At BWV now. We absolutely love it, but...

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
We finally made it home to BWV. We are staying at a preferred view 2-bedroom unit. It is so easy to get used to this, now that my DH, as cheap as he is, is agreeing to switch our ressie for May from a BCV studio to a BWV 2-br. Also, we now prefer BWV over BCV due to its location. I will be waitlisting to get a 2-br for our dates. BCV was the reason why we bought into DVC, but now BWV is where we want to stay.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone else thinks that the lighting in the living room is very dim. What do you do? Everything is great in this unit, except for the lighting.

Is it just this unit or this is generally the case? Thanks

Originally posted by luckytso
Anyway, I am wondering if anyone else thinks that the lighting in the living room is very dim. What do you do? Everything is great in this unit, except for the lighting.

Is it just this unit or this is generally the case? Thanks
It is funny you should say this, as I was going to post the same thing about VWL. It could be the energy saver type lighting and low wattage bulbs. Whatever it is, I can not sit on the couch and read without straining.

I am glad you are enjoying BWV.....:cool:

just call housekeeping & ask for a brighter bulb for the "offending" light - it worked for me!!

Agree lighting is not great. This is actually typical "hotel" for a lot of places (nationwide) -- just a couple of lamps with 60 watt bulbs

Hi Luckytso!

I had a feeling that after you stayed in a 2-bed it would be hard to go to a studio in May!! BCV still has it perks too. Your DS will love SAB that she wouldn't have access to if you switch your ressie to BWV.

What kind of view do you have with the "preferred?" Are you looking out to the Boardwalk itself?

Enjoy!

Sheryl :D

luckytso....I hope the shock to your system wasn't too much....changing from a studio to a 2BR.....that's like taking an entirely different vacation altogether!! :p

I hadn't noticed the lighting in the villas myself (at VWL or BWV), but I tend to do any reading on the balcony. At VWL we got the morning sun (lake side) and at BWV we got the afternoon sun (quiet pool view). I just don't recall the lighting to be a problem....but wasn't paying much attention either.

Glad you're enjoying BWV. Have a great remainder of the trip!

now prefer BWV over BCV due to its location

I'm just curious what you see as the location preference. I haven't stayed at BCV yet, but to me they seem to be in basically the same location. I'd like to hear what you see as the benefit.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the full benefit of membership by spreading out in a 2-bedroom!

We usually stay in a 1 BR at OKW and we have wrap around windows which let in a lot of light during the daytime. When I have stayed at BCV and BWV I missed the abundance of natural light due to just a few windows.
As to the light bulbs. I always find it hard to shave using the second lavatory which has a "52" watt bulb. I'm use to having a light bar with about 4 60 watt bulbs.

Originally posted by Maistre Gracey
It is funny you should say this, as I was going to post the same thing about VWL. It could be the energy saver type lighting and low wattage bulbs. Whatever it is, I can not sit on the couch and read without straining.

Wasn't there a lamp right next to the sofa? There was in our studio. So I would read under it or while I was in bed.

We don't mind the low lighting.;) ;) ;)

I had also brought my itty bitty book lite just in case!

While I'm not the OP I have stayed at both resorts. If you like the "hubbub" and busy'ness of the BW right outside your door, then BWV is the place to stay. Even though BCV is an Epcot resort, it is really tucked out of the way. It really is a good hike over to the BW from BCV.

We have the view of the Swan, not many units can have a longer walk than ours. All the way at the end, but close to the stairs and trash room. I did not think I would like the view, but we do. It is nice looking at Swan and the Friendship boats going by.

Checked out OKW and ate at Olivia's tonight. The CMs there were really nice, gave us a tour of a 2-br unit and explained the layout of the resort to us. It is a very nice resort, but I would rather stay at BWV for its location, sacrafice the space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter