Atkins Ice Cream - OMG It's Great

disneyeveryyear

DIS Veteran
I just went to the local natural foods store and they had a sign up that you could order Atkins Ice Cream. The clerk says it comes it twice a week. They won't stock in freezer because it's not "all natural" but they will take order and sell (talk about hypocritical :p ).

Well, they had some "extra" in the back freezer, so I bought one chocolate and one vanilla. Each box has 4 servings of 1/2 cup for approximately $5.00

The chocolate is very good. Doesn't have same texture as ice cream (I am a big texture person), but has very good flavor. I'll let you know about the vanilla later this week.

Only 4 net grams of carbs per 1/2 cup serving.

I have got to try this, I didn't realize that they made ice cream now.

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll run to the health food store real quick.

I've tried both - and really like them. The chocolate reminds me of the malts we get at the ballpark. And the vanilla is good in a glass with root beer!

If you look on the Atkins.com website....they have a little "thingy" about it. You can put in your zip code and it will tell you which stores carry it.

We have a icecream palor here that sells Atkins SOFT SERVE from the machine...they make pistachio, this week was creamsicle, strawberry, and chocolate. Its very yummy

Tracy

Did you have to mention ice cream???????

Karyn

Slow, Determined and ooh that looks tastey!

Tracy and Karyn, I can't believe you even opened this, today. Torturing yourself?

I hopped into my little car and went to the health food store and bought both flavors. I just ate some of the chocolate. The texture is rather like a fudsicle to me.

I wish there was some soft serve Atkins ice cream available here.

Katholyn

I agree that the texture is a little different, but still very satisfying.

Mine had thawed a little on the way back to the office, so it wasn't very hard. I'll have to see tomorrow how it is when it is more rock solid.

I'll probably try the vanilla tomorrow just to be able to compare it.

Have to hide it from the kids tonight when I get home. Way too expensive for their little appetites.:p

Beverly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter