As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I've never posted in this thread before but I'm pretty sure I belong here! lol

Booked our Anniversary vacation back in March and since then to date I have changed resorts 7 times! haha I'm pretty sure this last one has stuck and I won't change my mind again but until we leave in July you never know what is going to happen.
Glad to see I"m not the only one who can't seem to make up her mind

It has been FOREVER since I've popped in. My apologies. 48 days until our epic summer trip! We are back at BWI CL (I wasn't sure if we were still at Poly last I posted) and I have Portofino and Hard Rock booked for our Universal portion. Welcome to the all the new RC friends!
Our poor TA hates me I'm sure :) we've flipped from CBR to POFQ to RR at POR back to Caribbean. I really love the idea of POFQ because it's small but don't like the decor in the rooms, looks loke it needs a refurb when compared t CBR. But CBR is huge so I requested Jamaica or Aruba. Now I'm second guessing about switching back to POFQ I really like the extras it has but HATE the rooms, seriously. Help!
I'm with you on the rooms, however sometimes it's different being there. When I stayed at BWI I was not in love with the décor but being there I adored it!

Mh. What do you hate about the PoFQ rooms? I think the french quarter and Riverside both look lovely! <3 There some really awesome pictures on the dis on those places!

How much time do you plan to spend on the outside of your resort? Eating/pool time/activities.. vs how much time you may want for "down time" inside your actual room?

Do you feel like you'll stay more on property? Or are you going to only come back to your hotel to rest your head?

If you're just going to lay down to sleep or you plan on a good portion of down time , I'd say pick the place where you like the room. If things like a theme pool or food options do it for it, I'd say pick the one with those.

Good luck!
I would book also on the resort and amenities more so than the room. It's also like booking a view....I love a balcony, however I am hardly sitting on it looking out. Maybe sipping a coffee or some wine, but even then I'd rather save $100/nt (or more) and have CL

I thought they kind of looked dated. I ended up switching to POFQ because the small size, boat DS and the "feel" seem more like what my family would enjoy. I figure as long as the room is clean and beds are comfy, it's fine
This is spot on how I would look at it. You'll love it.

Yes,I believe that this is the standard procedure since the two reservation systems are different. We changed from a room only reservation to a package back in Jan 2013 and they refunded whatever we had paid for the room only and placed a new charge on our credit card for the package. I made the transaction during one billing cycle on my credit card, so it didn't make a big difference to me. And it only took about five days for the credit to appear in my credit card account.
Thank you Sue for posting since I've been MIA here.

I originally booked at the Boardwalk because that was all that I could get for our dates with the free dining offer. Then I found availability at YC which we love so I switched. Yesterday I was considering changing to the GF because we have never stayed there and my hubby is in love with it. This morning I was checking for BOG lunch reservations when I realized that there was actually a garden wing room available at the CR for our dates. Now I have reservations for YC and CR because I can't make up my mind. We are taking my teen and one of her BFFs, last time we did this the girls loved walking in and out of MK all the time. Plus the bigger room was great with 2 teenage girls and all their stuff. I asked my teen to help me pick and she also can't make up her mind between those two resorts
I would totally do YC, but I've been an EPCOT resort convert. The girls can walk to WS, my DS15 loves WS! It's not MK, but it's really cool. And SAB can't be beat. Strolling the BW and also walking to DHS either resort...WIN but honestly I'd pick the Grand over CR and GF has a cool pool area

Yay!
I think it depends. What park do you plan on spending the most time at? if MK is a fave, CR hands down. If epcot/HS then YC.
If they are both split.. Do you think the your teen and her BFF will want to spend any time at the pool? YC has one of the best and I think the highest water slide of any of the resorts! So that's a bonus.

I saw BC and YC villas open up this morning.. a 1 bedroom, no less. I am still torn if we should switch.. but that's based on the pool alone!!
LOVE SAB!

Last time that we went and stayed at CR the girls spent almost no time at the pool but it is a pretty boring pool. They did walk in to MK by themselves all the time, they raced over after dinner at CG one night and went on Space Mountain a bunch of times in a row right before the park closed. My friends new BFF is hanging out with her today after their finals and I'm telling them to debate between the two resorts to help me decide. My hubby is going to kill me for booking two reservations at once but I couldn't pass up a garden wing room at CR, they are hardly ever available to book. I should probably get my hubby's opinion on the resorts too, he definitely liked YC a lot but I'm thinking that he might have actually preferred CR. He likes to nap at the pool and SAB is awfully chaotic.
DH could nap at one of the quiet pools ;)

Booked our Anniversary vacation back in March and since then to date I have changed resorts 7 times! haha I'm pretty sure this last one has stuck and I won't change my mind again but until we leave in July you never know what is going to happen.
I will not even admit to how many changes I've made...okay enough to where I've sent my TA a bottle of wine.... We will be there right after you! Stay strong!!! Availability for July is getting tight!

Well my teen can't decide between YC and CR but my hubby surprised me when I asked him by saying that he likes YC because they have better pools and hot tubs then CR. So I think I'm going to cancel my second reservation for CR garden wing and stay with YC. Unless I see something for free dining at the Poly during our dates, I have been dying to stay at the Poly :rotfl2:

I've changed a twice in just a few days. First went from OKW to WLV to Poly Villas then onto BWV. Just had some second thoughts about those Poly Studios. I didn't want to end up in a Poly first floor room or near construction at WLV so I decided to change to BWV 1 BR. Stayed there many times and never had a bad room. Besides I scored a Boardwalk view! Now if only my wait list for a BWV Boardwalk view Studio would come through! :hyper: So now I have a split stay between OKW, POR and BWV but of course split stays are for another thread. :tongue:

Last edited:
After much persistence (yes, I checked every day, several times a day for a few months), I FINALLY got lucky last night and was able to secure a discounted studio room at the Beach Club Villas for part of our October stay. I swear my fingers couldn't type fast enough the minute I saw it available. We'll now be splitting our time between CSR business class and the Beach Club Villas... food & wine, here we come :dance3:.

Well cancelled my extra reservation for the CR garden wing because my hubby and teen surprised me by telling me that they would rather go back to YC again. Now if something opens up at the Poly during our time frame I might have to reconsider again.

After much persistence (yes, I checked every day, several times a day for a few months), I FINALLY got lucky last night and was able to secure a discounted studio room at the Beach Club Villas for part of our October stay. I swear my fingers couldn't type fast enough the minute I saw it available. We'll now be splitting our time between CSR business class and the Beach Club Villas... food & wine, here we come :dance3:.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello to my resort changer friends! My DH and I have a no kids trip coming up at the end of September and we are renting points for a week at the Poly, so excited! My DH is really excited because I can't change my mind about that one :rolleyes1 now ADR's for that trip are an entirely different story!

We have also decided to go back to DW the first week in December with our youngest, DD8, and will be doing a split stay between POR royal room and BWV renting points. I've only changed once surprise, surprise from POFQ to the POR royal room. But my son and I just got back from DW staying at the CR ( awesome stay BTW) and we visited the WL and I fell in love......:sad2: It's probably a good thing that the WL is quite a price hike from POR and there are no rooms available with my pin code offer or I'd be changing in a millisecond!:rotfl:

Of course it won't stop me from looking ......:scratchin

And I thought we had settled our resort choice! Ugh, we are now switched again because DH doesn't want to be at POFQ while the refurb is going on. Here's to hoping we like CBR

So sorry it has been so long since posting. Yesterday was the last day of school for us....FINALLY! I am switching schools so I had to pack up my entire classroom. Any teacher knows how difficult that was....we are all hoarders. We have decided to add an additional night on the front end of our trip. I needed to choose a room for one night since we are arriving late at night. Which one of the All Stars or value resorts would you suggest.....I've already changed from movies to music.....not sure why...but... We really don't need a reason why do we?

So sorry it has been so long since posting. Yesterday was the last day of school for us....FINALLY! I am switching schools so I had to pack up my entire classroom. Any teacher knows how difficult that was....we are all hoarders. We have decided to add an additional night on the front end of our trip. I needed to choose a room for one night since we are arriving late at night. Which one of the All Stars or value resorts would you suggest.....I've already changed from movies to music.....not sure why...but... We really don't need a reason why do we?
Yay for summer!! My kiddos finished on Friday as well. My vote is for Sports probably because it's the first WDW resort I've stayed at ever. It also feels smaller than the other two. I do like movies too since I stayed there with my hubby as our first family WDW trip. My favorite value is Pop for sure. The benefit is the food court in the morning it can get busy but I love me some Mickey waffles!!!

I definitely belong in this thread. My TA told me I was nuts this morning because we leave on Wednesday and I just changed our resort AGAIN. I think she was kidding? I booked the trip 2 months out and started at AsMu. Then we switched to CSR. Then back to AsMu. Then to BC. Then back to CSR. Then to AKL. Then to POFQ. And now back to AKL. I can't change again. My husband and TA will kill me LOL

I definitely belong in this thread. My TA told me I was nuts this morning because we leave on Wednesday and I just changed our resort AGAIN. I think she was kidding? I booked the trip 2 months out and started at AsMu. Then we switched to CSR. Then back to AsMu. Then to BC. Then back to CSR. Then to AKL. Then to POFQ. And now back to AKL. I can't change again. My husband and TA will kill me LOL
I hope we do not have the same TA...LOL AKL sounds perfect, although I am a HUGE BC fan ;) Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks Pas. I was thinking that Sports may be a bit crowded with teams or cheerleaders. I've heard horror stories. I tried to get to Pop Century. That was our 1st Resort. Couldn't get a room....may try again....
Currently looking for comfortable shoes. How I wish that Sketchers hadn't pulled those Shape Up sandals. They were THE BEST!! Any suggestions?

Heyyyyy!!! I just noticed that your ticker is just a few days after mine and we will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary at the same time!! AND.....at the same resort! That is, if we both resist the urge to switch before our trips.... Happy Anniversary to you and your DH. :earsgirl::earsboy:

Thanks Pas. I was thinking that Sports may be a bit crowded with teams or cheerleaders. I've heard horror stories. I tried to get to Pop Century. That was our 1st Resort. Couldn't get a room....may try again....
Currently looking for comfortable shoes. How I wish that Sketchers hadn't pulled those Shape Up sandals. They were THE BEST!! Any suggestions?
I think summer is safe regarding sport events but it is "tour group season" I'm curious about the comfy shoes too since I've got a lovely non-healing plantar faciitis tootsie :( I love your generic ticker BTW ;)

This thread may help you with shoes. Or help empty your purse.http://www.disboards.com/threads/how-is-the-dis-bankrupting-you.3496137/

I think I might belong here...
I actually haven't been to WDW since 2010, but am currently planning a trip for November of this year (finally!!)
As usual, I'm not entirely happy with my resort and thinking about changing. But I can't decide what to do... I currently am booked at POR with a UOC, although I really don't feel like it's that great of a deal.
Thinking about switching to POFQ with the code, which would save me ~$80 OR switching to BWI with the code, which would be ~$400 more. But it's somewhere I've really wanted to stay...
OR CSR Business Class for about $250 more. This one is rack rate, so I could always cross my fingers that a promo code for November would come out and those rooms would be included. ;)
Ugh...I always do this...I don't think I've ever stayed in the first hotel that I book and then I'm always second guessing my choice!!

How is everyone doing??? Just checking in - it's been awhile I think!!!

I am not so patiently waiting to be able to book our 2017 trip. Looking at 10 nights Poly CL!!!! :cloud9:

But, I am keeping every body part crossed for the "magical" deal to come forward so I can book, hoping by end of August or so...:hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter