At BLT now!

Had a chance spring break 2010 to stay at BLT but passed on it in favor of VWL. Not sure we would like the starkness of the contemporary decor. We had never stayed at VWL either and it was a complete toss up. We loved our VWL stay in a 1 bedroom. Could see EWP from our room and enjoyed the boat ride to MK.

Maybe in the future we will give BLT a try. Next spring break we will be going back "home" to BCV. Love it there, too! Honestly, would probably love all the DVC resorts for different reasons.

Enjoy your stay!:wizard:

Thanks! I love BLT decor, it's more my style, to each her/his own, which is why i love DVC, there is something for everyone.

I love BLT also! We have stayed in 2 bedroom units. I was originally going to do a split stay in Feb 5 nights THV 5 nights BLT but my parents were able to get a 1 bedroom at SSR with their RCI points so we decided to stay the full 10 nights at THV. I am excited about staying in the THV but I am bumming that I will not be at BLT!!! Upside I am going to bank all BLT points so next year we maybe able to go in the fall 2012 and winter of 2013!:banana:

Yay! That's what we are doing this year, we are here now, and then coming back in February with banked points :cool1:

Thanks for posting the pics. I posted earlier that we stayed at BLT for the first time in June and loved it as well. However I noticed as I was looking at your pictures that your room had an actual "laundry room". Ours had a laundry "closet". We opened a door and there was a stacking washer/dryer and a broom, that was it. We did have an actual closet around the corner from the laundry but it was just regular closet size, nothing big. It probably depends on where in the "curve" the unit is as to whether there is a untility room vs. a utility closet. I prefer the room, but since I didn't know any better and it was the same at VGC (our only other DVC stay) I never thought twice about it. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Wow, I'm glad you told me that, because I was so impressed with the laundry "room" but I may not get that next time I see

I noticed as I was looking at your pictures that your room had an actual "laundry room". Ours had a laundry "closet".

I think all the rooms on the outside of the "C" have the laundry closet and the rooms on the inside of the "C" have the laundry rooms.

Last time we had a 1 BR at BLT I was hoping for the wider living room that comes with the outside rooms, but the huge laundry area took some of the sting out of being stuck on the inside!

I think all the rooms on the outside of the "C" have the laundry closet and the rooms on the inside of the "C" have the laundry rooms.

Last time we had a 1 BR at BLT I was hoping for the wider living room that comes with the outside rooms, but the huge laundry area took some of the sting out of being stuck on the inside!

I've been inside twice and outside once. I do love the walkin laundry room. We used it to store our suitcases, noodles, and other large things like the gallons of water. We had our first outside C room last week and the living room is larger. The outside has the bar stools and the inside room does not. We found we never used the bar stools, so they won't be missed. Both rooms have their pros and cons. While we finally got an even room, we were ground floor and faced the marina. We could not see the EWP unless we walked off of the patio on to the sidewalk. When we were inside C both times earlier, we never got to see the EWP from either of those rooms. We were over the community center both times. After 3 stays at BLT, we've yet to have a great view.

Congratulations--and, just be sure to check your points. I have read about people being upgraded in view and then getting home and finding they were charged for those points. It was eventually straightened out.

I love BLT and also can't imagine ever going on a trip and not staying there. We just got back from a BWV/BLT split stay and wont' ever do summer without it that way!

Have fun!!!

I checked out my points when I got home and it's something very strange. They have zeroed out my points used under "View Vacation Details". Both segments of my trip have 0 points used (even though they are taken out in use year). Wonder why they did that?

I checked out my points when I got home and it's something very strange. They have zeroed out my points used under "View Vacation Details". Both segments of my trip have 0 points used (even though they are taken out in use year). Wonder why they did that?

My current trip had the same thing and don't know why. I checked my points, though, and they are correct so I didn't worry about it.

Glad you had a great time! BLT remains my all time favorite resort!!!

It definitely sounds like an upgrade to me as there are no standard view rooms on the 9th floor. There are few on the outer north side of the building but that's as high as standard view goes.

Every DVC vacation we have taken since the computer change in October 2010 now shows that we have used zero points for those vacations. However, when we look at the view activity account statement each vacation shows the correct number of points being used. And our point totals agree with my DH's spreadsheet. :goodvibes

So you can check your online account and call MS and I think you'll be fine.

Our trip from May displays the same way. Just check your points remaining and if that total is correct then you must have gotten a free upgrade!

You also can click the link for view activity statement and that would show any changes made and what points were used for the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter