Ashley and Alex- PROFESSIONAL PICS ARE FINALLY UP!

Hi there...I am not a DIS bride YET, but I wanted to let you know that your dress is beautiful, and that I can't wait to hear more about your plans..

Hi there...I am not a DIS bride YET, but I wanted to let you know that your dress is beautiful, and that I can't wait to hear more about your plans..

Thank you so much. Since I bought it early its always nice to get little reminders that it was the right one. I had to buy it early so that i could have enough time for alterations and since those will be done in STL the dress is there. Which kills me because i wiould love to just look at it everyday :lovestruc

No worries about the YET part. I seriously stalked these boards for about a year before my engagement. And I can actually say it helped SOOOOOOO much. When we settled on our date we literally got flooded with info and thankfully I had a pre-determined idea of what things cost etc from other disbrides, so i'm happy to help in whatever way I can!

You are moving full steam ahead! I hear ya though, cause that was me last year when we were originally getting married on the 10/10 cruise. I'm so happy you got that date, that is awesome!
I love your dress you look so great in your princess poses! Love the the BM dresses too. I suggested that dress to my MOH for her wedding on 10/16 because she just got a call from DB last week that they discontinued the dress she originally picked for us to wear.
That's a bummer about the free flights, but at least you are able to come down! Planning Sessions are the best, one of the best things about the wedding!
How exciting that you are house hunting! Jeff and I need to get on that, our lease is up June 1st and we want to buy a house by then.
Can't wait to hear more!

Hi there!

I'm new to your PJ, but just read through and wanted to say hi! Hi! :wave2:

I love your engagement story! Congrats! Excellent date, dress, and plans so far! Good luck with the rest of your planning!

I'll start my own PJ one of these days! I'm the meantime, I'll be following along with you! popcorn::

Leah

You are moving full steam ahead! I hear ya though, cause that was me last year when we were originally getting married on the 10/10 cruise. I'm so happy you got that date, that is awesome!
I love your dress you look so great in your princess poses! Love the the BM dresses too. I suggested that dress to my MOH for her wedding on 10/16 because she just got a call from DB last week that they discontinued the dress she originally picked for us to wear.
That's a bummer about the free flights, but at least you are able to come down! Planning Sessions are the best, one of the best things about the wedding!
How exciting that you are house hunting! Jeff and I need to get on that, our lease is up June 1st and we want to buy a house by then.
Can't wait to hear more!

Thank you! I am so excited to hear about your day!!! I can't wait to see the pictures! We didn't get a pic of the back of the bridesmaid dresses and that's my favorite part. I love the scarves in the back. That's such a shame that they discountinued her dress, I wouldn't know what to do :scared1:

House hunting has been fun but I will warn you its crazy stressful. I feel like one day we are totally cemented on wanting one thing and the next day its like oh maybe its not important haha...just back and forth but I can't lie it will be wonderful to actually call a place home.

Hi there!

I'm new to your PJ, but just read through and wanted to say hi! Hi! :wave2:

I love your engagement story! Congrats! Excellent date, dress, and plans so far! Good luck with the rest of your planning!

I'll start my own PJ one of these days! I'm the meantime, I'll be following along with you! popcorn::

Leah

Hi back :wave2:

Thank you! He really did a great job of surprising me. YAY for starting a PJ, i've been having so much fun with mine and please feel free to read away!

House hunting is just not as fun as they say it is :scared1: It's been seriously taking up ALL of my time!

But that hasn't stopped me from doing some wedding stuff! :thumbsup2

So first, Marshalls is the best store in the world. That being said, let me explain why...

We are going to have at max 50 guests...so we of course need favor boxes. I found pink (the shade we wanted) favor boxes by Brides magazine for the amount we needed for drumroll please...7 DOLLARS. These pretty much are as close of a picture as I could find just imagine pink. It comes with the bow too! I think i am going to do little green Mickey heads on the corner!

something_blue_linen_favor_box.jpg

Then I was looking around home goods and what do I see? Disney Collectibles! I have the Pluto which I paid decent money for but I've never been any kind of dedicated collector. HOWEVER I do know that they have AMAZING Cinderella statues which is fine by me :lovestruc

So I'm thinking there is no way they have something like that in Marshalls for a discounted price WRONG!!! :yay:

Behold the amazinginess of my cake topper
4004837-disney-cake-topper.jpg

And the great part is the prince's hair isn't black (which it usually is) but brown like Alex's. it's perfect! We still have to see what cake we would like under it but still :)

I also received the call from my Wedding Planner Maxinne AND the Save the Dates went out! SO EXCITED!!!!

