At Windsor Hills now-very nice resort

Just wanted to add that we have a 2BR condo reserved at Windsor Hills for 8 nights over Presidents Day weekend (Disney peak time) for $700 total (that's around $87/night!). It sleeps five and the owner has been great to work with so far. The website is http://disneytreasure.wordpress.com

Hope that helps someone!

That sounds like a great deal! Who did you rent through?

vacationcentralflorida.com
They have been wonderful. Please check out the website as they have alot of condo's and townhouses. Dave has answered every question within an hour. Geez, I sound like I work for them but NO I live in the Pittsburgh area, only wish I lived in Florida!!

We've booked 3 of our last 4 Windsor Hill homes with Florida Sun Vacation Homes. Each time we stayed in a 4 BR home. We prefer them since they do not require Sat-Sat stays. We usually stay 8-10 days, and they offer a 15% discount if you stay 7 nights or longer. Also, their homes are extremely clean and look exactly like the pictures on the website.

We love Windsor Hills!

Jules123,

We rented through Magical vacation homes. This will be our first time at WH and our first time renting through Magical. Hope it is as good as it looks :) If you go to their site, select 3 bed 3 bath pool home the one we rented is a "five star” rated with red pool chairs newly refurbished. Hope this helps :bitelip:

F.Y.I.-if you have downtime, or a resort day, check out the movie theatre they have. It's just off the game room, very nice, has maybe 50 seats, not sure, big screen. We watched Madagacar 3 when we were there, I totally forgot about it and was in the game room with the kids and was snooping around, I opened the door and the movie was playing! You can check the office for a schedule of what movies they play every day.

Glad you are enjoying it! We also use vacationcentralflorida.com (twice) and have really enjoyed it. A 3 bedroom condo for less than a Value resort? Awesome pool and a drive to the parks that's quicker than taking the bus? What's not to love??

Glad you are enjoying it! We also use vacationcentralflorida.com (twice) and have really enjoyed it. A 3 bedroom condo for less than a Value resort? Awesome pool and a drive to the parks that's quicker than taking the bus? What's not to love??

I agree with you about the quick drive! We have waited longer for busses! Returning was a little more congested but we were there the busiest week of the year!

I agree with you about the quick drive! We have waited longer for busses! Returning was a little more congested but we were there the busiest week of the year!

Our drives were quick and we took the main Word Dr. entrance and not the Sherbeth road short cut. I only did the short cut once, it made us feel like we were sneaking in, lol. The kids loved driving through the gates every morning. It can be more congested trying to leave the parks at night, but the same is true if you have to wait for the bus at the end of the day. At park closing, it can easily take an hour to wait in the long line and ride back to your resort. Nowhere near that long when you drive.

We stayed in a Windsor Hills townhouse with a splash pool in 2008. It was VERY nice, we loved the resort. We don't spend that much time at "home" when on vacation, though, so figured a condo would be fine. This time we chose a 3 bedroom condo for our Spring Break trip. The grand total is $878 for 9 nights during Easter Week. It isn't a super fancy condo, but looks comfy. The best part is that we (me, DH and 3 boys) fit there and we also invited my parents to come along. So seven people for less than $100 a night. So far our owners have been fantastic and very easy to deal with. Plus the resort is gorgeous - LOVE the pool!:thumbsup2

I can't tell you how excited I am to read all these good reports! We leave in two weeks for a 12 night stay in a three bedroom condo and it's always a bit scary to try out something new. We booked through floridasunvacationhomes and have been pleased with their service so far. I just couldn't see paying Disney resort prices when you can get so much for so little. We will be meeting up with my cousin and her family who are staying on site, so it will be interesting to compare.
I heard some tips for getting to a Publix grocery store. Is that the quickest one or are there others nearby? We plan to do a lot of our meals at the condo (I actually really like cooking for my family and get sick of restaurant food very quickly) and I'm trying to figure out the closest "real" grocery store. I'm not familiar with the chains in Florida and I don't want to waste a lot of holiday time stocking up. What would be the closest and quickest one stop shop for fresh food and household goods?

I can't tell you how excited I am to read all these good reports! We leave in two weeks for a 12 night stay in a three bedroom condo and it's always a bit scary to try out something new. We booked through floridasunvacationhomes and have been pleased with their service so far. I just couldn't see paying Disney resort prices when you can get so much for so little. We will be meeting up with my cousin and her family who are staying on site, so it will be interesting to compare.
I heard some tips for getting to a Publix grocery store. Is that the quickest one or are there others nearby? We plan to do a lot of our meals at the condo (I actually really like cooking for my family and get sick of restaurant food very quickly) and I'm trying to figure out the closest "real" grocery store. I'm not familiar with the chains in Florida and I don't want to waste a lot of holiday time stocking up. What would be the closest and quickest one stop shop for fresh food and household goods?

I can think of a few options for groceries. To me, the quickest might be the Publix in Reunion (?). That one is a few miles away and is the only one you would turn right leaving Windsor Hills. Main advantage is very little car traffic, so its a straight shot. There's also a Publix in Celebration on 192 on the other side of I-4. (So you would make a left out of Windsor Hills, then right on 192). If you go out to 192 and make a left, there's a Winn Dixie off of Formosa Gardens Blvd (left side of 192). (Several years ago it was a Goodings and prices were sky-high; better as a Winn Dixie). Not positive its still a Winn Dixie, but I think so. There are a couple of backroads you can take to get to this location; look it up on MapQuest...one of them is a dirt road, so don't do that one if its muddy out. There's another Publix going this direction on the right side of 192. Personally, I found it easier to go to the Celebration Publix than this one. My new favorite is the Reunion Publix; slightly longer mileage, but you're there in 5 minutes.

So happy to hear all these good reviews!!! I did so much research before we decided where to stay onsite...and just as I was about to book at POFQ, I discovered the condos at Windsor Hills and never looked back. We were taken in by the open space and the thought of not sharing a small room with two little boys...

Anyway, we booked a 2 bedroom through www.vrbo.com for the first week of June (Saturday to Saturday) and the total is $750. The kid's room is bunk beds which they are so excited about!

I need to look into this short cut and these grocery stores - thanks for the tips!

We booked a 3 bedroom townhouse for November . We were looking for space - since we will be with our 2 children and my parents. Can't wait to b able to relax on he couch or the pool while our kids are sleeping. Who am i kidding i will probably b sleeping with hem but at least i will ave the option. Which we wouldn't be able to do on site.

We booked a 3 bedroom townhouse for November . We were looking for space - since we will be with our 2 children and my parents. Can't wait to b able to relax on he couch or the pool while our kids are sleeping. Who am i kidding i will probably b sleeping with hem but at least i will ave the option. Which we wouldn't be able to do on site.

We had a 3 bedroom condo with a DVD player and alot of movies, we actually had several relaxing nights with the kids watching a movie! Never thought that we'd do that on a Disneyworld vacation. It was a nice break!

I can think of a few options for groceries. To me, the quickest might be the Publix in Reunion (?). That one is a few miles away and is the only one you would turn right leaving Windsor Hills. Main advantage is very little car traffic, so its a straight shot. There's also a Publix in Celebration on 192 on the other side of I-4. (So you would make a left out of Windsor Hills, then right on 192). If you go out to 192 and make a left, there's a Winn Dixie off of Formosa Gardens Blvd (left side of 192). (Several years ago it was a Goodings and prices were sky-high; better as a Winn Dixie). Not positive its still a Winn Dixie, but I think so. There are a couple of backroads you can take to get to this location; look it up on MapQuest...one of them is a dirt road, so don't do that one if its muddy out. There's another Publix going this direction on the right side of 192. Personally, I found it easier to go to the Celebration Publix than this one. My new favorite is the Reunion Publix; slightly longer mileage, but you're there in 5 minutes.

We usually go to the grocery (I think it is Publix) closest to the toll road on 192. Thanks for this info; we may try going to Celebration or Reunion this time.

I am so happy you started this thread. I am staying at Windsor Hills in 2 weeks and a little nervous about staying offsite and renting from owners. We have a 3 bedroom in the building closest to the pool. I am happy to hear about the shortcut! We are renting from Laza Properties. If anyone has rented thru them, would you mind sending me a message and letting me know about the unit and if everything was Ok. I am a little nervous but am very excited to get there soon!

The people we are renting our townhouse mentioned that there was discussions about having a shuttle from Windsor hills to the parks for a small fee- does anyone know if there is a shuttle?

The people we are renting our townhouse mentioned that there was discussions about having a shuttle from Windsor hills to the parks for a small fee- does anyone know if there is a shuttle?

I looked up the answer to this on vacationcentralflorida's website and they stated that there are shuttles and their schedule is posted at the sundry shop at Windsor Hills (the schedule changes monthly). They did say they charge a fee and said something like $20 for 7 people to Disney. Hope this helps :)

Saralew said:

i think there is, but unless there is some reason you can't drive, rent a car. You will be so much happier.

richmo said:
i think there is, but unless there is some reason you can't drive, rent a car. You will be so much happier.

We are renting a car but we will be there with my parents- so if we want to go to different places we were wondering about the shuttle or taxi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter