At Disney now... It was so much easier when my son was 1yr old

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by chimommy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. chimommy

chimommy Mouseketeer

He is all over the place now that he is three... Still having a good time but it is a much different trip. Magic kingdom has been the best park for us so far... We have a couple days left... I think we are just taking the night off.... Any tips for hs?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. twinboysmom

twinboysmom DIS Veteran

All I can say is I know. We have been 6 times since the boys turned 18 months and just got back Monday. They turn 3 in 2 months. Trust me, I really do sympathize.

4. Ava

Ava DIS Veteran

I feel you. Everyone talks about "terrible 2s" but my DD was so much easier at 2 than she is now at 3. We took her to Disney right after she turned 2 and it was a blast, she was so easy as long as we took it slow and made sure she had enough rest/breaks. Our next trip won't be until she's around 4.5 (assuming we can make it work for next fall) so hopefully she'll be easy again by then!

Oh, to answer your question - all we did at HS when DD was 2 was:
    -Character greetings by the hat
    -Backlot Tour (we ended up doing this while waiting for our TSM FastPass time - me and my parents volunteered to be in the show, which DD thought was hilarious)
    -Toy Story Mania
    -Playhouse Disney show
    -Lunch
    (And I rode Rockn Rollercoaster quickly through the single-rider line while the rest of the group finished lunch/rested)

That was it. She probably would've enjoyed a few other things there, but it was really hot out so we were all ready to go back to the hotel for a rest.

5. Dizisfun

Dizisfun Mouseketeer

If you can catch the Green Army Men when they do their little show near Toy Story Mania, that was really cute. And they let the children participate.....

6. chimommy

chimommy Mouseketeer

Yes....it's hard.... He wants to walk everywhere and wants to be very independent... I can't believe he isnt exhausted.. He just keeps going and going. We are going to stay on property our next trip... I think it might make breaks easier... We are still having fun. it was just a lot easier on our last trip. Most of the time I feel like we have the most wild kid at the park :)

7. nchulka

nchulka <font color=purple>it was funny when the creepy gu

Take him to the honey I shrunk the kids playground at HS. It will be perfect for him, he can run and climb and play and you can sit a rest! There's only one way in and out so as long as you're near the exit he can't escape, just let him run himself out of energy :thumbsup2

8. pumpkinmomma

pumpkinmomma DIS Veteran

Disney Jr Show is a good show for that age. There is a Jake and a Handy Manny meet and greet just outside the entrance to the show, too.

If he is a wiggler, I would skip the longer shows like Beauty and the Beast, etc. My youngest was not good about sitting still through those at all.

9. jazz0007

jazz0007 DIS Veteran

Hang in there! When they get to be 5, 6, 7+ it's a blast!!! Our ds is finally tall enough to do RnRC and I'm so excited for our next trip because we're all tall enough for everything!! AND they both behave/follow along a little better.

Staying on property DEFINATELY helps when you have kids.

10. kt_mom

kt_mom DIS Veteran

Like a PP said, hang in there, it gets easier! When we took DD at 4 she was awesome and we all had a great time.

DS did good/okay last October when he was about 16 months. I'm nervous about our December trip as he will be 2 1/2 and he is so full of energy and completely incapable of sitting still unless he is asleep or watching the first 10minutes of his favorite movie at the time. It will be hard to juggle it all since DD is 9 and loves the thrill rides and so we'll be trying to do a little for both of them. I'm hoping that by next year DS will have settled down a little since he'll be 3 1/2 for next years trip.