Just joining in. Congrats and what a sweet proposal story! You guys make such a cute couple. I wish I knew about the CP when I was in school, it seems like so much fun!

Congrats on getting your dates and scheduling your PS. You look beautiful in your dress, very princessy and I totally would not have tried on my dress either from the way it looked on the hanger but once I put it on I loved it!

Beautiful cake topper! I didn't know home goods had Disney collectibles...I may have to check that out. I've recently discovered WDCC things and just love them!

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans. Good luck on the house hunting, it is really stressful but so worth it when you find the right house...then more stressful when you have to actually pay for it, lol! It is really exciting though! :goodvibes

yey for favor boxes and a cake topper, that's awesome :thumbsup2
Jeff and Jackie were over last night and they said you were going with Pastor Luther too, he rocks! :banana:

We're getting married in 7 MONTHS!!!

Okay I just had to say it...yikes that is really soon! Thank goodness I did a lot of pre-planning and then did a lot that frist week because between house and JOB hunting I am way too emotionally overdosed at the moment.

Note on the job: I didn't get fired or anything crazy like that but lets just say I've had a lot of bad thank you days and not enough good ones. I'm pretty much spent. However on a lighter note I did find a great opportunity (thought it will mean going to back to even crazier hours than Disney, even though I didn't mind seeing as it was for the mouse :worship:) I am just a firm believer in the fact that a job is something you choose to do and that choice should not make you want to cry or scream or punch pillows due to intense frustration :thumbsup2 So fingers are crossed, I should find out on Friday and then I can put in my two weeks :cool1: Another plus to a new job is that obviously vacation isn't something that I am probably getting since it is going from salary back to hourly (at least not for a year) However, since i'm getting married and the trips are already planned I GET THE TIME OFF! can't beat that so i'm very happy!

Planning Session countdown is less than a month away now! We are getting so excited, it's going to be so much fun! We are working on our planning guide now...all these descions are making me sleepy :surfweb: but in a good way!

You are getting so close!!!! Hope everything works out great with the new job! What are you plans so far for the PS?

Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been completely swamped between house hunting, MY NEW JOB!, quitting my old job :thumbsup2, and the weeding. Seriously my dentist told me I was grinding my teeth from stress so that must mean something is going on ha

Anyhooo onto the wedding news!

Our Planning Session is in TWO WEEKS!!!! :banana::banana:
Honestly it came up so fast, I really don't know if I'm ready for it but that doesn't mean I'm not super excited for it! We are staying at the Pop Century which will be a welcome change considering we always seem to find ourselves at the All Star Resorts. The Session is scheduled for April 9th from 1-5pm. We won't be able to do a menu tasting since our reception is in the CA Grill however cake will be available which in my world makes up for it :)

We also were finishing our planning kit this past weekend when we thought...hmmm we haven't cemented our officiant yet....might want to do that :scared1:

So we called Pastor Luther first since one of my friends who got married in Disney used him and loved him. Seriously sweetest person I think I have ever talked to on the phone. He used gosh, golly, and oh my more times than i can count...so cute. But alas he was booked for our date....:eek:

ON to choice number two...Reverend Knox. Now I had heard good and bad things about him but I went ahead and called anyway because he was the person I heard the most about. He was very sweet on the phone and had our date available :worship: so we were set! He sent over a 54 PAGE document on ceremonies that we could look at and we spent the past few days building our own. We are pretty easy going and I am super traditional when it comes to wedding ceremonies so that part was very easy. Although to be honest it was definitely an eye opener. The whole time i was thinking oh my gosh, i'm going to be saying these words for real in a little over six months! :bride:

Since I'm quitting my job and moving onto hopefully much greener pastures, I realized this was a good time to make use of that awesome color printer in the office. So I worked on the welcome packets that we will be using. Unfortunately I cannot show any of them just yet, but no worries. Pictures will be on their way soon :) I think we will be building the folders just to get things out of the way. One less thing to worry about!

We are both so excited for the Planning Session, I honestly can't wait!

More updates on the way, hope everyone is doing great!

YAY!! You are full of good news today!! Congratulations on the new job...that's great! I know how hard it can be at a job that sucks and you hate!!

Are you excited for your PS?? It is so much fun!! Can't wait to hear about it!

You are getting so close!!!! Hope everything works out great with the new job! What are you plans so far for the PS?

I know! I can't wait! I'm so excited. It's definitely doing exactly what I told Alex it would do...creeping up quickly!

It's going to be October before we know it and I honestly can't wait! Actually I can since there's still a lot to do but really its going to be so much fun! And I can't wait for the parents to just enjoy it instead of stressing over it

:surfweb: i'm joining in too, what a great PJ so far! You must be super excited for your PS. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

:surfweb: i'm joining in too, what a great PJ so far! You must be super excited for your PS. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Thank you so much! I really am getting so excited! I knew it would go by fast but it's going to be six months away soon! It's really hard to believe! I will definitely be posting a ton of planning session pictures don't you worry!

YAY!! You are full of good news today!! Congratulations on the new job...that's great! I know how hard it can be at a job that sucks and you hate!!

Are you excited for your PS?? It is so much fun!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Yes, jobs that do not make me happy are just really not okay with me but that's why we just move on right :thumbsup2

I can't wait for the PS! Seriously just going back to Disney makes me happy, so going there for Disney AND Wedding stuff just makes me want to dance :banana:

Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been completely swamped between house hunting, MY NEW JOB!, quitting my old job :thumbsup2, and the weeding. Seriously my dentist told me I was grinding my teeth from stress so that must mean something is going on ha

Anyhooo onto the wedding news!

Our Planning Session is in TWO WEEKS!!!! :banana::banana:
Honestly it came up so fast, I really don't know if I'm ready for it but that doesn't mean I'm not super excited for it! We are staying at the Pop Century which will be a welcome change considering we always seem to find ourselves at the All Star Resorts. The Session is scheduled for April 9th from 1-5pm. We won't be able to do a menu tasting since our reception is in the CA Grill however cake will be available which in my world makes up for it :)

We also were finishing our planning kit this past weekend when we thought...hmmm we haven't cemented our officiant yet....might want to do that :scared1:

So we called Pastor Luther first since one of my friends who got married in Disney used him and loved him. Seriously sweetest person I think I have ever talked to on the phone. He used gosh, golly, and oh my more times than i can count...so cute. But alas he was booked for our date....:eek:

ON to choice number two...Reverend Knox. Now I had heard good and bad things about him but I went ahead and called anyway because he was the person I heard the most about. He was very sweet on the phone and had our date available :worship: so we were set! He sent over a 54 PAGE document on ceremonies that we could look at and we spent the past few days building our own. We are pretty easy going and I am super traditional when it comes to wedding ceremonies so that part was very easy. Although to be honest it was definitely an eye opener. The whole time i was thinking oh my gosh, i'm going to be saying these words for real in a little over six months! :bride:

Since I'm quitting my job and moving onto hopefully much greener pastures, I realized this was a good time to make use of that awesome color printer in the office. So I worked on the welcome packets that we will be using. Unfortunately I cannot show any of them just yet, but no worries. Pictures will be on their way soon :) I think we will be building the folders just to get things out of the way. One less thing to worry about!

We are both so excited for the Planning Session, I honestly can't wait!

More updates on the way, hope everyone is doing great!

Yay for getting so much done! Can't wait to see the welcome packets, I think I want to make some too, so I would love to see pictures. I can't wait to hear all about your planning session! What are your plans to do while you are there, besides the wedding planning!?

Hey guys!

I've been working at my new job this week and going home sick on my second day of training...yuck :sick:

However, although I still am not eating (that could be good for the engagement photo diet if i was in control of it which i'm not) I am so excited because....

Our Planning Session is 1 week from tomorrow and we leave 1 week from today!!!!!

I can't believe it's so close! Alex and I are so excited for the time back at Disney. We look forward to all our trips but this one is extra special AND we get to use our gift from DFTW that arrived last week :) YAY!

Welcome packet pictures will be on their way soon as soon as I put one together that is :) here's what I think they will include though

Welcome Bag

Off white tote-with Pink Mickey Tag saying names-at least the tote will be reusable and on ebay we found some that were a dollar or so a piece.

Welcome folder-this will include everything i printed the other day :)
Mickey Rice Krispy Treats with pink and green sprinkles- Alex and I make these as they are our favorite thing to buy in the parks so tasty
bottles of water
chapsticks
anti-bacterial gel
kleenex

We have one little girl coming so i think i'm going to do something special for her, maybe a Cinderella crown and an autograph book in her own princess bag. It will be her first time at Disney World and I'm so excited for her! She's three :)

More updates on the way and TONS of pictures once we go to the PS

Talk to ya real soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!