As a general guide is the "port" side (left) always against

mowog

Mouseketeer
the port as tradition would indicate? Would this side of the ship provide better views while in port? This has been the case on the few crusies I have taken but would like to know if this is the situation in most ports of call.

depends

starboard side faces the port at the terminal

I think starboard faces the more scenic sides in most ports, including castaway cay

but things change within each sailing

It depends on the port. If I remember correctly...the Magic has starboard facing port in Cozumel and Castaway Cay (if they back in), well port faces the dock, but sb faces the beaches, and Key West they were starboard in. In Grand Caymen it depends on how they anchor. I have not been to the Eastern, but pictures show the Magic starboard facing in St Thomas.

Lisa

Yes, when the Magic docks at the Havensite dock the starboard side is against the dock. At St. Maarten the portside was against the dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter