As God is My Witness, I'll Never be Hungry Again - Finished w/lots of pics!!

obolshoi said:
if they didn't eat their meat they wouldn't get any pudding.
How can you have any pudding if you you don't eat your meat? :rotfl2:

obolshoi said:
What is my mom getting for Christmas from Jason and me? A Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.
May I suggest Tony Luke's. Don't even mess around with Pat's King of Steaks or Geno's. Tony Luke's is the best. They have good roast pork sandwiches too.

Still loving the review. Oooh, me so hungry.

grumpydude said:
How can you have any pudding if you you don't eat your meat? :rotfl2:

It's a dining paradox, isn't it? :teeth:

The burning question in my house tonight is this: Does Tony Luke's offer a hot roast beef smoothie? :lmao:

I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying your reviews!!! Great writing and of course, great pics!! Looking forward to reading more.

Sincerely,

a fellow St. Louisan.

also,

Jason and I amused ourselves during the wait by watching my mom's lips grow thinner and thinner while she heaved her shoulders with dramatic, long-suffering sighs punctuated with occassional eye-rolling. We don't have children but I think my mother became the oldest living teenager ever that night.

I'm thinking we may have the same mother, or at least, due to our close proximity, possibly they are sisters?? :teeth:

And just a suggestion----wrap the cheesesteak as close to Christmas as possible as to not soggy the pretty paper. Hope she likes!! :thumbsup2 :smokin:

Brenda,

I decided that if you can purchase a Philly Cheesesteak at the Earl of Sandwich at DMP I'll go personally and pick it up for you. That way I can get my fix on their Jerk Chicken Sandwich. I had to giggle at your comment about your mom's Christmas gift. My kids went to WDW this past August and tried to come up with a way of getting one of those sandwiches home to me. They asked what they could bring back for me from their trip and since they couldn't bring me the "Disney Magic" I told them that I wanted one of those sandwiches. They tried really hard too.

Sweet kids huh? Sweeter if they would've succeeded!! ;)

A fellow STL-metropolitan DISer!! Nice to cyber-meet you and thanks for stopping by.

And thanks to everyone again for your comments - I'll take your cheesesteak suggestions under advisement. :teeth:

Nancy - you just need to realize that you have great kids. And....did you get your postcard yet?

I just wanted to jump in and say how much I'm enjoying your reviews so far (and looking forward to the trip report!). I'll be there during F&WF next year (if all goes as planned) so I'm living vicariously! Thanks, and keep up the good work!

If mom wants good Philly cheesesteaks she has to go to PHILLY, more precisely Pat's on East Pasyunk...not WDW!

oybolshoi said:

Nancy - you just need to realize that you have great kids. And....did you get your postcard yet?

Nope, no postcard yet. And, Yup, I do have good kids don't I? While I was pregnant with both of them I prayed that God would give me broad shoulders to carry the weight of raising kids. Instead He gave me broad hips!! Who says He doesn't have a sense of humor?

:teeth:

That's just weird...I mailed all of them at the same time and Jason's parents got theirs last week.

I swear I sent you one... a special feel the J&B vacation luv missive.

Where is it? :confused3

I bet my mom contaminated it with some anti-postage vibe. :teeth:

cntkg1 said:
Nope, no postcard yet. And, Yup, I do have good kids don't I? While I was pregnant with both of them I prayed that God would give me broad shoulders to carry the weight of raising kids. Instead He gave me broad hips!! Who says He doesn't have a sense of humor?

:teeth:

I just went through and read all your reviews. They are great! Good for you for sticking up for yourself at the F+W event. I'm looking forward to reading about V+A's, as I have not been there in a few years.

Subscribing to your thread, Brenda!!!

This is, bar none, one of the (if not *the*) BESTEST food report EVAH!! I'm killing myself laughing at your descriptions of what happened... Please, don't ever think you need to be brief - I'm enjoying your non-brevity far too much!! :lmao:

(I'm also recognizing a lot of my trip last August in your report - DH and I went to WDW with my mom and stepfather, and the thinning lips, heaving sighs and general pickiness of your mom are very familliar. Example: We went to eat at Le Cellier for lunch - hee, sorry to rub it in - and we got a table in a far corner, pretty dark. Mom was in a rather itchy-with-a-b mood because I had not-so-subtly called her to the carpet for constantly wanting to switch tables at every TS restaurant... :rolleyes: She was visibly displeased with the table and when the greeter started explaining that we were in the "Northwest Territory" secton, she said in one of the snarkiest voices I've ever heard her use "Yeah, we can tell". (It's a remote northern territory of Canada) The poor greeter's eyes welled up with tears and she mumbled "enjoy your meal" and moved over... When I told her it was uncalled for, she said "There's no pleasing you - I didn't ask to switch tables, did I??" :furious: Mom is normally a pretty frickin' terrific person, if I do say so myself, but after that week I was ready to commit matricide... )

I also forwarded this link to my friend with crohn's. She also loves WDW, so I'm sure she's going to read your report with great interest!! :thumbsup2

oybolshoi said:
Mmmmmm....port with dessert. If anyone reading here likes port wines, try pouring a tawny port over ice cream some day...good times!

