ASMU family suites vs POR Riverside alligator bayou for 5

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by saradela, Mar 27, 2014.

1. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

We are on a bounce back promotion with free dinning for september 24 to october 3.
    I got a very good deal on CSR: 10 days for $3560.00 with park hoopers.
    Its me DD24, DS25,DD16 , but now , a friend of my daughter, 16 also, wants to come along. Life has been rough on her, so even though I am willing to lose the great deal, I am happy she will stay with us.
    Since it's a Bounce Back , AoA is not in the Promotion, so for the price it only gives me two choices:
    -Port Orleans Alligator bayou or the family suites at All Star Music.
    Any input out there will be very appreciated! ;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

The 5th bed at POR is meant for a child 9 or under. You would be a lot more comfortable in the ASMU suite. There is a queen sized bed in the master bedroom, and three singles in the other room. You'd also get a second bathroom, which looks like a must with ages of all the girls.

4. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

Great information. Thanks!

:goodvibes

5. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I would go with the family suite, for the fact that it has 2 bathrooms. A definite plus!:)

6. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

does the ASMU suites have a Washing machine ?

7. maxiesmom

Unfortunately no.:sad1:

8. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

9. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

You'll be much happier in the family suite. You get bedroom with Queen bed, desk and side chair. Living room with full size sleep sofa, twin chair bed and ottoman that turns into a bed. Two TVs. Two full baths plus two closets. And kitchenette with microwave, coffee pot, small fridge and lots of storage. I broght a cheap $10 toaster with me too.

I think you'll all be tripping over each other at POR. It was much easier to keep the room organized in the suite.

Will you still get regular DDP at with the suite at the value resort or just quick service?

10. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

DITTO :thumbsup2

And one room at POR is awfully small for 3, adult sized people.

11. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

No, but all resorts have (for pay) laundry facilities by the pool.

12. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

I will have to upgrade the dinning plan......

13. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

How is the waiting for the buses ? I belive that this is the last resort the buses come by, am I correct ?

14. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

:eek::eek:
    :scared:

15. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

At ASMu Suites you will get a "bedroom with one queen-size bed; a living area with a double-size sleeper sofa; a sleeper chair; a sleeper ottoman". I know people have said the chair/ottoman are comfortable but for all adults I just don't see this as a good fit comfort wise or for your group makeup.

You could get two value resort rooms which would give you an extra bed with still having two bathrooms. You and DS could share a room with your own double beds, while your older daughter gets a double bed and your younger DD/Friend share a bed. This would also give you two fridges.

Looking at your dates it appears that two rooms at a value will add up to less than the ASMu suite whether you do POP or Allstars. The little extra may help with the dining plan upgrade and for that long of a trip you want to upgrade!

A plus for POP is dedicated bus system and walking over the bridge to eat at AoA which has a very good food court with many extras, particularly in the snack credit area.

16. maxiesmom

Nope. When the All Stars share a bus, the Music is the second stop out of the three resorts. In my experience, sharing a bus is the exception, not the rule. Each All Star has it's own bus the majority of the time.

17. farrahalex76

farrahalex76 Mouseketeer

No it's the second. We stayed there Memorial week 2 years ago and we never had problems with the bus. I don't think we ever shared in the mornings. In the afternoons did but it didn't take long at all. I don't think we ever waited over 10 minutes for a bus.

18. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

It's in the middle which can be a good thing. If busses are not sharing you could really take any of the 3 back and walk back to music.

Family suites are also in the 4 buildings closest to the food court/bus stops.

I don't think OP can switch to two rooms since she booked just 1 with the Bounceback. Might be an option if they offer free DDP to the general public for her dates.

The fridge in the suite is a bigger than the ones in the standard rooms. I think it might have a tiny freezer too.

19. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

The thing is, that it is a bounceback offer, with free dinning, it does not alow me two rooms, it has to be one, or a suite. I Love POP.:lovestruc

20. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

Family suites are also in the 4 buildings closest to the food court/bus stops.

That is a big PLUS
    :thumbsup2

21. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Wasn't thinking it was a bounceback .... you might want to verify but I've been told by some that you can upgrade a bounceback to next level hotel but you can not downgrade it. Worth asking to be sure before you make any changes, I would hate for them to make the change for you but then you possibly lose the free dining. I have downgraded a bounceback but had to wait until the public offer for Free Dining came out to do so.