Ashley and Alex- PROFESSIONAL PICS ARE FINALLY UP!

Yay for getting so much done! Can't wait to see the welcome packets, I think I want to make some too, so I would love to see pictures. I can't wait to hear all about your planning session! What are your plans to do while you are there, besides the wedding planning!?

Thanks so much for reading! I am in the process of getting the welcome packet together but will definitely post pics as soon as I can

So now I am totally caught up! Your engagement story is so adorable - it completely made me teary!

I hope you have an awesome time at your planning session!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Makes sure if there are any specific cake flavors you want to try to request them for the tasting.

Also there seems to be some debate as to whether or not you can pay to have a mock up of your floral done. I would def ask about it - at least for your personal floral. If they are willing to do it - trust me it would be worth every penny.

If you get Laura please tell her I said hi!

Have fun!!!!

- Cassie :goodvibes

Thank you!

Those are great tips and I will definitely mention those to my wedding planner, I have a call with her tomorrow morning :)

you look like a total princess in your dress!! its gorgeous!!!

cant wat to hear more!! have fun at your planning session!!!

xxxx:wizard:

you look like a total princess in your dress!! its gorgeous!!!

cant wat to hear more!! have fun at your planning session!!!

xxxx:wizard:

Thank you! I actually had a bit of a freak out session in February since the dress was not in Chicago with me. But now I am very happy with it :)

We have our planning session in three days i can't believe it is so soon! I'm very excited and will definitely post some pics

So I got to talk to my NEW wedding planner today...keyword being new :confused:

Apparently there are so many weddings on 10.10.10 that they had to do some re-organizng. I don't mind much but my old wedding planner is still going to do my PS on Friday since it was already booked and my new Wedding planner has a wedding that day. Thankfully it is in the WP so she can stop by. Honestly i'm cool with it I just would like to at least meet her :idea:

The call went really well oherwise, and we discussed the Rehearsal Dinner. Since I stole Alex's idea for the Napa Room (his 1st choice) for the Reception I told him to think of other ideas. His Dad really wants to do a slideshow so a private room is a preference. They suggested the Attic and the Nutcracker ballroom at the Contemporary which I had never thought of. :thumbsup2 I really like the Attic since it's got a very homely feel to it and am not a fan of ballrooms so hopefully we will go with the Attic (min is 2500 and we would have about 25 people)

Here are some pictures! I think it will be really cool AND BONUS!! We can see Illuminations from the patio!

Attic2.jpg

Attic1.jpg

They emailed the menus over and we are going to take a look at them!

Oh a rehearsal dinner at the Attic would be so lovely! I'm glad everything worked out for the planning session. I can't wait to read all about the trip!

Oh a rehearsal dinner at the Attic would be so lovely! I'm glad everything worked out for the planning session. I can't wait to read all about the trip!

Thank you! I think it's actually going to work out really well, loving the future in-laws for agreeing to it :worship:

Definitely will be posting pictures from the Planning Session, I can't wait, it's crazy to think it's only a few days away!!!!!:yay:

Leaving for the Planning Session today!!!

Cannot wait! I'm so excited for our PS tomorrow! I promise to give all the details and pictures as soon as I get back!

Leaving for the Planning Session today!!!

Cannot wait! I'm so excited for our PS tomorrow! I promise to give all the details and pictures as soon as I get back!

Have a great time!!! Also, I LOVE the Attic, I think it would be a perfect choice for your rehearsal dinner.

Hey everyone!

I'm back! Though I gotta say I wish we weren't. It was so beautiful there per the usual ;) But I really love being there. Currently I'm just trying to catch up :surfweb:

Let's get started then!

DAY 1- Studios/Francks!/and Magic Kingdom

We arrived at Pop Century and I was so happy to see that we were in the 1950's building! Lady and the Tramp were right outside our window

IMG_3345.jpg

And for breakfast what better than Mickey Rice Krispy Treats? We love them:love:

IMG_3348.jpg

So after that we headed out to Studios!

Moving on to Studios!

First things first...we exchanged our awesome gifts from DFTW :thumbsup2 I was so excited to get started!

IMG_3350.jpg

Since I used to work in Tower/Coaster/and Fant I am not a huge Coaster fan...you hear the same six songs for 8 months straight its bond to happen :rolleyes1 however...Alex loves it so we went on anyway

IMG_3355.jpg

Then at Tower we ran into a lot of our friends who work there full time. One was kind enough to let us ride by ourselves. It was pretty funny watching the look on everyone's faces who were still in the line. They were like dude? what is going on here :confused3 I loved it! Alex got to ride by himself all the time when he worked there after the shift but it was my first time so i was going crazy :yay:

IMG_3358.jpg

But enough park time! It was time for our Planning Session before we knew it! So off to the site visit at the Contemporary we go!

So our Wedding Planner was great enough to arrange a visit to the Contemporary prior to the Planning Session

Sonoma Room views- Cocktail hour/dancing/cake cutting.

We loved that you could see Epcot from the windows
IMG_3367.jpg

From the other direction you could see Islands of Adventure and Universal and downtown Orlando
IMG_3368.jpg

The view of the room. Its all cluttered now but everything will be moved out for dancing! I am a HUGE FAN of having the dancing be at the center of view so this will be perfect!
IMG_3369.jpg

Our wedding planner, MAXINNE, is in the corner of the picture. I still can't believe we didn't get a single picture of her together lol...oh well next time :)
We were so happy when she said she could still be our planner

Moving on to the Napa Room and the bridge with the view :banana:

The Napa Room will be where we will be having lunch. A few things to note about our reception which are AMAZING

1. They let us remove the desserts on the pre-set menu making the cost per person a little bit less (how much less I won't know until we get the BEO but lower) I figured if we are paying a lot for a wonderful cake, why would we need more desserts? :confused3

2. They let us combine the two minimums for each room so that we are making the min as a total and not seperatly this allowed us to have the bar offered in both areas :thumbsup2

Napa Room!
IMG_3377.jpg

We are going to have access to the bridge during the reception (weather permitting) But it's really gorgeous so fingers are crossed. And you can hear whatever is going on at the time in the park, so we could hear the Move it Shake it parade when we were up there

Some views from the bridge
IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

Next up: The PLANNING SESSION!:):):):)

Finally we headed to Franck's for our Planning Session! :goodvibes

IMG_3378-Copy.jpg

I was super excited!

IMG_3379.jpg

Side note, I loved that the rooms were all named after Sleeping Beauty's faries, ours was in Flora :)

I loved walking around to see everything available. I had been in Franck's before on a property tour for GR however this time was different since it truly was about my day :) I was seriously on cloud nine :cloud9:

We talked about so much stuff, i like to think i'm pretty easy going. I picked my bouquet and our cake within twenty minutes or so which was actually surprising. But they really did work with us to keep us in line for our budget! LOVED IT

IMG_3382.jpg

This wasn't the bouquet I chose but i thought it was pretty. Alex made me and the florist gasp when he suggested I use my bouquet as the tos bouguet!

I made Alex take a picture with the big cake
IMG_3383.jpg

Next up Cake Testing and the Cake YUMMY!!!!:lovestruc

CAKE TASTING!!

The moment Alex was waiting for! The Cake Tasting! :banana:

The lovely cream section-truly the stars of the show
IMG_3387.jpg

I loved the Tropical Cream but Alex hated it :mad:so sadly it was a no go

Without Further Ado...our beautiful cake
Ribbon_with_Chocolate_Scroll_Wor-1.jpg

Here are the details

Color: Green ribbon to match the bridesmaid
Silver: Main Accents
Pink: Little dotted accents

Flavors:
Bottom Layer: Chocolate with White Chocolate Cream
Middle: Almond Cake with Armeretto Cream
Top: Carrot Cake, I wanted Red Velvet but actually didn't like it so
Alex won the round...i only let him because i'm going for the
other two layers :laughing:

I actually am thinking about using our cake topper on our sweetheart table as a centerpiece since i don't think it will work for our cake since we are doing colors to match the scheme and the topper has a gold look to it

Coming soon! Hair and Make Up Trial and Engagement shots :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!