Arrive Early/Stay Late - Do you add extra days to your tours?

I'm doing the Norway/Iceland DCL cruise in 2016 and have already decided to spend time in London before going to Copenhagen for the cruise. Believe it or not, it was actually cheaper for me to get a roundtrip ticket to Heathrow and then book LHR to CPH separately. Just be prepared for sticker shock when you book your hotel in London.

Yes, sticker shock is definitely true!! I'm beginning to plan my London trip and those prices are steep! Luckily, I'll have enough points for 5 free nights, which definitely helps.

My husband and I are adding on 5 nights after our London/Paris trip to go to Venice and then Rome on our own! Since the trip to Europe from USA is long and expensive, we want to see as much as possible.

I'm doing the Norway/Iceland DCL cruise in 2016 and have already decided to spend time in London before going to Copenhagen for the cruise. Believe it or not, it was actually cheaper for me to get a roundtrip ticket to Heathrow and then book LHR to CPH separately. Just be prepared for sticker shock when you book your hotel in London.

We've actually decided to not do anymore pre-days on our ABD to Central Europe. We opted for a week at the beach instead. We need a break from WDW and opted to spend a week on a beach in Florida instead.

We've actually decided to not do anymore pre-days on our ABD to Central Europe. We opted for a week at the beach instead. We need a break from WDW and opted to spend a week on a beach in Florida instead.

......IMO you should ask yourself when will we be traveling back to central Europe in the future? Florida is easy enough to get to anywhere in North America at any time and the beaches will always be there. There is so much history there that we here in the U.S. does not even learn in high school history. Plus Prague has some GREAT BEER....

......IMO you should ask yourself when will we be traveling back to central Europe in the future? Florida is easy enough to get to anywhere in North America at any time and the beaches will always be there. There is so much history there that we here in the U.S. does not even learn in high school history. Plus Prague has some GREAT BEER....

I understand what you're saying but I have to take into consideration that I am travelling with my mom who will be 66 at the time of this trip and is already taking a HUGE step outside her comfort zone. I suggested adding time on in London before the tour starts and she said she would rather do something like go to the beach and use our "points" for free flights add to that she's the one paying for both of us to take this ABD.

I've also studied a lot of European History in both high school and university which is what drew me to this trip in the first place.

I understand what you're saying but I have to take into consideration that I am travelling with my mom who will be 66 at the time of this trip and is already taking a HUGE step outside her comfort zone. I suggested adding time on in London before the tour starts and she said she would rather do something like go to the beach and use our "points" for free flights add to that she's the one paying for both of us to take this ABD.

I've also studied a lot of European History in both high school and university which is what drew me to this trip in the first place.
The only thing I will say about rethinking adding a day or two pre ABD is that the Central Europe itinerary does not do Prague justice. You really NEED at least one more night. We were very happy we had TWO extra nights.

The only thing I will say about rethinking adding a day or two pre ABD is that the Central Europe itinerary does not do Prague justice. You really NEED at least one more night. We were very happy we had TWO extra nights.

We are arriving in Prague the day before the tour starts with our flight arriving mid-morning. We will have the rest of that day plus the majority of the next day to see and do things. Plus the itinerary has been changed for 2016 affording more free time in Prague than on previous itineraries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter