Arriving late, should we give online checkin an earlier arrival to get a better

Donna M

DIS Veteran
If we get there too late I figure we'll get assigned a less desirable room since so many other people have asked for better rooms. It happened to us at OKW when we arrived late; we ended up with a smoking room. I'm glad they got rid of those.

Do you think it will make a big difference at BCV?

One time we checked in at 11:30 p.m. and got upgraded to a one bedroom at WLV because they didn't have any more studio's available. Something must of happened during the day for them to give our studio away, or maybe there was a maintenance problem. Our late check-in worked out great for us!

For our December visit, I had put an 8PM arrival for a AKV value studio. We got value studio with a savannah view. It didn't seem to matter that we were checking in late.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I've checked in late(10:30 pm & midnight)at SSR Friday before Thanksgiving.

Both years got my requested area(CP, close to the quiet pool) and this year we had a GV.

I used the online in October when I stayed at VWL(no request). My studio was on the 2nd floor and along the back hall way.

Other than it is a bit quicker, I don't think there is that much of an advantage to it.

I used to think it makes a difference, but in the last couple years I have experienced some things that suggest our rooms have been pre-assigned. I think once a certain percentage of the resort's capacity is reached in bookings (maybe like 75%) they go from assigned upon arrival to pre-assigned. Of course I am just guessing.:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!