atm's

ctkj001

Earning My Ears
hi i previosuly made a post about being able to use a electron visa card in shops etc with chip and pin... thanks you all for your responses although still unclear till i get out there i guess !! however the atms i am guessing should be ok with british bank cards? its a basic halifax atm card? anyone if that shoudl be ok to draw on? we go tomorrow? x

hi i previosuly made a post about being able to use a electron visa card in shops etc with chip and pin... thanks you all for your responses although still unclear till i get out there i guess !! however the atms i am guessing should be ok with british bank cards? its a basic halifax atm card? anyone if that shoudl be ok to draw on? we go tomorrow? x

Yes, you should be fine with a UK cashcard as long as it has the VISA or MASTERCARD logo on. BEWARE though that you get charged for each withdrawal, it's a couple of quid plus you don't get the best exchange rate either. Make sure you withdraw in larger amounts (less often, ie one withdrawal of E100 instead of 5 withdrawals of E20) to reduce the fee.

The only UK bank that doesn't charge a fee in France is Nationwide (and possibly the post office credit card).

thanks you yes i was just going to do one big transaction just i used to have a visa card so new i could use it everywhere but cause i have now changed to this visa electron thing didnt no if it was still widely used but just looked on atm website thing for visa and visa electron and it states that yes atms will accpet it many thanks

Halifax is listed in this article here:

The Best Debit Card To Use Abroad

I am pretty certain (but haven't tried) that you can use a debit (maestro etc) card in France but you will probably incur the charges.

We (this time) went with the post office travel card and on the whole it worked well - there are some gotchas like a max of £500 top up in 14 days when abroad and taking 24-48 hours for a top up from your back to arrive on the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter