Asking for Requests??

Slowsgirl

Earning My Ears
When you want to be in a certain place at a resort do you ask for that when you are checking in or do you need to ask before hand??

Never asked for anything at the resorts didnt realize you could till i found this site so just kinda wondering how it all works! Thanks :)

I put our request on our reservation at the WDW Travel Co. number for a first floor at the Poly or a third floor. Would love to have a balcony and patio :)

I always put in the request when I make the reservation; then I fax it a couple of days ahead of time and then I mention it when I check in. We have been very lucky at the CSR and have always gotten the section and building we have wanted.

This is what I do when location or another request is VERY important to me (and I have NEVER not gotten a request). I call the actual resort the night before I'm to check in and ask them to please do the best they can to meet that request.

When checking in, I make the request again.

I always put in the request when I make the reservation; then I fax it a couple of days ahead of time and then I mention it when I check in.

Yep, that's exactly what we do too. :thumbsup2 So far we have always been able to accomodate our requests.

When you want to be in a certain place at a resort do you ask for that when you are checking in or do you need to ask before hand??

Never asked for anything at the resorts didnt realize you could till i found this site so just kinda wondering how it all works! Thanks :)

Make your request when you book this way it shows up when the room :goodvibes assigner looks at them. They don't get it until a week or so before.

Make your request when you book this way it shows up when the room :goodvibes assigner looks at them. They don't get it until a week or so before.

Exactly. Your room gets assigned to you before you get there. Remember that what you request are just requests, nothing is guaranteed.

Guidelines for requests - the simpler the better. And put your most needed request (or desired) request first, then go from there. So if you really want that first floor room, put that first and then a building request or whatever else you want. If you get too detailed, only a few of your requests might be met.

If you get your room number and it's not what you wanted (say you wanted first floor but you are on the third), you can always ask to be moved to another room. That would depend on the availability at that time.

Your room gets assigned to you before you get there.

Just to add to that though...just because your room is 'assigned' to you before you get there, that does not mean it cannot be changes--even at check-in. As already mentioned though, that depends on what their options are at the time regarding availability. That is why it is always a good idea to get there early for check in when possible--so they will have more rooms they can move you to if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter