1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

at what point is it false advertising? UPDATE: Owner threatening to sue me.

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by connorlevismom, Oct 15, 2012.

1. wgeo

wgeo That's the kind of day where you can't open your m

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. zianha

zianha 1st Half Marathon in Feb! Princess Half Marathon h

Kathryn19007's post made me chuckle! :lmao:

(Bump!)

4. connorlevismom

connorlevismom DIS Veteran

It really is scary that an owner would go this far to harrass a renter. I think I do plan to keep this thing bumped so that people can see what the owner is really like.

5. connorlevismom

Hmmmm the owner also told me that she was there right before me. This is when she pretty much called me a liar and that there was NO WAY that I was seeing was I was seeing because she was just there and cleaned the house herself. So strange that "Kathryn" stayed there right around the same time!:lmao:

6. connorlevismom

Well - at least I can warn others about it. And they don't even just have to take my word for it anymore. They can see for themselves!:)

Nice catch!

7. connorlevismom

Was just looking through my trip advisor review and someone else posted that the owner threatened to sue them too. Looks like this is not an isolated incident with her.:sad2:

8. Gr8t Fan

Gr8t Fan DIS Veteran

Wow...just WOW!!! :scared1: It's so obvious that Kathryn is the owner or a friend of hers. Too many coincidences.

OP I really appreciate you taking the time to post your review and all of the drama that followed. We travel to WDW every year, usually with extended family, stay at WH and I'm in charge of everyone's accomodations because we've been there so often. Knowing which owners to stay away from is a HUGE plus in my book.

9. connorlevismom

OMG - this is almost comical now. I just get a PM on Trip Advisor from "Kathyrn" personally attacking me and telling me that she hopes I sleep well at night. ***? You got a bad review, get the hell over it and stop acting like a crazy person. My god!

BTW - she also called all of you on the DIS my cronies. I am so important that I have cronies. YAY ME!:lmao:

10. kathie859

kathie859 DIS Veteran

I would send Tripadvisor a copy of the owner's last communication. She sounds like a real nut:scared1:

11. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

I have been following this thread for a while because it was just so darn entertaining, BUT, OMG - it just got incredibly wild. Actually, the owner and "Kathryn" frighten me more than a little. :scared:

12. OnlyDisney

OnlyDisney DIS Veteran

Thanks for keeping us updated on what's going on with this owner. I also like the idea of bumping up this thread monthly :thumbsup2

13. mouseketeer_mom

mouseketeer_mom DIS Veteran

Been lurking here since your original post (which I found very reasonable) but it wasn't until I realized that you have your own "cronies" and "stalkers" that I realized that you might be a celebrity:confused3

Now, where's that Kathryn chick? popcorn::

Surely, she joined because she's planning a very special trip to the most Magical Place on Earth and just happened to stumble upon your thread:thumbsup2

14. connorlevismom

Oh....she won't be back. She let me know that she has no intention of visiting the "DIS CLICK BOARD", ever again.

She also said she questions me looking into the management company and said "who does that? You are renting a week in Fl, not a year". Well Kathryn, I DO and so do lots of others on this boards. We all know who the good and bad management companies are. It is called doing your research.

15. mouseketeer_mom

mouseketeer_mom DIS Veteran

Must be because Kathryn doesn't need references as she is Psychic! She was even able to review her stay that occurred after yours before hers was finished! She's crazy good, that one::yes::

Joking aside: I am sorry this has happened to you Connerlevismom. It has to be just a little concerning that "Kathryn" really does seem to be doing a little internet stalking and that's just plain creepy. BE cautious! Remember, she has some of your very personal information.

16. connorlevismom

I know and honestly, that does worry me a bit. I would not put it past her to do anything at this point. She has shown herself to be a bit crazed.

17. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

I'd definitely look into what avenues you have to report harassment through tripadvisor, and any sites such as home away the property is listed on. There's also a WH Facebook page with a recommendations section- I'd let folks there know as well.

18. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I was intrigued by the title of this thread and just read the whole thing...and I have to say, as much as I hate this situation for you, OP - "Kathryn's" entrance made it hilarious! I will happily be one of your cronies... :lmao:

Here's hoping this owner can be at least put out of business due to negative reviews! Have you looked into the BBB? Not sure if they deal with private home rentals or not but I figure it's worth a shot. Go through every avenue possible to report this crazy woman.

19. Mysteria

Mysteria I guess the tag fairies wings were clipped.

Kathryn ends her screen name in 007. :rotfl:

20. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

Wow. I don't know about the OP, but I don't want the owner to be put out of business. She needs to change the way she deals with customers, but I wouldn't want someone to lose their rental home because of a negative review. That's really over the top IMO.

21. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

I wouldn't say 'lose her rental home' but I would hope she either realizes she can't lie to and stalk customers, or gets out of the business altogether.