Arizona and Utah Question

Spork24

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder
Has anyone been on the AZ and Utah trip recently. Which lodge did you stay at in Grand Canyon national park? The itenerary doesn't specify.

Also was it nice? I've read mixed reviews about the in park lodges.

Also how was this itenerary as a whole?

Has anyone been on the AZ and Utah trip recently. Which lodge did you stay at in Grand Canyon national park? The itenerary doesn't specify.

Also was it nice? I've read mixed reviews about the in park lodges.

Also how was this itenerary as a whole?
I can only answer the last question, since I did this trip in 2008.

It is a FABULOUS itinerary! A really wonderful mix of easy hiking, rafting and truly, TRULY spectacular scenery. They've made some adjustments to this itinerary over the years, but it's mostly the same as it was when I took it. If you haven't read it yet, you might want to check out my Trip Report linked in my signature to see what the trip is like. I've taken 6 ABDs so far, and it still remains one of my favorites.

As far as which lodge they stay at, my guess would be they left it vague because which lodge they use may vary trip to trip based on availability. If there's a particular date or dates you're looking at, I'd call ABD and ask them what lodge they're using for those particular departures.

Sayhello

We did this trip about 4 years ago and it still is one of our favorites. We stayed in the Thunderbird hotel which is the closest hotels to the canyon walls. You look right out your window to the Grand Canyon. Not very exciting and utilitarian as far as décor as such is many National Park hotels are. The AC in our room at the Thunderbird was super cold and when we visited the temps were 115 degrees plus and the Park Service closed the access to the bottom because it was so hot. Great Ice Cream stand just beside the Thunderbird. We felt the location of the hotel far out paced the amenities of the room. Like I said you could not get any closer to the rim. The Enchantment as well as Red Cliffs lodge are first class resorts. Wonderful and quite pampering in all aspects of spa resort hotels. You eat in the El Tovar Hotel which is next door to the Thunderbird for breakfast. You will have one dinner "on your own" while you are in the Thunderbird and we ate next door at the El Tovar. We made reservations weeks in advance on our own because ABD only has so many to give out. The food was wonderful and we had a window seat overlooking the Grand Canyon. I would suggest making your own reservations to insure a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter