Argh!!!

lorapinky

DIS Veteran
I have always been happy with the service from Thomas cook signature....until now.

We had asked for specific seats on the plane ages ago to ensure we'd get them. The TA assured me that it was all done and sorted.

I called them up today just to confrim some details regarding holiday and mentioned our seats number by an off chance to which I was told that there is no mention in our booking about this.

She called virgin who also had no record of this.

We can't get the seats we want now and many others are gone.

We have managed to get ok seats and we are together but i'm really annoyed about this.

The seats we had chosen were for medical reasons and I had expalined this to them ages ago when we asked for those original seats....grrrrr!

I know I should be happy that i'm on the plane at all and that i'm going to WDW but i'm still really upset about the whole thing and I feel let down.

:grouphug: Hugs to you! I know how frustrating it can be when you thing something is sorted and they let you down. Where are you sitting now?

This is one of the reasons that I started to book my hotels and flight seperately. The flight/room requests just were not getting through. It takes loads more time but it's worth it in the end.

At least you are sitting together.

have a great time

The seats we had chosen were for medical reasons and I had expalined this to them ages ago when we asked for those original seats....grrrrr!

What seats do you want? Bulkhead seats? Something else? Have you thought about contacting Virgin Atlantic's Special Assistance (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/passengerinformation/passengermobility/index.jsp) before you fly? If it is a medical condition and you can get a doctor's letter, I am sure that they will try and accomodate you if they can...

Alice

Try and change them at the airport.
We always like to have the seats at the back of the plane as their in pairs, once there was a plane change and our seats were changed, when we got to the airport for twighlight check-in they changed us back to those seats even though they had been allocated to someone else. This was before on-line check-in started though.

Does anyone know if the seats towards the rear on the virgin planes which seat people in 2 - 4 - 2 if the you are near a window still???

Please see link:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/allaboutus/ourfleet/index.jsp

The ones near the WC at the back seam to have a space between the seats and the window???

What do you mean?

Yes, there are windows there, but there is a gap between the seats and the wall (so you can see out of the window, but there is a gap of 6" to 12" - depending which of the three rows you are in - between the edge of the "middle seat" and the wall/window).

Alice

Does anyone know if the seats towards the rear on the virgin planes which seat people in 2 - 4 - 2 if the you are near a window still???

We love these seats. You have a gap between you and the window, but this gives you a little more elbow room. The last seats do have a space behind them so you can recline your seat without being in someones face. In my opinion these seats are the best on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter