Atlanta International Airport?

carbur

GREENDAY FAN
We are leaving from Cleveland on June 9 with a one hour lay over in Atlanta. Will this be enough time to get to our next plane? Will we have to move quickly since we may have to change terminals? We have never been to Atlanta before and we are a little nervous about it. We are flying with Delta.

Here's a link to the Hartsfield airport website.

If you can, a day or two before your flight see if you can find out your arrival and departure gates in Atlanta. Then check out the airport maps on the Hartsfield site. If you arrive at and depart from the same concourse, an hour should be fine. If you arrive at the far end of one concourse and depart from the far end of another, you might need to move quickly.

Directions are pretty well marked, so you shouldn't have any problem finding your way around.

You can check your flights on Delta.com the day before and get the gate assignments. It's a great idea to map out where you'll need to go before hand.

One hour should be plenty of time to make it. Hopefully your inbound flight won't be late.

I've had to change planes twice at ATL, once as a newlywed w/DW in 1995 and last year (around this time) with DS5 (then, he was DS4). The first time, I think we had about 45 minutes, and it was plenty of time because the connecting flight was on the same concourse.

Last year, I think we had 90 minutes between flights, but it seemed to be at least a couple of concourses away. Even with DS5, it took less than 45 minutes to get from the arriving gate to the departing gate.

DW, DS5, DS2.5 and I are flying Delta this Sunday to PBI (Palm Beach Int'l) to go to DVC Vero Beach (with a connecting flight each way in CVG) and as the previous 2 posts have mentioned, I have been checking the history of the arriving and departing gates via the Delta website.

Good Luck!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

We have changed planes in Atlanta many times, usually with about 1 hour between flights. For the most part, it is do-able. We usually seem to end up at the end of one concourse and have to get ourselves way over to the other side of the airport, or so it seems each time. Use the "subway" type transportation that is downstairs and it moves you from one concourse to the other in record speed, much faster than hoofing it by way of the moving walkways, unless you have the time for that. Our last flights through there we were late getting in from our first flight, and had to really walk with wings to get to our other flight, and with minutes to spare, got there and the second flight's departure was delayed....but it was better to have hi-tailed it over there than to have missed a flight. I personally like it to be that you don't have a lot of waiting time between flights, just enough time to hit a restroom and get yourself to your next gate and be about ready to board.

I have been given boarding passes at my initial starting airport, that take us through our plane change in Atlanta with gates assigned etc. but be forewarned, when you debark your first leg, check the screens to make sure that the gate assignment is right, or hasn't been changed. We have several times found that what was assigned at our home airport was not the right gate once getting to Atlanta. Just check, it will save you from getting yourself to the wrong concourse and having to get yourself someplace else.

We've changed planes in Atlanta many times. An hour has always been plenty of time for us. Their transportation system is very fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter