working out near the podium was just about making small conversation. It took me a bit to understand his random comment “Are you here to trek the mountain to try to photograph the famous yeti” My confused face must have given it away, so he gestured to my camera. Yes sir you caught onto my life pretty quickly, I’m here to be the first to capture a picture of the yeti.

20385429084_c1d3be43b2_z.jpg

20820134958_25b2d911da_z.jpg

21008028185_8d13fc1e28_z.jpg

The worst part about the Everest line is hands down the stupid bells. Cause we all know once one person starts with the bells then EVERYONE feels like they have to join in.

We also had a really great family in front of us who were very touchy feely with all the props. One of the daughters kept pulling things to try to get them unstuck and lets keep in mind that she was in her teenage years. Then my favorite part was when they were pulling the leaves off the bush and maybe 2 feet from them there was a sign that said “Please don’t touch the tea leaves” But it was ok because dad was in on it too.

20385560564_a58f6e4446_z.jpg

20981948386_47a965108a_z.jpg

We somehow made it through what was a half hour wait and found ourselves a yeti.

20998697602_28f32a2c2c_z.jpg

After Everest it was time for what I’ve been DYING to see every since leaving. The number 1 reason why we went to AK first was pretty much for Festival of the Lion King. They could put that show on repeat for me and I would still never get sick of it. I jumped in the fastpass line while Brittany went to find a restroom. Shortly after I got a call from her saying she couldn’t find me in line, that was because she went through the stand by line and not the fastpass line.

The family behind me was super sweet. The dad asked me where my friend was and that she definitely had enough time to catch up before they let us in. Once I spotted Brittany, he was the one who called her over and moved his family out of the way to let her through. He then asked if we wanted our picture taken, then moved us because the sun behind us was washing us out and his daughter took over and snapped the pic.

20820033518_37e67726b8_z.jpg

The doors opened and we quickly found a spot in the lion section, then it was showtime.

Everyone listen….. it is time

20820255778_d86cac541b_z.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, it’s time to clap your paws, stomp your hooves and ruffle your feathers.

As we welcome you to the Festival of the Lion King!

20385544884_68a60afe65_z.jpg

20387100993_26a4b82292_z.jpg

Hey guys it looks like we’re all here, lets go!

20820244418_57f9dea02c_z.jpg

21015710421_f31119cfb3_z.jpg

For the last time, I want quiet!

20998267442_0bd732b993_z.jpg

Cute? Look at them their picking bugs off each other

21008136415_843c6da59f_z.jpg

And when the tumble go off and do their thing, I like to call this “You can’t sit with us” Mean Girls style

21015699581_ce543c3171_z.jpg

So prepare for the coup of the century, be prepared for the murkiest scam

20981904666_ef357e0181_z.jpg

An enchanted moment and it see’s me through. It’s enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

20385518044_702f44549f_z.jpg

And can you feel the love tonight, you needn’t look too far

20820222678_748f5a6070_z.jpg

Next up was the part when all the children dance around the floor, or what we call the saddest part of traditions one will watch when becoming a cast member. “Especially you, you were perfect” cue the tears.

20820214028_4d5f199c70_z.jpg

Then finally it was the big finale and the best part of the whole show. Brittany and I are normally the only ones who participate in singing and doing the tumble monkey choreography.

20998242782_b9300f986b_z.jpg

20820213908_e3ed1beee0_z.jpg

And once they hit their ending pose, you’ll hear me say “Again again!”

20998233952_85e5d635cb_z.jpg

When we exited the theater it was then time for Brittany and Sam’s rendition of Fotlk to begin.

continue to next post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter