Ashley and Alex- PROFESSIONAL PICS ARE FINALLY UP!

What an awesome engagement story! I was there too but all the way back in corral h. Congratulations!!

And yay for another October bride! I can't wait to read more about your plans. Do you mind if I ask you want day you guys are hoping for? Or do you not want to jinx it?

THE RING

So I apologize this picture is very blury, we must have tried a gazillion times to get a picture that showed how sparkly the ring really is, darn you apartment lighting :mad:

Ring.jpg

The center stone was my great grandmothers and was handed down to me when she passed in 2000. It was part of a necklace and I honestly never really wore it because I didn't trust that it would be safe. So it just sat in this box under my bed (for safety). My mom actually came up with the idea of using it my ring. Alex did a perfect job of picking a setting that fits with the look of the stone and I couldn't be happier. I love things that have a story behind them :goodvibes

Home for Wedding Planning! [/COLOR]

I am so excited, I finally get to go home for some wedding planning! Not to mention getting a chance to go over everything with my parents one on one. I think my excited phone calls might have been a tad overwhelming :scared: But they are happy and excited just want to get on the same page.

We are also going dress shopping! :cool1: My Maid of Honor (best friend in universe) will be there as well as my Grandma, and my mom! It's going to be a lot of fun. We are going to a boutique first then to David's Bridal. The boutique sells Maggie Soterro which are actually right in my price range so fingers crossed i like the fit. They look beautiful online, has anyone ever bought one? How did you like it?

Then its off to David's Bridal to try on more gowns and place about 40 or so in my MOH's dressing room for her to try because i have no clue what to put them in:confused3

It's going to be a fun but crazy weekend and i can't wait. Lets just hope the train from Chicago to STL isn't delayed :scared: that would be a little unfortunate

I'll let you know how it goes!

Home in STL Recap!!

Wow what a weekend! Now I need to catch everyone up:surfweb:

First up: Photography
Since we are getting married in Italy, we have to use Disney Photography for the ceremony. Thankfully, they are offering a ceremony only package which although is only 100 dollars less than my awesome all-day photographer is still a deal. So for three hours my AMAZING photographer gets to take a break but for the rest of the day...RANDY CHAPMAN will be snapping away! I am so excited he had my date available and BONUS he might be able to do our Engagement session WOOO HOOO :banana:

Make-up/Hair
So I've done my homework and everyone and their mom seems to love Patricia Lejeune, who thankfully had my date open as well :yay: So we are booked with her as well for bridesmaids hair and my make up and hair, including trial run!

So here we go BRIDESMAID DRESS!!!

th_bridesmaid.jpg

My poor wonderful MOH had to literally try on a BILLION dresses at Davids bridal before we found this one. She walked out and I literally took one look and said DONE! This was considered a joke but I was serious. Its a dress that I would pick out for myself if I had the chance so why not??? I love it! NOTE it will be in CLOVER not Orange :goodvibes

It's chiffon with the two straps hanging down the back...love it! And i think it will look spectacular next to my dress! YES i said DRESS :thumbsup2

So without further ado....

The Front

Dress.jpg

The back

Back.jpg

If you couldn't tell i had a massive debate with myself whether or not to post a pic of my head on the dress...so here we go :wizard: I want to make sure i get a picture with my bridesmaids and I sitting so i tried it out :) Plus I am a huge fan of you guessed it...Cinderella and always loved how her dress poofs out in the parks when she sat down...yeah i'm a big kid in grown up pretty dresses so be it :)

Sitting.jpg

I truly love the dress and funny thing is had i picked it out of the catalog i would have never tried it on! The catalog does it no justice, in fact I hate to say but it kind of looks bad...shame on Davids but I still love them. The best part about the dress is that its princessy without being too over the top...and when the sunlight hits the bottom the dress sparkles from all the clear sequins and designs that you can't really see so its almost like magic :wizard:

LOVE IT

Your dress is so pretty!

Thank you so much, I am a big fan of it :) Literally I never believed anyone when they said you cant judge a dress on the hanger but now I can say that I am. Its so gorgeous on, it literally reminds me of the little girl dresses in the parks with the designs on the bottom!

Thank you so much, I am a big fan of it :) Literally I never believed anyone when they said you cant judge a dress on the hanger but now I can say that I am. Its so gorgeous on, it literally reminds me of the little girl dresses in the parks with the designs on the bottom!

That happened to me with my prom dress, actually. It was black and had this white insert in the center of the front and a silver brooch, and I didn't like it when I looked at it on the hanger, but it looked awesome on me, so I got it.

But yeah, you definitely look like a princess in it :) Yay! princess:

I am just way too impatient plus I am a terrible secret keeper when I'm excited about it. We are making our initial deposit on Friday and honestly I have my Dad's credit card on the form so we are pretty much set. Oh that and our planning session is in the works

Geez stop convincing yourself lol...

OUR DATE!

We will be getting married on October 10th 2010 (10.10.10 yay) at 9am at Italy in Epcot!

Our reception will follow with lunch in the Napa Room at CA Grill and Dancing in the Sonoma Room​

AND I CANNOT WAIT!!!! :goodvibes

Yay for getting your date! SoOoOo exciting! I hope your wedding is filled with lots of pixie dust!pixiedust:
I can't wait to hear about your planning session!

Planning Session!

So we booked our Planning Session! It feels so much better to know that everything is booked and I don't have to worry about getting everything lined up!

Our planning session is April 9th from 1-5pm! So the schedule should go something like this

Thursday: Fly in
Friday: Parks in the morning
Planning Session 1-5pm
Parks for a nightime show
Saturday: Parks
Sunday: Hair/Make-Up trial with Patricia LeJeune 11 am
Engagement Shots with Randy Chapman 2:15 :cool1:
Monday: Fly out

Note about the flights just because I think its crazy unlucky

I earned a free flight on American at work due to performing a very impromptu
Julia Childs impression in front of my entire Corporate Home office (that is another story:laughing:) and at the same time I got a free flight on my Southwest Visa YAY two free flights, one for the planning session and one for the honeymoon!

You would think....

Turns out for the Planning Session not only do they not have my date for the American Airlines flight available but Southwest doesn't either (at least not for my time) So i had to end up taking the day off work to get my free flight to work on Southwest. The lady trying to book my flight from work was like "oh you need Thursday to Monday...I can get you Wednesday to the following Wednesday" To which I replied "no thanks I need my ACTUAL days" lol craziness i tell you :surfweb:

lol and they say free flights are a good thing :scared: I was so crazed at work it was just not even funny ha!

Sorry to hear about the flight mess... it seems like there's always issues with stuff like that. Plans for the PS sound great so far. It will be nice to do a hair and make-up trial and have a chance to meet Randy and get some pic's.

Sorry! Oh my it's been a long time!

I've been a little busy, Alex has been out of town so I've been working on developing a work out plan consisting of a little heat yoga...though why i do it I have no clue :confused3

Big news, Alex and I are going to start house hunting! Even though we hate the cold we both agree that quitting our jobs to move to sunny weather is just not worth it in this economy ;)

So a house hunting we will go! We have an appoitment this Sunday. I am actually a little excited about it not going to lie :)

AND I picked out a gift for my Dear Dad!

th_CL-0060_Harley_Davidson_Cufflinks_2.jpg

He loves Harley's and actually has one so I figured what better gift to give him then cufflinks to wear the day he walks me down the aisle? I'm going to give them to him right after he sees me the day of. I think he will love them and BONUS they were 150.00 on the site and only 10.00 on EBAY!! Lets just hope they send them to me :rolleyes1

But i love them anyway

More to come! Back to the Olympics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!