You are a girl after my own heart :thumbsup2 I love me some port. DH and I were vacationing in Napa once and went to some snazzy restaurant. After one or a few bottles of wine DH and I order dessert - me, creme brulee and a glass of port (my favorite combo). The waiter says "May I suggest a 74 blah, blah, blah" Me, I'm like "Yeah sure, sounds good." Well, this port was the best thing I have ever put in my mouth! I mean seriously killer good. If I wasn't married to my DH, I would have married this port. Then the bill comes. $90 a glass. Yes, you heard me right - $90 A frickin' glass :eek: :faint:

This is seriously, the best dining review I've read yet! I'm glad I came across it. Thanks!

Have you ever tried Don PX?

We just tried it in May when we were stuffing our faces at Tchop Chop - we actually got to try it for free because I had ordered a different port with my dessert and the wine steward noticed Jason and I were sharing and just showed up at the table with a bottle and a couple of glasses.

Oh yeah, that was a good time indeed!

I think it was a 25-year port - looked like motor oil when poured in the glass and smelled a bit like burnt coffee. Tasted incredible.

We ordered some online (a different year but still very good) and have taken to pouring it over Haagen Daas Bailey's Irish Cream Ice Cream. You definitely need to try it if you enjoy port.

Thanks for reading!

All Morganic said:
You are a girl after my own heart :thumbsup2 I love me some port. DH and I were vacationing in Napa once and went to some snazzy restaurant. After one or a few bottles of wine DH and I order dessert - me, creme brulee and a glass of port (my favorite combo). The waiter says "May I suggest a 74 blah, blah, blah" Me, I'm like "Yeah sure, sounds good." Well, this port was the best thing I have ever put in my mouth! I mean seriously killer good. If I wasn't married to my DH, I would have married this port. Then the bill comes. $90 a glass. Yes, you heard me right - $90 A frickin' glass :eek: :faint:

This is seriously, the best dining review I've read yet! I'm glad I came across it. Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be looking into that one.

Okay - now post your next review! I'm waiting (not so patiently!) popcorn::

Thanks for reading - glad to know I'm not the only one having a good time reliving the food love. :teeth:

What is it about vacation with the parents? My mom is really a wonderful person...except when we try to take a trip somewhere.

I finally told my parents not to schedule a cruise next fall with us because it was pretty obvious that my mom was not going to enjoy a Disney Cruise if she was bored at WDW after four days.

I couldn't help but laugh at your Le Cellier story...it sounds so much like my mom, too! :lmao:

lawyergirl said:
Subscribing to your thread, Brenda!!!

This is, bar none, one of the (if not *the*) BESTEST food report EVAH!! I'm killing myself laughing at your descriptions of what happened... Please, don't ever think you need to be brief - I'm enjoying your non-brevity far too much!! :lmao:

(I'm also recognizing a lot of my trip last August in your report - DH and I went to WDW with my mom and stepfather, and the thinning lips, heaving sighs and general pickiness of your mom are very familliar. Example: We went to eat at Le Cellier for lunch - hee, sorry to rub it in - and we got a table in a far corner, pretty dark. Mom was in a rather itchy-with-a-b mood because I had not-so-subtly called her to the carpet for constantly wanting to switch tables at every TS restaurant... :rolleyes: She was visibly displeased with the table and when the greeter started explaining that we were in the "Northwest Territory" secton, she said in one of the snarkiest voices I've ever heard her use "Yeah, we can tell". (It's a remote northern territory of Canada) The poor greeter's eyes welled up with tears and she mumbled "enjoy your meal" and moved over... When I told her it was uncalled for, she said "There's no pleasing you - I didn't ask to switch tables, did I??" :furious: Mom is normally a pretty frickin' terrific person, if I do say so myself, but after that week I was ready to commit matricide... )

I also forwarded this link to my friend with crohn's. She also loves WDW, so I'm sure she's going to read your report with great interest!! :thumbsup2

What a great thread !! ;) Thanks soooo much :Pinkbounc

Such a hoot !! :rotfl2:

Did you go to V&A too ??? Thinking about going in May.
Do you have a review??

Thanks for reading!

Yes, I have a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry loooooooooooong review of V&A that I will begin uploading tonight. I was too wiped out last night to do much of anything and I ended up going to bed early.

And I have lots of pictures, too!

senecabeach said:
What a great thread !! ;) Thanks soooo much :Pinkbounc

Such a hoot !! :rotfl2:

Did you go to V&A too ??? Thinking about going in May.
Do you have a review??

This just gets better and better! Dood for yhou standing up for yourselves! We had the same thing happen last year at Party for the Senses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter