At Which Non-Park CS Would You Eat?

dobball23

DIS Veteran
Looking to eat at a counter service-type restaurant for dinner on our arrival day in January. We will not be visiting any parks on this day, so it will need to be at a resort or Downtown Disney. Which CS would you choose? And why?

We have thought of Captain Cooks, The Mara and Pepper Market, but are hoping to hear some other ideas. We will NOT be on the Dining Plan. The meal will be three adults.

I second Earl of Sandwich at DTD. There are a lot of great options, and the food was very good!! They will make sure you get the most out of the dining plan.

Third vote for the Earl. Pretty much the best counter service type place at Disney World, and quite reasonable prices by Disney standards.

Earl of Sandwich.

The only resort CS we've had is The Mara at AKV and the food court at the POR. Both are really good but I'd only go out of my for The Mara and that would be to check out AKV.

If you want a sandwich for dinner then yes, go to Earls.

However I highly recommend Wolfgang Puck Express (marketplace, not westside). OMG the food is incredible for a CS! Spagetti n meatballs normally isnt my thing but WOW was this an outstanding dish! Meatballs were tender and full of flavor. But my fave dish is the bacon wrapped meatloaf with onion straws and mashed potatoes. Seriously i almost cried eating it. Lol. its that good!

For dessert the creme brulee is great. but the winner is the vanilla cheesecake because of the creme brulee topping. Sooooo yummy.

Its a must do on every trip. Its always a highlight and quite possibly one of the best meals of our trip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

WPE fan here too! Best use of a CS imo!
We did not enjoy Pepper Market, will not stay at CSR for just that reason.
POR has a great food court, but only when staying there.

For DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express is always very good. For resorts, our favorites are Captain Cooks at the Poly and Roaring Forks at the WL (Mara at AKL is also good ;)).

Depends if you are using dining plan credits or paying money. If on the DDP then I would do wolfgang puck express, it is by far the best CS on property. It is very expensive though so if paying out of pocket I would go to Earl of Sandwich which is far less expensive (although not as good). If you are staying off site and have a car I wouldnt do either, I would go to the Golden Corral, subs are ok but not my favourite

Both Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express are GREAT! You can't go wrong. :)

I completely agree with this, and would add Cooks of Dublin!

At Earl of Sandwich of course the sandwiches are great and very inexpensive.
At WPE the pizzas are amazing.
At Cooks of Dublin we love the battered burgers, shrimp, and fish and it is a neat place for something a little different.

We like Earl and Wolfgang at DTD. We also had good CS meals at OKW (Good's food to Go) and SSR (Artist's Palette) resorts. BCV had a nice sandwich counter in their little store there and the bakery on the Boardwalk looks like it has some yummy sandwiches (could also do a TS at Beaches and Cream...yum!). What resort are you staying at? I'd say just eat at your resort's CS or shoot on over to DTD or the Boardwalk area for some dinner and hangin' out.

WPE fan here too! Best use of a CS imo!
We did not enjoy Pepper Market, will not stay at CSR for just that reason.
POR has a great food court, but only when staying there.
:thumbsup2 Totally agree here! WGPE is a fantastic value on the DP! Best use of a CS credit!

I also agree re: pepper market. Dont get me wrong, I loved the pepper market breakfast buffet. But the dinner (a la carte) not so much. I just didnt like the options. POR food court is far far better IMO!!

Depends if you are using dining plan credits or paying money. If on the DDP then I would do wolfgang puck express, it is by far the best CS on property. It is very expensive though so if paying out of pocket I would go to Earl of Sandwich which is far less expensive (although not as good). If you are staying off site and have a car I wouldnt do either, I would go to the Golden Corral, subs are ok but not my favourite
I often give ppl the same advice. If youre on the DP, go to WGPE. If youre paying OOP, go to Earl of Sandwich. In either situation thou, i personally would still go to WGPE simply because i love what WGPE has to offer. :worship:

I completely agree with this, and would add Cooks of Dublin!

At Earl of Sandwich of course the sandwiches are great and very inexpensive.
At WPE the pizzas are amazing.
At Cooks of Dublin we love the battered burgers, shrimp, and fish and it is a neat place for something a little different.

Totally agree. So many people overlook Cooke's of Dublin.

While most of the resort CS places are fine, none of them are special enough to make a trip to the resort just to eat at them (IMO)

Thanks for all the suggestions, everybody. I don't know if we have made a final decision, but I am sure WPE and Earl of Sandwich will both be in the running.

I was going to suggest Earl...but it was already suggested.

My other suggestion is for breakfast, going to the Poly counter service, Captain Cook's and get some Tonga Toast. I like it better at the Kona Cafe, but that is a table service and will cost more. And it is still good at Captain Cook's:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_chh.htm

I like Earl of Sandwich too.....it's not expensive either if you're paying OOP. Another option might be to try out a resort food court if you're in the mood :) and not too tired for crowds. If you go at a non 'dinner' time it won't be too crowded. AOA is said to have a great new food court with unique selections.

I like Earl of Sandwich too.....it's not expensive either if you're paying OOP. Another option might be to try out a resort food court if you're in the mood :) and not too tired for crowds. If you go at a non 'dinner' time it won't be too crowded. AOA is said to have a great new food court with unique selections.

We like doing this too! :) And non-dinner time is much better. I am planning to go to AOA on our next trip to eat there and just walk around and see the place.

We like POR's CS. The made to order Pasta dish is very good - you choose your pasta, ingredients, and sauce and you watch as it is cooked up for you! They also have pizza and their sandwiches are good too. It is a great resort to walk around and you can catch the boat to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter