Arrival time at John Wayne Airport

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by karylrocks, Apr 25, 2005.

1. karylrocks

karylrocks I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

We will be flying out at 8:50 pm on a Friday and I am wondering what time we should leave DL in order to return our rental car, check our luggage, and get through security. Would 6:30 be soon enough?

2. CalGal

CalGal <font color=blue>Just tinkering around<br><font co

I would think leaving at 6:30 would be fine. I can't remember ever having much of a line at check-in or at Security at John Wayne (can't say the same for LAX). I would think getting to the airport an hour before your departure would be good enough. Add 1/2 hour travel time and 1/2 hour for car rental checkin, both probably conservative estimates. (I must admit though, I've never rented a car at John Wayne; is the car-rental on-sight? ) You might check the web site for the airline you are flying to see if they have any recommendations for check-in times, but it sounds to me that you've allowed plenty of time.

3. got2travel

got2travel <font color=green>Disney lover<br><font color=deep

You're fine with leaving at 6:30.

I'm notorious for leaving late. I've left at 2:00 trying to catch a 3:15 flight. Yes, that's extreme, but we made it to the flight, even had to gas up the rental and return it. I guess all I'm trying to say is leaving 2 1/2 hours before your flight will give you plenty of time.