Art of Animation or Fort Wilderness Cabins???

hammie59

DIS Veteran
I have a friend who is trying to decide where to stay for her very first trip in May. (So that means that I get to live vicariously thru her and help her plan....woo hoo!)

Her group consists of 3 adults and 3 kids (6, 7, 13).
If they book AoA, it would be 2 standard rooms (or one suite?)
And if they go FW, it would be one cabin.

Would love any feedback considering their particular group size/ages and the resorts in question. (I've never stayed at either one).

I just did a split stay at both. It was DH and I, my parents and our 3.5 year old. The cabins at Fort Wilderness only have 1 bathroom and that was a huge downside.

How would They work the bed situation? A family suite at AoA has 3 beds (regular bed, sofa bed, and Murphy bed). Fort wilderness cabins technically have 4 (Murphy bed, regular bed and a set of bunks). Or staying in the little mermaid section of AoA they could get 2 regular rooms with 4 beds.

AoA would be my hearty recommendation. Two bathrooms in the suite is priceless. The cabins have one bathroom, with only one sink.

Eeyore's Wife said:
AoA would be my hearty recommendation. Two bathrooms in the suite is priceless. The cabins have one bathroom, with only one sink.

Two sinks if you count the kitchen sink.

Yes, there are two sinks, but our family sanity does NOT include my husband shaving in my kitchen sink!:rotfl2:

In addition, having two potties for six people is superlative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter