Aroyer - Hurricane Dean

Lisa

<font color=royalblue>OMG, I think I am going to p
This Monday is when I am supposed to go to Austin, TX for my business trip. What is your local weather stations saying about the Hurricane? I am wondering if my trip might be cancelled.

I hope Dean fizzles out and doesn't come toward TX for your sake, but I wouldn't mind my business trip cancelled.

sorry Sir but Miss Lisa can't come to Texas and play, Dean is in a foul mood.

I feel for you sweetie, DH has to Fly to Atlanta this week.

This Monday is when I am supposed to go to Austin, TX for my business trip. What is your local weather stations saying about the Hurricane? I am wondering if my trip might be cancelled.

I hope Dean fizzles out and doesn't come toward TX for your sake, but I wouldn't mind my business trip cancelled.

Your business trip is on. Austin will not be affected on Monday by Dean.

Does anyone know where it is headed.....I am not ready to start hurricane season yet. We catch lots of fallout around here. A few years ago, we got a 500 year flood and it stunk!

Hi, sorry, I have been out of town this weekend. I think they are saying landfall will be south Texas or Mexico. We may get rain from it if it hits south Texas but nothing big. I will watch weather tonight and update if needed!

Lisa, I am so sorry I just realized that I never got restaurant names to you!! :scared: There is not a lot of good Tex-mex downtown. If you can get a cab to Chuy's on Barton Springs (not far from downtown) I would highly recommend that. Really good Tex-mex. Most of our favorite, more casual restaurants are on the outskirts of downtown. Ztejas is a great one just past 6th street and Lamar- it's not Tex-mex, but really good food. The heat has settled in here too, fyi. Yikes its hot and humid! Austin is a great city, very diverse and pretty.

sorry there are not any good tex mex restaurants downtown
Now where near down town but has awesome service and great food (but do not under any circumstance order the tortilla soup)
Texican
11940 Manchaca Road
Austin, TX 78748
Phone: (512) 282-9094
http://www.texicancafe.com/
we have only been to the south one

Ok, just watched the 10 o'clock news. They showed the many projected paths of Dean and all but one show it heading towards Mexico. Only one path (of like 15) showed it coming to the Texas coast so you should be good. The high temperatures this week are in the low 90's with 20% chance of rain on Monday and Tuesday and 40% chance of rain on Wednesday and Thursday and 30% on Friday.

Aroyer, I was thinking about you all weekend.. when I wasn't being entertained about the wedding from hell! I'll post more about that later..
DH did ask if you found the ark.. he said last he heard it was 2 house down and two the left! He is was a riot this weekend...

I've been watching the weather...and my kids have been keeping updates for me...
This morning they said something about the high pressure over TX should keep it from heading towards you.. Here's hoping!

THAT'S where that darn arc is!!! :lmao: Thanks for the good thoughts, I think Dean has reservations in another part of the world. At least I hope so.

I've arrived in Austin, TX, safe and sound. And the sun is shining.:goodvibes The only rain I saw was in St. Louis.

When I first posted, the weather predictions weren't certain if it would hit TX or Mexico. I was concerned I would get down here but then have to turn right back around to fly home, but it looks like Mexico will get it.

Not sure if I want to venture too much on my own in a city I don't know tonight. I was a fraidy cat and had lunch in the hotel.:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 Will wait till some of my DC colleagues show up tomorrow before I venture to explore.

Glad to hear you are safe and sound Lisa!!!
Have a good time... I would be just like you.. and had lunch at the hotel too!

It's raining here...has been for a couple hours...but nothing major.. however, when did the down pour hit.. when my DS11 was being released from school so the poor kid came home drenched...

I am so glad you made it safely! If you need anything, just pm me. So sorry its so hot!!

Hot? Hmmm, it's quite cool in my AC set to 65 degrees room.:thumbsup2 :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter