Asking for recipes

jkluttrell

Mouseketeer
A friend of mine told me that if you like something you eat at one of the restaurants in WDW that you can ask the server for the recipe and they will give it to you (or email it to you). Is this true? Seems to good to be true (not that I am a good enough cook to ever make anything like they do there).

1) It has always been true.
2) Just make sure you get it right then.
3) If they promise to email it, it might not happen.

NOTE: The only "secret recipe" WDW has is how they get you to spend more money on your vacation then you wanted. And THAT secret they are not devulging. :)

Yes it is true that they will give it to you.

Even when it is something like a sauce. When we were at Boma my Dh asked for the hot/spicey mustard sauce receipe, the server made sure to get it for us before we left.
(lol....it was the only thing we liked on the whole buffet!! :lmao: )

I am moving this post to the Cooking Board. There are so many Disney recipes posted on the board! Enjoy!:thumbsup2

I have rec'd recipes. I have also requested them and not rec'd them.
Overall, you can follow and come out with the same.
The mushroom soup recipe from Brown Derby did not come out as good as I had there. I suspect the recipe is a basic and whomever cooks up the batch that day makes it to their liking.
I tried diligently to get the cauliflower soup recipe from Boma, only to find out the only recipe they have for this is not written in English and made in a mass quantity.

The Dis also has dozens, if not hundreds of WDW recipes already. What you want is probably on the Dis somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter