atlantis/comfort inn reservations???

crissyp

Mouseketeer
hi, been following these boards for the last 2 weeks and love them. We're taking our 1st cruise on the Wonder leaving April 3rd
Our first stop will be Nassau, and after reading many posts about the use of the Atlantis, I have a question regarding the Comfort Inn. I've checked the availability of a room and none are advailable for Monday April 5th. Even though we don't plan on using the room at all, does anyone know if I still pay will they let us use the full facilities at the Atlantis. We are actually a group of 14, so we'd be paying for 3 rooms..I'm hoping they'll take our money, and let us enjoy the Atlantis for the day. Hey any other info not on these boards for 1st time cruisers, please let me know..
thanks all!!;)

HI there,

Welcome to the boards.

What I may recommend is callign the hotel directly, and asking them. Mention that you are really looking for the wristbands to enjoy the Atlantis premises.

Another thing you may do is contact Atlantis directly and see if they will grant you day access and how much that may cost you.

Let us know how you make out...good luck

Vivian

thanks Vivian, I will try and call and see what they say... I've always wanted to go to the Atlantis, so I would luv to get a full great day of what they have to offer.

We went on a 4 day and had the stop at Nassau. We did book a room at the Comfort Suites. This may work for some people but not really for us. By the time we took a cab to the Comfort Suites and checked in ( did not even go to the room) and went over to the Atlantis, and found out where to go and tried to find the enterance to the aquarium then tried to find a kid friendly pool, we felt that it wasn't worth it. A lot of other people have done it but I recommend paying for the excursion that would include a beach chair and have fun at the beach. The resort is truly so huge that you need to book a week just there to enjoy the experience. Good luck and you will have fun whatever you do. Also we had trouble with the taxi on the way back to the ship because we were a little damp and the cab driver made us sit on a garbage bag and gave us dirty looks the whole ride back.

thanks for your advice, I'm leaning towards just booking the excursion through Disney...The only thing i was conerned about is that I was not sure if you could use their pools, which I know if we can't, all these kids (teenagers) are gonna drive me nuts and try to sneak it...I just don't want to be aggravated...LOL!

We did the same thing that you plan on doing.... Our kids did enjoy the slides but (I think we paid 168 for the room at CS) I don't think I would do it again.... Here's why. After about an hour of the pools we did the Dig and then headed to the protected beach and the kids wanted to hang here the rest of the day! It was a nice beach and not too crowded (this was Feb vacation week and Carmen Electra was at the beach earlier....must have taken the crowd with her! Also Regis and Kelly were filming Live....I am not sure how they keep track of who has access to the beach and who doesn't, no one checked us...

Seems there were alot of people with out bracelets on the slides and on the beaches so I was not really sure what I got for the 168.00.
Also our lunch was very expensive, we ate at one of the beach bars, had hamburgers and chicken nuggets and fries and it ran us 60.00 for 4! So just be prepared to spend more once you get there.

I think everyone should do it once.... If we ever do Nassau again I would pay the 25.00 for the tour and head to the beach... Or I will book a room for the week! (ooh now that sounds good!)

We stayed at the Harborside for a week, so we knew what do do. We did the blue lagoon excursion during the day on a recent CArnival cruise, then at night headed over to the Atlantis to check it out. Then, after you walk the grounds, you can decide if it is a place to go on vacation. Or do the direct excursion to the Atlantis, the dig is neat, but unless I missed something, you can walk it at night and see it all.

From what I have read on other posts some people have experienced frequent checks for wrist bands in the pool and slide areas. It may just depend on staff at the time. We are concerned about being a family of 5 with only 1 room rented and are prepared for 1 to sit out if necessary. The pool and slide areas are supposed to be restricted to guests of the two hotels. For sure you can get a room at Atlantis but I thinks its about $100 more per night. You can see good pictures of the slides at atlantis.com. Try checking back with Comfort Inn periodically for cancellations if nothing else works. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!