Askerhus Royal Banquet - lunch

clori

DIS Veteran
My dd's would love to see Ariel at Norway so breakfast is out. The kids meals are okay and dh will probably like the Kjottkaker. As an adult on the dining plan do you think I could get either plain pasta/grilled chicken or a kids meal?

My understanding is that they'll try to accommodate you at any Disney restaurant but the lunch menu at Akershus isn't all that exotic. Is that your concern?

My wife had the "Pasta Akershus" which is just sauteed vegetables and pasta in pesto sauce. I believe you can also order that with grilled chicken.

Does Ariel not come to breakfast, only lunch? Is she there for dinner?

Thanks!

They made some grilled chicken and veggies dish for my husband (he's diabetic). It was very nicely seasoned and I thought better than anything else on the menu. We weren't fans of the dessert sampler, so they brought use a sugar free chocolate mousse and the kids got itzakadoozies.

We found them to be very accommodating here.

My understanding is that they'll try to accommodate you at any Disney restaurant but the lunch menu at Akershus isn't all that exotic. Is that your concern?

My wife had the "Pasta Akershus" which is just sauteed vegetables and pasta in pesto sauce. I believe you can also order that with grilled chicken.

We were just at Akershus a couple of weeks ago in late October. We usually book Akershus every year.

This time, they did not have Pasta Akershus (with the option to top with salmon or chicken) on the new Lunch menu anymore. I wish I took a picture of the new options! This was an unfortunate change, because it was my absolute favorite entree, and now we are unsure to book ADRs for an Akershus Lunch in the future, especially if we can meet the princesses at a CRT Lunch.

Instead, they invited us to order the open-faced sandwich with a piece of grilled salmon on top, which was fresh and yummy... but not the same. I did find some cold pasta in the cold buffet included with entry. Nonetheless, we missed Pasta Akershus. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter