At Windsor Hills now-very nice resort

Glad I found this thread. We are looking at renting a townhouse in October. We've stayed on site and were considering Bonnet Creek (again) this year... but rates seem to have gone up and since we usually only get a 2 bedroom we are thinking the 3 bedroom townhome would be best for space:)

I'm waiting for a few quotes and hope to be booking this week. Thanks for all the info!

We are thinking of doing a non-disney trip ~ a day or two at Seaworld, Aquatica, and a couple of days at a beach. Is Windsor Hills a good choice? Anyone know how far it is from Sea World?

We are thinking of doing a non-disney trip ~ a day or two at Seaworld, Aquatica, and a couple of days at a beach. Is Windsor Hills a good choice? Anyone know how far it is from Sea World?

Still a good choice. We've gone to Sea World and Universal from Windsor Hills. Driving time would be about the same as if you were driving from a Disney resort or anywhere in the Lake Buena Vista area. Sea World shouldn't take much more than 15 minutes, Universal about 20-25.

To get to Sea World/Universal, you would need to get to I-4. Getting there isn't bad, but I-4 can be very busy during the morning rush hour, so you should keep that in mind.

The east coast beaches (Daytona, Cocoa) are about an hour away, gulf beaches probably closer to 1.5 hours.

Glad to hear all the positive comments. We usually stay onsite but 8 days in a small room just doesn't sound appealing anymore with our kids getting older, so I started looking offsite. 3br condo for $422 for the week just can't be beat! We're not going until September but I'm looking forward to it!

How,and where do you book stays at Windsor Hills? Is there more than one place you can book?Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

I used vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner). We found a great two bedroom condo that we are excited to check out in June!

How,and where do you book stays at Windsor Hills? Is there more than one place you can book?Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

vacationcentralflorida.com is another good place to book, IF you can stay Saturday to Saturday.

I was thrilled to find this thread and have learned a lot from it already. Thanks to all! It is our first time staying off site and I am constantly second guessing my decision. The idea of paying $400+ a night to cram all of us in one room again seemed crazy when compared to what I could get at WH. We are renting a 3 bdr townhouse for 9 nights from Story Time Orlando Rentals for our late June trip. They seem to have good reviews, but I am worried about how the townhouse will compare to the website pictures, their cleanliness, quality of bedding, etc. You always end up hearing a horror story or two! Did anyone stay with them who can provide some feedback? I am also concerned about losing our midday rest at the resort. When staying onsite, we would go back to the BWI around 2:00 for a break and head back to the parks at 5:30ish. I cannot see being able to leave the park for a few hours and then return later while staying at WH. Did anyone attempt it?

I have stayed at WH twice and both times rented from themagicorlandorental.com and found both stays to be very pleasant. Rita always got right back with me when I emailed or called her. There are maybe 5/6 townhouses to choose from in that website. I love WH and can't wait to go back next year!

I was thrilled to find this thread and have learned a lot from it already. Thanks to all! It is our first time staying off site and I am constantly second guessing my decision. The idea of paying $400+ a night to cram all of us in one room again seemed crazy when compared to what I could get at WH. We are renting a 3 bdr townhouse for 9 nights from Story Time Orlando Rentals for our late June trip. They seem to have good reviews, but I am worried about how the townhouse will compare to the website pictures, their cleanliness, quality of bedding, etc. You always end up hearing a horror story or two! Did anyone stay with them who can provide some feedback? I am also concerned about losing our midday rest at the resort. When staying onsite, we would go back to the BWI around 2:00 for a break and head back to the parks at 5:30ish. I cannot see being able to leave the park for a few hours and then return later while staying at WH. Did anyone attempt it?

As per bolded, we have done it, and except for MK find the trips about the same as waiting for the buses and traveling to an on property resort. Just make sure you know the Sherberth Rd. route.
Donna

As per bolded, we have done it, and except for MK find the trips about the same as waiting for the buses and traveling to an on property resort. Just make sure you know the Sherberth Rd. route.
Donna

Thanks! I am going to look the Sherberth Rd. route up on google maps. I think with MK, we will leave for a longer break and go back later in the evening for the fireworks. Maybe leave at 2:30 and not head back until about 7:30 or so. Make the break worth the hastle.

Thanks! I am going to look the Sherberth Rd. route up on google maps....

Just so ya know: Going to Disney from Windsor Hills, you'd exit WH at the main gate, make a left onto Old Lake Wilson Rd., then left on Morgan Williams Rd (it may not be marked, but its a left where Old Lake Wilson curves to right), then first left onto Funie Steed Rd., then first right onto Entry Point Blvd., which becomes Sherberth Rd after you cross US 192. (if you're looking at a map, you might think Morgan Williams would be a good place to come out on US-192, but there's no light there). Follow Sherberth to the first light, then make a right. At that point, you're in the Disney road system, so follow the purple signs. This all may sound a little complicated, but its really pretty simple and intuitive.

Coming back from anywhere at Disney: follow signs for Animal Kingdom, then as you get close to Animal Kingdom stay left and follow signs for Animal Kingdom Lodge. When you get to the traffic light before the Lodge (first light after you pass AK), make a left. That'll be Sherberth Rd. Cross 192, then first left onto Funie Steed, then right on Morgan Williams and then you're back on Old Lake Wilson, which takes you right to Windsor Hills.

Just so ya know: Going to Disney from Windsor Hills, you'd exit WH at the main gate, make a left onto Old Lake Wilson Rd., then left on Morgan Williams Rd (it may not be marked, but its a left where Old Lake Wilson curves to right), then first left onto Funie Steed Rd., then first right onto Entry Point Blvd., which becomes Sherberth Rd after you cross US 192. (if you're looking at a map, you might think Morgan Williams would be a good place to come out on US-192, but there's no light there). Follow Sherberth to the first light, then make a right. At that point, you're in the Disney road system, so follow the purple signs. This all may sound a little complicated, but its really pretty simple and intuitive.

Coming back from anywhere at Disney: follow signs for Animal Kingdom, then as you get close to Animal Kingdom stay left and follow signs for Animal Kingdom Lodge. When you get to the traffic light before the Lodge (first light after you pass AK), make a left. That'll be Sherberth Rd. Cross 192, then first left onto Funie Steed, then right on Morgan Williams and then you're back on Old Lake Wilson, which takes you right to Windsor Hills.

Perfect! Thanks. This is a great help. We have never driven while in Orlando and appreciate all the tips we can get. I will take a look at a map to familiarize myself with these streets we go down. Do you know a good route to Universal Studios by any chance???:goodvibes

Do most of the units have a washer dryer? I have seen several listings that say washer/dryer facilities, but it wasn't clear if that was on property or in the unit itself. I like to only pack a few outfits for each person, then throw them in the washer at night, dryer in the morning, and head out for the day. I stress about packing and unpacking. (just unpacked today from a weekend trip last weekend.):rolleyes1

Ok this is a question about the "Sherberth short cut" . I have been looking at google maps and it looks good.Only thing though is when going to DHS you would have to go to the north entrance and not the south entrance which is closer.So would it be best to go another route to get to the south entrance?

Just got back from our first trip to WDW and we LOVED our Windsor Hills house. We had a 4bed 4Bath house and it was more than enough for my family of 4, the in-laws, and grand-in-laws. We rented from Vacation by the Mouse and were very pleasantly surprised by the amount of house we got for the money. We are already planning our trip next year to stay in the same house. The kids didn't miss the "Magic" because they didn't know any better :rolleyes1.

Just got back from our first trip to WDW and we LOVED our Windsor Hills house. We had a 4bed 4Bath house and it was more than enough for my family of 4, the in-laws, and grand-in-laws. We rented from Vacation by the Mouse and were very pleasantly surprised by the amount of house we got for the money. We are already planning our trip next year to stay in the same house. The kids didn't miss the "Magic" because they didn't know any better :rolleyes1.

Hi GlenR:

Which house was it? By the way, welcome.

Tim/Hawk

Ok this is a question about the "Sherberth short cut" . I have been looking at google maps and it looks good.Only thing though is when going to DHS you would have to go to the north entrance and not the south entrance which is closer.So would it be best to go another route to get to the south entrance?

You're correct. Going that way puts you just past the main DHS entrance (south) when you get onto World Drive. If you really want the south entrance, you might as well go down 192 that day. Unless 192 is really bad, it'll probably be quicker.

I use Sherberth quite a bit, but I will say that 192 is a lot better than it used to be. They made several improvements a few years back. I've actually found that I use the Sherberth "shortcut" more coming back from WDW as opposed to going there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!