As I was standing in line at DHS...

If they don't do Star Wars simultaneously they can't milk it for cash like they've done Frozen. We need a Galactic Getaway Summer and Booooo-bacca Halloween party to get the money flowing.

Why can't they start both projects? I think it's a given that Pixar opens first but why can't you have two projects running simultaneously? The project will most definitely be done in phases with it finishing around 2021 give or take a year.

DHS is getting 2.8 billion not 2.5. DHS has never really had a lot of rides. The park was built to be a working studio and we all know that didn't pan out. First phase in 6 years?!? That's crazy slow even by Disney standards. Pixar is likely to be done in 2018. These are kiddie rides not 6 new E tickets. I really don't see why you don't think they can have this done by 2021? Disney used to build parks in two years. DCA redo was done in 3. When money is there Disney can build things faster and the money is there.
"used to" is the concerning phrase. Disney has been dragging its heels so much lately that it's hard to be positive.

The comparison to the Avatar timeline isn't very good. Avatar was announced before any design work has been done. The design work takes at least 2 years. I can tell you right now they were working on design work as far back as 2013, which already puts it 2 years ahead of the avatar announcement.

I would be very surprised if the expansion is NOT completely done for the 50th anniversary, so I would expect it to wrap up sometime in 2020, which is still 5 years from now. I know it's not impossible for Disney to drag these things out, but my take is they will want to push this a little faster seeing as its Star Wars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter