At the CR now and we've been upgraded to the 12th Floor

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
Well talk about pixidust! Last night I got an e-mail from WDW reservations indicating that our room was 12 th Floor atrium level. I thought it was a mistake and did not want to get my hopes up. Well we checked in and sure enough we were upgraded to the 12 floor. The concierge lounge has such a great view of the MK and the surrounding area.
This only the second time I've ever rec'd an upgrade. The last time was just after 9/11 and we booked a garden view at the YC and were given a room with a view of lagoon.
I booked this trip to celebrate my 55th Birthday so needless to say I am thrilled!!!

Well talk about pixidust! Last night I got an e-mail from WDW reservations indicating that our room was 12 th Floor atrium level. I thought it was a mistake and did not want to get my hopes up. Well we checked in and sure enough we were upgraded to the 12 floor. The concierge lounge has such a great view of the MK and the surrounding area.
This only the second time I've ever rec'd an upgrade. The last time was just after 9/11 and we booked a garden view at the YC and were given a room with a view of lagoon.
I booked this trip to celebrate my 55th Birthday so needless to say I am thrilled!!!

Congrats! And Happy Birthday! :banana:

Good for you and happy birthday!

See whats new at the Outer Rim, take photo's if you get a chance.

Make sure to go see Yoshi at the California Grill, and get the Shrimp Tempura!:cool2:

We received the same :wizard: back in December 2007! It was such a wonderful experience, and Duncan loved watching the fireworks at night. Not to mention the Lounge was wonderful, and a great place to meet others from around the world.

Enjoy every minute, and have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY :flower3:

That's awesome, congratulations! And Happy Birthday!

So, what did you have booked originally?

Well we are back , it was cold but we had a really fantastic stay. We got to ride in the front of the monorail (a first for my sister).
I went on this trip with my sister we had booked themepark view room. When the e-mail came indicating the change to the Atrium level I checked with my sister to make sure she was okay with not having a themepark room and she liked the idea of being at the concierge level. We were in the room so little that the themepark view would have been wasted and we really enjoyed the food selections in the lounge. The view from the lounge was amazing, it was nice to just there at night and enjoy a snack. I loved the cappuccino machine!!
The staff at the lounge were wonderful, they kept bringing in fresh items, and kept everything stocked.
In the morning they offered cold cereals, oatmeal, assorted pasteries, bread for toasting, bagels, coissants fresh fruit coffee, tea and juices. This was perfect for us as neither one of us eat big breakfasts. In the afternoon there were cookies and coffee, tea and sodas. In the early evenings there was hors d'oeuvers, wine, beer, sodas, veggies and cheese and crackers. In the late evening there were cheeses, crackers and small desserts and cordials.
In the past I never thought that I would utilize the lounge at the concierge level so I never booked a stay there. Now that I no longer do the commando style vacations I was able to enjoy the ammenities.
We came back to the hotel in the evenings to get our winter coats, we really needed them when we went back for Illuminations or Wishes. So we'd have the hors d'oeuvers and a soda for me and a glass of wine for my sister. After the parks closed we sat in the lounge and had tea or coffee and some of the desserts.
My sister had not been to WDW since 2004 so this was really a nice treat for her.
Our view from our room was nice, we were able to see the Electric pageant at night and we could see the fireworks from Illuminations as well. We could see Spaceship Earth too.
The construction at Bay Lake Towers is coming along very well, each day they took down more and more of the scaffolding.
We were on the opposite end of Chef Mickeys so we had no noise from that, but the doors were so heavy I would doubt you'd hear much even if you were at that end. And we heard no noise from the construction outside because the balcony doors were heavy as well. In fact our first day, we stepped outside and heard a jack hammer when we stood outside but once we closed the door we did not hear it at all.
Walking to and from the MK was great, after Wishes were done we just held back a bit so as not to be run over by the masses and then just casually strolled back to the CR.
The decor at the Contempory was actually quite nice, pictures do not do it justice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!