Asking for pixie dust, prayers, or happy jig...UPDATE 9/19 Final news

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by disneym2m, Aug 24, 2012.

1. disneym2m

disneym2m I am only allowed to visit WDW once every 5 years.

Hi everyone:

I know with Issac heading towards Florida and what happened in NYC it is more important to send pixie dust towards those directions, but if you have an extra sprinkle, I could really use it.

As I sit in San Francisco, wishing I was dealing with this back in my home state of Virginia, I am becoming very, very nervous.

Back story: I have been diabetic for 31 years. In 2002 I was diagnosed with kidney disease and all has been going well until recently. Apparently my reproductive system is messing up my kidney levels. How, I don't know or understand, but it is. So the gynecologist put me on this shot to help settle things down. Well I am in week 3 of the shot and I am having terrible, terrible reactions to it.

My gynecologist says there is no way that this is the shot but I was fine until I took it. About a week ago I was in the hospital for terrible chest pains (a side effect of this shot) and while in the hospital my kidney levels shot up drastically. My kidney doctor said I was fine to go to San Francisco.

Well I went to Labcorp on Monday and the results are worse than ever. In 3 days my levels skyrocketed and now I am swelling terribly. I look like I got into a fight. My husband keeps telling me not to worry about this because this is the shot and I have about a week left before it starts to fade from my system. But I am scared that the swelling means that my kidneys are failing fast.

I know this day would eventually come, but who is ever prepared for it? Right now I just feel so alone. I can't reach my kidney doctor for further advice until Monday. My dog isn't with me to cheer me up and my husband is in training all day. I am afraid to go out and do stuff in San Francisco, to keep my mind off things, because I am so sick. I have never felt so helpless before in my life.

If you have an extra minute I could really use a bit of support, pixie dust, prayer, happy jig, or what ever you can spare.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it the support.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cherinva

Cherinva Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Melissa, I'm so sorry you feel so bad.....I will keep you in my prayers. Take it easy and get some rest.

4. Kristina

Kristina DIS Veteran

I just typed up a long reply on my phone but it wouldn't let me post. Quickly I'll just say I'm sorry your going through this and I hope you feel better soon. Saying a little prayer for you..

5. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I'm sorry you are feeling so badly. I hope you feel a little better soon so you can enjoy your time in San Fran.

6. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Melissa, I have been wondering about how you were doing. I am glad that you decided to seek comfort here. Know that we are here for you! :hug:

I would speak with the doctor's call service about the swelling and be persistent. The mind can be a terrible thing sometimes and not knowing what is really causing it or if it is some other type of reaction will make you feel worse.

Hugs.

7. KayTom

KayTom Mouseketeer

Lots of hugs, good wishes and prayers heading your way.

I hope that they find the cause and are able to make you feel better soon xx

8. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

Good wishes and prayers and pixiedust:. Hope they figure out what's wrong, soon.

9. Disney Enabler

Disney Enabler <marquee><font color=deeppink>It's a great day to

How much longer are you going to be in San Francisco? Maybe if you feel better then you can catch a cab and go to see The Walt Disney Family Museum. It might make you feel better. :-)

Carol
    It's a great day to be alive!!!

10. parrotheadlois

parrotheadlois DIS Veteran

oh Melissa - I'm so sorry you're going through all this, and to not be home as well. I wish I knew someone nearby to keep you company and help keep you mind off things. Greg and I are both conjuring up good thoughts :stir: and sending pixiedust: Take care, stay in touch :hug:

11. NC Belle

NC Belle <font color=indigo>I <font color=red>♥ <font color

:hug: Sending you many hugs, prayers, and pd.

12. Dian-er

Dian-er Mouseketeer

get a second opinion. go to a doctor. It may be renal failure. You need to be checked!!

13. WorldWacky

WorldWacky DIS Veteran

Pixie dust is on it's way! pixiedust: I hope you start to feel better soon. You may feel alone right now but just know that you're not. You have a bunch of friends here thinking about you and sending prayers and best wishes your way. :hug:

14. WorldWacky

WorldWacky DIS Veteran

Pixie dust is on it's way! pixiedust: I hope you start to feel better soon. You may feel alone right now but just know that you're not. You have a bunch of friends here thinking about you and sending prayers and best wishes your way. :hug:

15. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Pixie Dust and Hugs coming your way.

If possible get a second opinion in San Francisco. If you wake up feeling better, just have an easy day, laying around the room, have a massage, get room service...pamper yourself.

Or, if you're up to it, find a tour in the area...something you would really enjoy and spend an enjoyable few hours.

16. capecodprincess

capecodprincess There must be more than this provincial life!

Wishing you tons of pixie dust and hugs. I wish you the best and that everything will be okay. You are in my prayers.

17. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Prayers and pixie dust on the way for you.

18. Jedana

Jedana <font color=blue>Have to learn to budget somehow.

Lots of :hug:
    Super big pixiedust:

19. Tinkershelly

Tinkershelly <font color=royalblue>DisneyWorld trip winner!<br>

I'm sorry you're going through this alone right now. But I agree with others who say do what you can to take your mind off your troubles for a little while. And eat and drink what you need to take the pressure off your kidneys, low sodium, etc. A massage is a good idea, maybe swim in the pool, take a walk around the block, a do a bit of shopping, in short distract yourself. But if things get worse don't be afraid to get yourself to a hospital or clinic for professional advice.

When you get back home you need to get your doctors to explain all this to you. And if they can't explain it in ways that you can understand they need to find someone who can. The more you don't know the more you'll worry, and this is not helping you, especially with new things happening. Worrying changes your body chemistry and stresses your systems, a bad thing all over. Doctors are supposed to treat the patient, and that often means the whole patient, including their feelings.

I hope things go better for you this weekend and that you'll get some comfort soon. Lots of hugs! :hug:

20. parrotheadlois

parrotheadlois DIS Veteran

I find myself wondering how you're doing, and having read Diana's post, I agree - please go to a doctor.

21. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

This! I totally agree with Dian-er. It's not normal, and with your medical history, you shouldn't take chances.

I hope you're feeling normal soon. It's so hard being ill when you're not near home!

Sayhello