Ariel Birthday Party ideas

chipdale74

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone. I am planning an Ariel themed birthday party for my DD. She is turning 4 the end of July and each year she chooses her theme. Luckily I made her a disney nut like me. :)

Her first birthday (obviously not her choice) was Winnie the Pooh, 2nd was Mickey Mouse and her third was the cinderella castle. I bought the Ariel cake pan from wilton but was wondering if anyone had other ideas to help put together a magical birthday for her. We've had a few years of money issues (who hasn't in this society?) and I would like to make her birthday extra special.

We had an Ariel party for my niece when she was four. It was so much fun. We got "sea" colored tissue paper (blues, teals, etc) and taped them over the windows to make it look like under the see. Then we cut fish shapes from construction paper and hung them from the ceiling. We also took pink balloons and taped crepe paper streamers to them to make look like jelly fish and hung them from the ceiling. For games we had mermaid tail races. We tapes garbage bags around their waist and knee and had like a sack race - fun. We also had a treasure hunt with a treasure map and a pinata at the end.

My DD's bday is in January, &, for her 7th bday, we had an "Ariel" themed bday party at an indoor pool. I couldn't do as much as I normally do for decorations, but we had the following items for food (in addition to an "Under the Sea" cake):

Fish-wiches - finger sandwiches w/ the bread cutout in fish shapes

Seashell Pasta Salad - I made a cold pasta salad using seashell pasta

Strawberry Mermaids - chocolate-dipped strawberries

Goldfish Crackers

Sea Salted Potato Chips

"Under the Sea" Cookies - Sugar Cookies in the shape of fish & other marine animals

I think there was something else (maybe veggies?), but I can't remember what exactly...

I decorated the tables w/ blue tablecloths & fish netting & some blue sparkly netting & situated various "Little Mermaid" characters in various places on the table. I also used light blue balloons, of course!

My DD's bday is in January, &, for her 7th bday, we had an "Ariel" themed bday party at an indoor pool. I couldn't do as much as I normally do for decorations, but we had the following items for food (in addition to an "Under the Sea" cake):

Fish-wiches - finger sandwiches w/ the bread cutout in fish shapes

Seashell Pasta Salad - I made a cold pasta salad using seashell pasta

Strawberry Mermaids - chocolate-dipped strawberries

Goldfish Crackers

Sea Salted Potato Chips

"Under the Sea" Cookies - Sugar Cookies in the shape of fish & other marine animals

I think there was something else (maybe veggies?), but I can't remember what exactly...

I decorated the tables w/ blue tablecloths & fish netting & some blue sparkly netting & situated various "Little Mermaid" characters in various places on the table. I also used light blue balloons, of course!

What fun food ideas!!

More ideas:

I decorated the doorways by hanging crepe paper streamers in blue and green shades so it was kind of like walking in thru water. I also taped fish shapes to the streamers.

I like the pink balloons with crepe paper as jelly fish but I would fill the balloons with helium and let them hover around the room. You could even turn it into a game by writing a number or symbol on top that would be matched with a prize for the goody bags.

We also had an old fashioned fishing game by stringing a sheet across a doorway. The girls fished with a stck with a string and clip attached to the end. My husband hid behind the sheet and attached prizes. Everyone got something else for their goody bag but he threw in lots of silly things also.

For the goody bags I found some cheap little treasure chest shaped boxes at Oriental Trading Company and let the girls decorate them by gluing on lots of plastic rhinestones.

Have fun! It is a great party theme.

That bucket of sand is a great idea. I remember making edible sand years ago. I think it's very similiar. Thanks for the great ideas everyone!

You could make dingle-hoppers. Get some cheap forks and let the girls glue pretty rhinestones on them.

Here are some pictures from my middle granddaughter's 3rd birthday Little Mermaid party.

Swim on in.

IMG_9127.jpg

Here's the birthday girl.

IMG_9133.jpg

We hung inexpensive plastic fish from the ceiling.

IMG_9137.jpg

There were treasures to find in the sand.

IMG_9164.jpg

My then 5 year old granddaughter wrote the poster of what the little girls were supposed to find.

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9176.jpg

The food.

IMG_9163.jpg

Cake (made by my daughter) and ice cream.

IMG_9170.jpg

The ice cream was served in mini sand pails.

IMG_9171.jpg

For a craft activity, they made tropical themed picture frames.

IMG_9139.jpg

Mermaid friends.

IMG_9200.jpg

Treat bags.

IMG_9122.jpg

This was all very simple to do, and the girls had a blast. Hope the pictures may have helped with some ideas. Have fun creating your party! :)

WOW!! I loved the party theme and girls must have loved it. I loved the grouppie. All are looking so adorable. So what's your plan for her coming B'day? My DD has got her B'day on the same month but it's on 24th and this is her 5th. I thought of giving her a Disney themed B'day. I'm at the same time confused about the theme because kids nowadays are so into all this online games and tabs, I wonder how many of guests will love it. I want them to realize that there is so much fun outside than these tabs and laptops.
I've got some inflatable games and some extra fun games from Superior Events (Toronto). We've got plans to make some incredible cookies of different Disney characters and also we have a big Mickey & Minnie cake. Got costumes in mind for some kids and will have team games as well. I guess these will do the job and now just hoping for a great time.

Well.... my DD's Ariel themed party was a looong time ago.... pre Dis-boards and pre-Pinterest, but I think I still managed a fun, affordable party! For entertainment as the girls arrived they were free to play in our backyard.... we had a large swing set, sandbox, teeter totter, etc. Then once everyone was there we made necklaces..... nothing fancy or specific..... just big bowls of plastic pony beads and plastic lacing.

For an activity they had a scavenger hunt and the gifts they found at the end were their goodie bags (small silver metal baskets with treats and treasures, wrapped in blue saran wrap). The final clue lead them "under the sea" (a table covered in blue table cloth and streamers). For another activity I filled a "treasure chest" (found on sale somewhere like Pier One) with "gold and silver" (gold Rolos candies and silver Hershey kisses, pennies and nickels, costume jewelry and loose plastic gems, etc) and they had a relay race using a spoon.... whatever they could scoop and carry back and deposit in their bag within a certain amount of time, they got to keep.

Cake was very basic..... 1/4 sheet cake from a local store iced with blue "water" on top and topped with plastic Ariel and friends from the Disney Store. I don't recall my other foods having any kind of "theme" other than serving goldfish crackers. Drinks were served in reuseable plastic water bottles with a fish theme decorated with each girl's name (another keepsake to take home and cheaper in the long run than buying a lot of disposable drinks like water bottles or juice boxes).

In hindsight I will say that this was one of my more laidback parties, as far as theming went. I definitely got much more elaborate as my kids got older! ;) But for a backyard party for a bunch of 4-5 year olds, this was perfect! Just enough theming to keep it interesting, but not enough to make Momma nuts! Good luck with your party! Enjoy it and take lots of pictures!............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter