ASMo, AoA, POR - mom and 5 yrs old

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by zaz, Feb 7, 2013.

1. zaz

zaz Mouseketeer

I'm confused!! I am planning WDW in April and/or early May. I'm choosing the dates tonight.

For both late April, early May, there is the Spring promotion, however, much is gone in terms of 'regular' rooms for sale. I do not need a suite; knor a prefered room, it will most likely just be me and my 5 yrs old daughter.

Prices on the Web site come up to (reg. meal plan and tickets included for all) :

With sale : ASMo : 1938 $
    Without sale : ASMo : 2046 $
    Without sale : AoA Little Mermaid : 2176 $
    With sale : POR : 2289 $.

Prices are very similar. AoA with sale would be a definite choice, but it doesn't seem available.

What's my best bet?

Thank you!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CarpeDisney

CarpeDisney Mouseketeer

Although I don't know what your daughter likes, I think the little mermaid wing of the AoA may be most appealing for your trip. However, I think you'll be happy in any of the locations. Up to you and your budget. If you save a few hundred on the room you could use the money for a nicer meal (Cinderella's castle) or a great gift/momento from the trip. Good luck!

4. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I think that the best deal here is the least expensive one. Take that extra $350 and spend it on some extras for you and your DD.

5. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

I am voting POR on this one. I travel alone with DS5 a lot and convenience is a big factor to me. POR will offer more food options, more comfortable beds and better transportation including the boat to DTD. And with the discount, you are getting a great price for a mod. I did AoA alone with DS last year and it was not fun for me. He loved it, but really got over the excitement of the theme in a day. Our next trip, we stayed at the Dolphin at mod prices. He still loved it and it was easier and more enjoyable for me. I vote POR!

6. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I would vote for ASMo as it is less walking and your little one will be tired.

Good points though that PPer said about POR.

7. zaz

zaz Mouseketeer

THank you for the advice. My mom just called to ask me to give them 3 hours to think it over and they may come with us. Are the moderates really bigger? wWe would share a room.

8. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Yes, the mods have more SQ feet. And (except for CBR) they will have queen beds, which I'm sure the grandparents will appreciate.