1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Ashley and Alex- PROFESSIONAL PICS ARE FINALLY UP!

Discussion in 'Planning our Happily Ever After' started by DisneyDiva84, Jan 18, 2010.

1. DisneyDiva84

DisneyDiva84 Mouseketeer

So here we go! Reception time!

First of all, let me say that I did not worry about a single thing during my reception. Everything flowed so smoothly all I really got asked was what I wanted to drink when I arrived and if it was okay to bump up the couples dance infront of the garter/boquet toss hahah. Maxine was amazing I cannot say enough good things about her.

So moving on we arrived at the Contemporary around 11:20am. Walking through the lobby was such a neat experience. To see the look on everyone's faces I truly felt like a princess! I think it was the first time I realized that I really did get married in Disney haha. It was like a dream coming true. We went up in the elevator and were greeted by Maxine with a glass of wine and a bottle of beer (as promised lol) Maxine let us have a moment and then took our drinks to our table and we waited to be introduced by our FANTASTIC major domo.

A note on the major domo, I am so glad we got him! He was such a great addition to making our fairytale wedding a reality. It really completed the storybook theme I wanted and people are still talking about him :) For 600 dollars it was a great way to stay in budget but do something very disney :)

After the major domo introduced us and told us he'd have to retreat to the castle it was time for speeches!

Maid of Honor Speech
    [​IMG]

Best Man speech
    [​IMG]

The lunch was SOOOOOOOOooo good! Especially the ravioli appetizer. I know Alex and I ate a little light because were just so excited we didn't want to risk an upset stomach but I am happy to say I did try everything

My fantastic bridesmaids:
    [​IMG]

The coach centerpieces looked fantastic! I was so happy I went with them!
    [​IMG]

Then it was off to the party!

First dance as Man and Wife to "Beautiful" by Jim Brinkman and Wayne Brady
    [​IMG]

during our dance, the bridal party thought it would be fun to collect all the rose petals from the tables, when we finished they threw them all over us :rotfl:
    [​IMG]

I really loved our DJ Scott Mesina, at first we thought he was a little cheesy but he totally made our party a hit! We actually remember the cheesy parts as being the most fun

Dancing with my Grandpa
    [​IMG]

Posing with my DZ sisters who attended :)
    [​IMG]

Going for my Garter- Song "Tonight's gonna be a good night" black eyed peas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bouquet Toss- "Girls just wanna have fun"
    [​IMG]

Father daughter dance- Cinderella by Stephan Curtis Chapman (perfect song)
    [​IMG]

The CAKE!
    [​IMG]

The cake was fantastic! The almond cake and amaratto filling was the biggest hit of the day!

Our autograph frame! It's going in our bedroom as soon as the group shot is processed
    [​IMG]

last dance of the night- SHOUT but Scott (DJ) added Walking on Sunshine :)
    [​IMG]

All and all it was such a fantastic day and I loved the reception site. The only downside which later I really didn't care about because I danced barefoot the majority of the time was that we didn't have a dance floor which i thought we would. But honestly with everyone dancing it didn't matter :)

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Princess SarahK

Princess SarahK DIS Veteran

Ashley, everything looks so beautiful and perfect! And I cant believe it, me and DF will be dancing to "Beautiful" by Jim Brickman and Wayne Brady too!! I cant help but get giddy everytime I hear it! It gives me butterflies :lovestruc Cant wait to read more! SO glad youre back! :goodvibes

4. evey82

evey82 Earning My Ears

I've just found this report and have to say your pics are amazing. It looks like you had a fab holiday and wedding day, congratulations x

5. DisneyDiva84

DisneyDiva84 Mouseketeer

A side note on Disney photography

We have been waiting as you guys now for going on two months for our photos to arrive. Yesterday, I had to go out of my way because they put the wrong address on the box! So I had to drive about 30 minutes to go pick up the photos. When I opened the box and put in our cd it was the worst quality I have ever seen! We had found out our cd was low resolution a few weeks ago but thought okay, it can't be that tragic. It was worse than looking at the website, I couldn't use any of them :guilty:

On Disney's behalf a low resolution cd was in our BEO however we were never fully explained what that meant let alone offered the higher 1K cd which would have been high resolution. We actually were just told we were getting a cd

Disney has three cd's that you can purchase in addition to your package cost for Wishes Weddings

1. Low Res- 100.00 exactly like viewing your proof book online
    2. High Res- 1,000.00 can print up to 8x10's
    3. Preservation Disc- 1,200.00 can print up to 30x40

Honestly when we went in I explained to Maxine that we just wanted our photos to use and print as needed and we didn't actually need an album as we'd be making that ourselves, she said the cd was 100.00 we didn't question it.

I was so upset when I saw the photos i had been waiting weeks for that I could barely hold it together. I wrote Disney explaining that after everything that we had planned we had actually been blown away by how economical disney made it for us up till this point. Not to mention we thought we had been totally decieved.

Dara, from the wedding photo department called me right away and thankfully took the price of the preservation disc down to 650.00 along with crediting us for the 100.00 cd.

It was great having them respond that way however just wanted to warn you guys. Honestly they really should have a photo rep meet with us on the planning session because it was just totally stressful knowing that they knew we had to get the photos and how much they overcharged us for them. At the end of the day we paid 650.00 for a CD....in addition the photos come off the camera as high resolution so they actually have to work to take it down to low...its just a shame

Sorry for the venting but I definitely thought this should be given as a warning just in case you guys go through this

ON a brighter note, this is one photo we did manage to capture off the internet :) heheheh

[​IMG]

6. DisneyDiva84

DisneyDiva84 Mouseketeer

I LOVE THAT SONG! hehe i highly recommend it to anyone! thanks :)

Thank you! It really was perfection :cloud9: I couldn't have asked for a better day :)

7. tinkerbell 766

tinkerbell 766 <font color=purple>If I can't fly, let me sing. Or

Oh dear, yet more bad press for DPS!! It seems to be an ongoing problem!! :sad2:

8. *Pixiedust1438*

*Pixiedust1438* DIS Veteran

Your reception looked great! I love that last picture of you guys over Bay Lake. Sorry to hear about the photo issues.

9. DisneyDiva84

DisneyDiva84 Mouseketeer

Professional Pictures have finally arrived! I am so sorry this has taken so long to finish! But here they are! All photos are Randy Chapman minus the ones at EPCOT which were done by Chris with Disney Photography:) ENJOY

Celebrating in true Disney Bride Fashion
    [​IMG]

My bouquet and my something blue
    [​IMG]

Bridesmaids getting ready
    [​IMG]

Getting into my dress
    [​IMG]

Trying to breathe!
    http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Disneydiva84/Wedding Professional/thoughts.jpg?t=1292079850

After seeing my dad for the first time
    [​IMG]

The big moment
    [​IMG]

Ceremony location
    [​IMG]

Uh where are the rings Jake?
    [​IMG]

Ummmm....
    [​IMG]

Feeling like a princess
    [​IMG]

Apologizing to the best man
    [​IMG]

Rings!
    [​IMG]

My grandma reading
    [​IMG]

You may kiss the bride
    [​IMG]

Finally married
    [​IMG]

10. DisneyDiva84

DisneyDiva84 Mouseketeer

Our wonderful family and friends
    [​IMG]

The boys
    [​IMG]

Man and Wife
    [​IMG]

Bridal Party at Italy-so glad I chose this venue
    [​IMG]

Oh no not kissing again
    [​IMG]

my wonderful girls
    [​IMG]

yay
    [​IMG]

Bridal portrait
    [​IMG]

The ball
    [​IMG]

Sunset Point- side note: If you want to shoot photos in a disney ceremony location with your non-disney photographer make sure you clear it with the wedding planner during your PS because there may be another ceremony going on. We were lucky because our ceremony was over by 10 so places were pretty empty :)
    [​IMG]

Polynesian-these next two are really two of my very favorites of the day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hidden mickey on the cake!
    [​IMG]

Couples Dance
    [​IMG]

Dad being Dad
    [​IMG]

looking out over our favorite place in the world
    [​IMG]

Rings
    [​IMG]

It really was such a spectacular day I couldn't have asked for anything more. I hope everyone's day goes just as smoothly and truely is the moment your dreams come true :)

11. JuliBells

JuliBells Earning My Ears

Absolutely Beautiful!!! :lovestruc

12. Deb loves Disney

Deb loves Disney Keep Moving Forward

I love your photos! :love:

We had our reception in the same location. Weren't the staff amazing? Oh, and the food was too....I was too giddy to hardly eat anything, but I managed to eat the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli and the Cheesecake. :goodvibes

13. irishwishes

irishwishes Mouseketeer

Your pictures are so beautiful!!!

14. sw33t_angel

sw33t_angel DIS Veteran

LOVE this picture!! Adorable! Your pictures came out wonderful! You were truly a stunning bride!!!:goodvibes CONGRATS!!

15. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you had to wait so long for your photos, but they are beautiful!! :goodvibes

16. puente0629

puente0629 DIS Veteran

Your pics look great and you look beautiful!! Congrats!!! Can't wait to see morepopcorn::

17. schallerb

schallerb Earning My Ears

Your day looks amazing. Italy seems like the perfect ceremony location, i love it! and of course, you look like a beautiful princess! congrats!!!

18. *Pixiedust1438*

*Pixiedust1438* DIS Veteran

They were worth the wait, they turned out beautiful!

19. Princess SarahK

Princess SarahK DIS Veteran

Ashley, these are truly stunning! I hope our wedding is as beautiful as yours turned out! Congratulations again!!

20. SheriBerry

SheriBerry Mouseketeer

Beautiful pictures, Ashley! Everything looked amazing!

21. mjshorses

mjshorses Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by

Absolutely beautiful, all of your pics, Disney's and Randys!