Arrival time for days with EMH

Newbie123

Mouseketeer
This is probably a silly question, but I'm a first timer! Everything I've read says to arrive 30 minutes or so before the posted opening of each park; does this apply to days with EMH as well? For instance, we're doing MK 2 days: one day, there isn't a morning EMH, so we will plan to arrive 30-45 minutes early for rope drop. The other day we are going, there is an AM EMH; do we still need to get there 30-45 minutes early?

Depends on the time of year and what the crowd levels are like. If you are going during a busy time of year (summer, major holidays) then yes, you would want to get to the park entrances at least 30 min. before the EMH starts.

Depends on the time of year and what the crowd levels are like. If you are going during a busy time of year (summer, major holidays) then yes, you would want to get to the park entrances at least 30 min. before the EMH starts.

Sorry, I should have included that information: we're going 10/23-10/29 of this year.

We have been during some of the slower times (Jan/April) and we always arrive about 30-45min before opening. We like to get near the front of a turnstile and just wait. Even though it is not a busy time of year the lines to get into the parks will still be heavy by the time the parks open and we like the chance to get in without being in the middle of a crowd. Have been knocked over, feet stepped on, pushed and shoved enough times to know this is just how we like. Unfortunately excitment takes over and some people just tend to forget that they are not the only ones in the park. Plus you meet some really great cast members waiting. We have had some great conversations with cast members from all over the world.

I visited last October.

I arrived about 40 minutes early for an Epcot EMH (arrived at 7:20 for 8am EMH opening). I was "literally" the first person there. Way too early. I would have been fine showing up around 7:45 I'll bet.

Another day, I arrived at DHS at 8:30 for a 9:00 non-EMH opening. It was crazy-crowded by the time I arrived. It took me 30 minutes to get through the security and the front entrance queues. SB for TSMM was already posted 45 minutes and FP were about 2 hours out by the time I reached TSMM at about 9:05!

So, you never can tell. But, in general, I think it is LESS IMPORTANT to arrive early for AM EMH mornings.

I've seen it all over the board, I try to get there early, 45 minutes before usually... or really, whenever I can get there because some buses start at a certain time. But I never really regretted getting there early, but I've regretted not getting there early enough.

I'd rather be there 45 minutes ahead, first in line than be there 25 minutes ahead in the middle/back of the pack. Being in the middle/back isn't worth it.

or really, whenever I can get there because some buses start at a certain time.

All resort to theme park buses beginning running about 6:30AM every day.

On the very few days of the year when AM EMH begins at 7AM ( instead of 8AM)
the buses will start running even earlier.

I've seen it all over the board, I try to get there early, 45 minutes before usually... or really, whenever I can get there because some buses start at a certain time. But I never really regretted getting there early, but I've regretted not getting there early enough.

I'd rather be there 45 minutes ahead, first in line than be there 25 minutes ahead in the middle/back of the pack. Being in the middle/back isn't worth it.

I feel exactly the same way. My husband kind of grumbles at me, "well, here we are with 40 minutes to go, we could have waited a while after all". But being at the park gate early allows me to relax. Its also not crowded yet, so I can wander around and look at things at Magic Kingdom, get that first photopass of the day, and enjoy the elbow room.

All resort to theme park buses beginning running about 6:30AM every day.

On the very few days of the year when AM EMH begins at 7AM ( instead of 8AM)
the buses will start running even earlier.

"About" is the key, they're definitely not always there at 6:30. But then you have to factor in multiple stops, like the bus from CR to AK that also stops at GF and Poly. So if you get on the bus at 6:30, you might not get there until 7:20.

We got to MK at a little before 7:00 for an 8:00 EMH and they asked us to be the family of the day and open the MK!!!! Amazing experience!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter