art of animation

Laneyg

Mouseketeer
We want to go back for our 2nd Disney World trip Dec, 2014 so I'm thinking a little ahead :)
I'd love to stay at Art of Animation. Last time we did Pop Century and were very happy with it. I had some questions. Is there any difference besides decor in the Lion King and the Finding Nemo rooms? Also, can you get adjoining suites? When we stayed at Pop, we had 2 adjoining rooms and then the one next door too, for our party of 8. It was great! So I'm trying to decide if we should just do that again, or do Art of Animation.
Thanks!

All of the suites (Nemo, Lion King, Cars) are exactly the same except for decor.

As for whether or not they have adjoining ones, I don't know for sure (ours didn't have a door but that doesn't mean no, necessarily). I'd guess not, just because of the way they are set up and the notion that relatively few people would need two suites as opposed to needing two standard rooms... but I'm sure someone else can answer definitively.

What is the difference between connecting and adjoining?

Connecting = an interior door connecting the 2 rooms so you can go between the 2 rooms without going out into the hallway.

Adjoining = Next to or very close to each other. No interior connecting door.

So what is the general opinion of this resort? I am looking at a late January trip and wondering what people think!! :banana:

So what is the general opinion of this resort? I am looking at a late January trip and wondering what people think!! :banana:

There is a giant thread all about the resort on this board farther down. I think the general consensus is that it's adorable, very fun, and people really enjoy it. The only complaint I've really seen is that some of the rooms are a bit of a walk, but I think that's all based on a persons opinion. The walking distance wouldn't be far or bothersome to me, but it might be to others. That complaint usually comes from the LM rooms.

I don't know about the suites, but the LM rooms ARE connecting. So, should be the same thing you had with Pop, from what I understand.

I stayed in an LM room last April at AoA and it was great. It is quite the walk, and I have worse knees than a lot of seniors, lol. But we roughed through it and would stay (and are likely about to book to stay) again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter