ariels grotto for lunch

kailuagirl

DIS Veteran
My sister and I took our 3 girls (5, 7, 8) for lunch there last Friday. We weren't too impressed. We were kind bummed the girls couldn't do seperate pics with Ariel. We tried to explain we were 2 families, but that didn't matter. Silly on their part as we would have bought 3 photo packages. It's hard to get 3 kids to look great and our pic was terrible and I mean terrible for 2 of the kids. You couldn't even see one of the girls. They were kinda offended we didn't like it and we kindly asked to do another photo. Food was just okay, I had the chiopino ?spell), sis had the tri tip, 2 girls had the seashell pastaaa and one had the chicken skewers and hated it.

What got us was how there was no interaction from the princesses at all. It wasn't crowded, there was maybe 3 tables including us outside. They just came to our table, signed the autograph books, smiled for the pic and left. It was so fast it was amazing, I was so disappointed. We've done Goofy's 2x before and there is way way more interaction there. This was just basically a photo op, it would have been better to just do PFF a couple times, they at least talk to the kids there and make them feel special. Not here at all. at first I thought it was just one particular princess, but they were all the same. When the first one came Belle, my DD5 was having a I need to eat now meltdown, so she didn't get her autograph or photo. I thought she'd come back, but she never did :(

Oh well, that was our experience. I know it's not the same for everyone, but we were really disappointed in the whole experience and found it to be a big waste of money :*(

We were there last Wednesday for lunch. It was DD (12) and I. It was crowded when we went. Food was brought out way to quickly, and I felt like I was being rushed and told them so. The princesses just stopped for a quick picture with minimal interaction, maybe it was because my DD was older. No issue with the picture package, didn't buy it. The food was good, not great. The dessert was really good though. DD loved the white chocolate seashell. VERY pricey. For the two of us, and DD pays the adult price, it was just under $80.00 and that is after our AP discount. We won't be going back. Not worth the it for the food or the characters. If you need pictures with the princesses, you would get better interaction in the park. It used to be so much better there. That is my take on Ariels Grotto.

I have to say we had the exact opposite experience on Tuesday 9/25 for lunch. The princesses all spent quite a bit of time interacting with DD 5.5 and they listened patiently while she went on and on about her little brother and how messy he was and thats why we didn't bring him with us. Belle even talked with her about how Beast is the same way and how she's trying to teach him better table manners. It was quite entertaining actually. We were seated outside for the noon lunch. There were other people outside but it wasn't full. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not. This was our 3rd year going there for lunch and the longest amount of time we've experienced with the princesses interacting with DD. We definitely didn't feel rushed through our lunch either. Maybe because it was a Tuesday? Or maybe its just luck of the draw?
Either way, sorry you had a bad experience! For the price you pay I agree that you should get some good character interaction!

We were there last Wednesday for lunch. It was DD (12) and I. It was crowded when we went. Food was brought out way to quickly, and I felt like I was being rushed and told them so. The princesses just stopped for a quick picture with minimal interaction, maybe it was because my DD was older. No issue with the picture package, didn't buy it. The food was good, not great. The dessert was really good though. DD loved the white chocolate seashell. VERY pricey. For the two of us, and DD pays the adult price, it was just under $80.00 and that is after our AP discount. We won't be going back. Not worth the it for the food or the characters. If you need pictures with the princesses, you would get better interaction in the park. It used to be so much better there. That is my take on Ariels Grotto.

We went last week on Wednesday, and we had pretty much the same experience. The meal felt INCREDIBLY rushed-- they brought our entrees before I even had a chance to get to any salad, and they kept wanting to take away my salad plate and the 'appetizer tower.' I had to tell them like three times not to take it because I wasn't done yet. Interaction with the princesses was minimal, but that's what I expected from reading previous reviews. I had the tri-tip, and it was pretty bad; I didn't even finish it. Then to top it off, we realized the next day that our waiter never gave us our credit card back and we had to go to Lost and Found to track it down. We won't be returning.

My sister and I took our 3 girls (5, 7, 8) for lunch there last Friday. We weren't too impressed. We were kind bummed the girls couldn't do seperate pics with Ariel. We tried to explain we were 2 families, but that didn't matter. Silly on their part as we would have bought 3 photo packages. It's hard to get 3 kids to look great and our pic was terrible and I mean terrible for 2 of the kids. You couldn't even see one of the girls. They were kinda offended we didn't like it and we kindly asked to do another photo. Food was just okay, I had the chiopino ?spell), sis had the tri tip, 2 girls had the seashell pastaaa and one had the chicken skewers and hated it.

What got us was how there was no interaction from the princesses at all. It wasn't crowded, there was maybe 3 tables including us outside. They just came to our table, signed the autograph books, smiled for the pic and left. It was so fast it was amazing, I was so disappointed. We've done Goofy's 2x before and there is way way more interaction there. This was just basically a photo op, it would have been better to just do PFF a couple times, they at least talk to the kids there and make them feel special. Not here at all. at first I thought it was just one particular princess, but they were all the same. When the first one came Belle, my DD5 was having a I need to eat now meltdown, so she didn't get her autograph or photo. I thought she'd come back, but she never did :(

Oh well, that was our experience. I know it's not the same for everyone, but we were really disappointed in the whole experience and found it to be a big waste of money :*(

The last time we went to AG we went with DBF's family, as in his parents, his sister, her DH and their 3 kids, plus the 4 of us.....we had 11 people. We didn't feel rushed at all and we were able to take photos separately without any question. In fact, the PP CM was asking us all to go in, to change poses, to have just the kids together (all of them) then each kid alone, then Mom's and daughter, then.......it was actually very very cool. I'm sorry you didn't have the same experience we did. :(

We went last week on Wednesday, and we had pretty much the same experience. The meal felt INCREDIBLY rushed-- they brought our entrees before I even had a chance to get to any salad, and they kept wanting to take away my salad plate and the 'appetizer tower.' I had to tell them like three times not to take it because I wasn't done yet. Interaction with the princesses was minimal, but that's what I expected from reading previous reviews. I had the tri-tip, and it was pretty bad; I didn't even finish it. Then to top it off, we realized the next day that our waiter never gave us our credit card back and we had to go to Lost and Found to track it down. We won't be returning.

Oh wow, they kept bringing us more salad, more meats and cheeses, more of whatever we wanted they brought us promptly and without question. They didn't rush us, the Princesses spent less time with my girls (12& 16) then they did with the younger kids but they still spent plenty of time at our table. The food was great (as it always is) and when we realized that we were going to miss WoC I stayed to box up the desserts and pay the check while everyone else left.

AG is one of our favorites, we don't eat there often (since both girls count as adults now) but we do eat there enough to know that the above cases are not normal. At least not in our experiences. :)

Wow, that is terrible. How silly they wouldn't allow you to do separate family photos. That makes no sense at all. I would definitely be annoyed. You should be able to take whatever photo you want and as you said you would have paid more $$. We were there in June - and they lost our reservation. Couldn't believe it. I clearly remember having a conversation w/ the person about sitting outside our inside . Luckily they got DD4 and I in. Her picture was darling (it was included w/ PP+) and I thought the food was delicious. We sat outside and I felt that the interaction was pretty good. Everyone stopped and I know they had a lot of people to see but it seemed they all chatted with her a bit. And when we saw Ariel the next day at the Princess Faire in Fantasyland she remembered my dd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!