At the Fort for our first time now! Another ginormous pic pg 4

Fablous pics! Makes me miss our home away from home!

Great pics. I can smell the cooking at Trails End now. Sure beats the wife's cooking.

LOL, I may have some more monstrous pics to post but since I have not done ANY Christmas shopping........guess what I have to do today? :headache: :sad1: :headache: :sad1:

I would much rather hang out on Disboards looking at pics of the Fort and daydreaming :cloud9: :laughing:

i love it.. i can almost feel the heat.. ohhhhh, that's just the pellet stove :).

we are -5 degrees and with the wind chill we are - 27 degrees. it is so cold out.. poor pups walk out the door, stand there for a second or two and come back in.

we took a ride to a nearby town the other day to fill the truck with fuel before the big storm. i loaded the dogs in the truck and they laid right now and got all comfy and cozy and fell asleep. i told jeff that i believe they think we are heading south on a big trip (we do almost every year). i felt bad.

:santa:

LOL, I may have some more monstrous pics to post but since I have not done ANY Christmas shopping........guess what I have to do today? :headache: :sad1: :headache: :sad1:

That's OK. We'll be here when you get back.

we are -5 degrees and with the wind chill we are - 27 degrees.........

This is the part where I say "I am SO VERY GLAD we do not live in North Dakota anymore ~grin~

Cindy F,
Were you setup in loop 2000 up front near the bus stop?

We were at site 18 something? Looking out from our site to the left and across the street, was a short little path to the comfort station and about 1/2 block or so past the C.S. was the bus top. I loved that we were close to the bus stop, within easy walking distance to The Meadows area, and direct access to the comfort station. :love:

I made a green mickey ears sign with my name on it but I didn't put it out since I'm new here and no one would know me anyway! Everyone would be thinking "Who's this Cindy F chick and what's she doing using our green Mickey Ears logo!?"

That's OK. We'll be here when you get back.

Well....$750 later :scared1: :scared1: , the Christmas shopping is done. I'm trying not to think about the fact that we bought our popup for $750 or that I could have stayed at Fort Wilderness for 2 weeks for that :sad2: :guilty: that's very selfish of me isn't it?
ASHAMED.jpg

The presents aren't even wrapped or out of the shopping bags and you see where I'm at! :rotfl:
I need a Fort Wilderness 12 step program.

Hey Cindy F! I have one question for you. How do you keep the camper so neat and clean!!????? Ours used to look like a perpetual tornado circling :-)

Hey Cindy F! I have one question for you. How do you keep the camper so neat and clean!!????? Ours used to look like a perpetual tornado circling :-)

Oh, that's easy! Everyone in my family is very clean and helpful and alway clean up after themselves and if they forget, someone else pitches in and cheerfully picks it up for them. I hardly ever have to clean up after anyone.

LaughingSmiley.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my, <wiping tears> that cracked me up just typing it.

Uhhh...the way I keep it so neat and pretty is to set everything up, take all the pictures, and THEN I let the little pigs in to destroy it.

DVC00218.jpg

Oh, that's easy! Everyone in my family is very clean and helpful and alway clean up after themselves and if they forget, someone else pitches in and cheerfully picks it up for them. I hardly ever have to clean up after anyone.

Oh you had me going!!:rotfl2:

You could use my trick - 3 baskets on the counter for misc "stuff", otherwise... grab broom, open door! :lmao:

I personally like the
I'm-throwing-all-your-crap-in-your-bunk-and-closing-the-curtain approach although I have also used the "I'm- throwing-all-your-crap-in-a-tote-and-setting-it-outside technique with great success ;)

Ooohh. What didja get me? I'm easy to please. Small bills will do nicely. :santa:

LOL! I got you some giant pics of Fort Wilderness~ ~grin~
Now if you head this way and help me make the gallons of red, white, and blue potato salad my family is insisting on for Christmas Eve, I'll give you my brand new, super, duper, extra special, Fort Wilderness Chip and Dale Christmas pin!

Now I agree that the RWB potato salad is wicked, wicked good but all that peeling, chopping, frying, sautee-ing mixing...sigh...what a pain in the rumpus. But man does it go good with some low country boil.

I went to the Fort Wilderness website today and clicked on all the links and tour buttons and now I'm going to scour YouTube for Fort videos.....Ok, I admit it, I need help.

Now if you head this way and help me make the gallons of red, white, and blue potato salad my family is insisting on for Christmas Eve

Ok, Northerner here who MUST know what RWB potato salad is! Sounds like a recipe that should be on the camping board somewhere. :goodvibes

I did the extent of my Christmas cooking tonight - a big batch of extra-rummy rum balls. :dance3:

Ok, Northerner here who MUST know what RWB potato salad is! Sounds like a recipe that should be on the camping board somewhere. :goodvibes

I did the extent of my Christmas cooking tonight - a big batch of extra-rummy rum balls. :dance3:

I finally got all the cookie baking done yesterday -26 dozen cookies :scared1:

Oh, red, white, and blue potato salad is WICKED good!
Here's the recipe in case you want to make some but I warn you....you will be hooked and it will be YOUR family nagging you to slave away in the kitchen ~grin~

Boil a bunch of red potato chunks (leave the skin on with at least half of the pieces) in salted water with a healthy shot of white vinegar (to help hold the taters together).

Dressing:
1 16 oz container of sour cream
a cup or two? of Mayo
salt and pepper
Lawry's garlic salt
1/2 pound crumbled bacon, cooled
Container of quality crumbled bleu cheese 8oz?
1/2 large chopped vidalia onion sauteed in butter and cooled.

Mix it all up together(squishing up the bleu cheese well) and add your cooled, well drained potato pieces. Of course it's best if you let it sit overnight but you won't be able to keep people out of it that long. Plus you have to continually taste to check the seasoning and once you taste it...well, you're a goner.

This is not my usual potato salad but it is fabulous.
Alternatively, you can use this dressing instead:

extra virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar
finely chopped red onion
crumbled bleu cheese

Mix well, Dress the potatoes and wait until right before serving to top with crumbled bacon.

It is fantastic with low country boil: Huge pot filled with water and Zatarains carb boil. Throw in shrimp, crab legs, crawfish, andouille sausage pieces, corn on the cob, and red potatos.

Laissez les bons temps roulez!!

I have to add a little edit here, I usually sautee the vidalias in the bacon grease and not butter. I know....that's horrible and I should be ASHAMED of putting all that animal fat in potato salad.

What can I say? We love bacon. Bacon is meat candy.

I have to add a little edit here, I usually sautee the vidalias in the bacon grease and not butter. I know....that's horrible and I should be ASHAMED of putting all that animal fat in potato salad.

What can I say? We love bacon. Bacon is meat candy.

Good gosh woman, do you hear the words that are coming outta your mouth ?!?!?!

Everybody knows that

Pork Fat Rules !! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter