As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Hope you are enjoying it!!! :)
Yes! It's been great. We did get rained out of typhoon lagoon today though! It was sunny when we left. I figured there would be the usual afternoon shower. But today T-Storm moved in fast. Got to do one slide, Slush & Gusher and that's it. Lightening & rain started. We had lounges under an umbrella so huddled under that awhile. Thinking it wouldn't last long. But gave up waiting after an hour! We did get a rain check to use within the next 2 yrs. so if Erika becomes a hurricane here and we don't get to go back to water park at least we have next year to use it.

I'm baaaack!!!:wave2:

DD and I had such lovely trips this year. WL cl and Gf cl:cloud9:

However our AP's expire 1/18/16 so I wanted to sneak in one last trip BUT we are going to Disneyland at the DH in March for her 21st!(how is she that old??)

SO, 2 bffs wanted to tag along. They are buying their own airfare and park tickets and most food(sure ill buy meals and stuff along the way) and I am paying for the room. So me, dd20, bff20, bff21. 4 women in one room!!! :eek:

So now the changing begins! I have BLT 2 br in case Dh and ds decide to come along booked. Then today I also booked AoA with my ebates cash back, Orbitz 15% and $54.53 credit I had in case they don't! I am thinking I could handle a value again since it is new to us. I love the idea of my own sleeping/bath area for when the girls stay up late.::yes::

However! When winter discount/visa discount/AP discounts come out I wouldn't mind a CR garden room( the toilet is at least in its own room), or WL cl, or Poly GV or CSR BC. OR........:rolleyes:

So now the waiting and watching begins! Been there? RIGHT?:duck:

Seriously considering seeing if I can switch hotels for December stay. I have a deal so room availability at an alternative resort will play a part.

I know the Poly fans say it is fine, and I do want to try a new resort, but I am very unhappy that refurb or not, the monorail they supposedly charge extra for barely gets you to a regular Epcot rope drop and never to an emh morning at Epcot. With refurb it is supposedly hit or miss how you can get to MK or Ep for rope drop. I really don't want the stress or hassel for my 9 day stay (6 of which will be impacted by this issue).

The TA also offered BC, assuming any rooms are left. I like the idea of having solid transportation options with no guessin if the boat is running early or not. Not thrilled about 9 mornings of limited breakfast options (would it kill BCM to offer french toast sticks or mickey waffles).

I don't know what to do.
What about WL? I found the bus to/from MK to be faster than the boats or monorail. Very quick!!

They are doing construction though but it depends on what you do. The building and lobby are all good. The main pool is fine as well.

Cr garden view is nice because you can walk. We love that option!

Good luck deciding, its not easy!

What about WL? I found the bus to/from MK to be faster than the boats or monorail. Very quick!!

They are doing construction though but it depends on what you do. The building and lobby are all good. The main pool is fine as well.

Cr garden view is nice because you can walk. We love that option!

Good luck deciding, its not easy!

I wound up sticking with Poly. I have a magical deal so I am limited to resorts they offer and that still have rooms open for my deal dates. BC was full so it was Poly or BW. As I am staying at BW in April I chose not to repeat. Hopefully not a choice I regret in December. WL is one I would like to try one day.

I wound up sticking with Poly. I have a magical deal so I am limited to resorts they offer and that still have rooms open for my deal dates. BC was full so it was Poly or BW. As I am staying at BW in April I chose not to repeat. Hopefully not a choice I regret in December. WL is one I would like to try one day.
I am one of the "didn't mind construction at Poly people"! I took my mom for her first trip in November '14 and other than a little extra walking to the boat and the center lobby boarded up all else was good.

The view from the beach is one of my favorite Disney things:)

I wouldn't worry! I was just at gf and ate at Kona twice on my trip. It looks great now! It's amazing how many people are in the lobby now that there is seating:)

Also the pool area looks more open.

The noise now is just at the small pool which mostly impacts the dvc rooms.

You will have an amazing time!

I'm baaaack!!!:wave2:

DD and I had such lovely trips this year. WL cl and Gf cl:cloud9:

However our AP's expire 1/18/16 so I wanted to sneak in one last trip BUT we are going to Disneyland at the DH in March for her 21st!(how is she that old??)

SO, 2 bffs wanted to tag along. They are buying their own airfare and park tickets and most food(sure ill buy meals and stuff along the way) and I am paying for the room. So me, dd20, bff20, bff21. 4 women in one room!!! :eek:

So now the changing begins! I have BLT 2 br in case Dh and ds decide to come along booked. Then today I also booked AoA with my ebates cash back, Orbitz 15% and $54.53 credit I had in case they don't! I am thinking I could handle a value again since it is new to us. I love the idea of my own sleeping/bath area for when the girls stay up late.::yes::

However! When winter discount/visa discount/AP discounts come out I wouldn't mind a CR garden room( the toilet is at least in its own room), or WL cl, or Poly GV or CSR BC. OR........:rolleyes:

So now the waiting and watching begins! Been there? RIGHT?:duck:
Have fun planning! I'm sure going to miss our January wdw trip this year. Work gets in the way this year :-(.
And Saturday we have to leave wdw! DD is in denial! Blizzard Beach & DTD today!

I've been attempting to post and reply for like a week now. I'm so horribly behind. The kids started school yesterday, where did summer go? Beach Club was INCREDIBLE! It far surpassed any other resort we've stayed in customer service wise. That said, I've booked a short trip in December with my DMIL and the kids (except DS14 who doesn't want to miss school) we are at BWI. I really want to switch to WL, but my TA doesn't think we'd be happy there with the construction. She's probably right, BUT WL at Christmas??? You know I'll be off looking at pics today. Happy ch-ch-changing my friends!

Have fun planning! I'm sure going to miss our January wdw trip this year. Work gets in the way this year :-(.
And Saturday we have to leave wdw! DD is in denial! Blizzard Beach & DTD today!
I love the water parks! Text me more pix if you want.

Hope you girls have a great ending for your trip:flower1:

I've been attempting to post and reply for like a week now. I'm so horribly behind. The kids started school yesterday, where did summer go? Beach Club was INCREDIBLE! It far surpassed any other resort we've stayed in customer service wise. That said, I've booked a short trip in December with my DMIL and the kids (except DS14 who doesn't want to miss school) we are at BWI. I really want to switch to WL, but my TA doesn't think we'd be happy there with the construction. She's probably right, BUT WL at Christmas??? You know I'll be off looking at pics today. Happy ch-ch-changing my friends!
I am one of the few that doesn't care about construction. Wl is amazing at the holidays and i love being close to MK. The beach and quiet pool is what is getting worked on, isn't it? How much would you use those????

Anyways BWI is on my bucket list!

Looking forward to pix Jeanette!

I am one of the few that doesn't care about construction. Wl is amazing at the holidays and i love being close to MK. The beach and quiet pool is what is getting worked on, isn't it? How much would you use those????

I totally hate construction but the WL lobby and the fact we aren't swimming....even if we were swimming my DD wouldn't do the clown pool at Bwi ;) however those deluxe WL rooms would face construction right? Decisions.....

I never posted pictures here did I
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I love the water parks! Text me more pix if you want.

Hope you girls have a great ending for your trip:flower1:

Trish, they're building lakefront bungalows at WL . Construction will be horrible I think. Hate that they're putting bungalows in and ruining the lakefront.
Still love Poly but don't like that the bungalows took away the beautiful beaches & views.
At Seattle hotel now. Driving home in the morning. Already missing WDW!

image.jpg
And the first change for December..........from BWI to Sugarloaf :)
Pm me with any q's . We love, love loved it!

After 2 courtyard rooms we finally got the marina side and I would recommend requesting that.

The beach pool was fun but the courtyard pool is so convenient and fun with the fountains too!

I'd stick with it!!!

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter