Aren't Graduations Grand! - May 2015 TR (New 10/30 - MK and California Grill)

So now you are torturing us...LOL...we need more...ok, the impatient soul that I am needs more! Darn real life is probably getting in the way of updates...hate when that happens. :dogdance:

She also loves shoes, spending time with friends, and going on vacations where her sister foots the bill. ;)
It sounds like her sister is awesome to be giving her such an incredible graduation/birthday celebration.

However, this was going to be no ordinary trip. Not only were we going to celebrate her graduation, we would also be celebrating her birthday at Disney for the second time. The more I thought about it, the more spectacular and wonderful things I kept adding onto the trip. Rather than one week at Disney, why not two? If we're attempting our first split stay, why not stay at four different resorts? I added a dinner show. I signed us up for a tour. I decided another trip to that “other” Orlando theme park was in order. And so on, and so on.
I know it has been said several times, but this trip just seems epic! I can't wait to read all about it. I'm glad you're back on the DIS and sharing the story with us!

A few less-than-enthusiastic character interactions:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Ok, it has been a while since the PTR. You did say she doesn't like meeting characters, right? I hope you at least managed to maybe have a few where she looks a little more enthusiastic.

And we never forget the classics!
:thumbsup2

and one trip to the urgent care (wait, how did that sneak in there?!).
Um... this wasn't supposed to happen. :rolleyes1

I can’t wait to tell you all about it!
I'm looking forward to it!

Hey thanks for the heads up!! My DIS time has been severely limited lately..but I can't wait to catch up and read about your trip...it sounded so amazing in your PTR...I can't wait to hear about the real thing!

Hi ! :wave2: Following along! What an amazing graduation trip for your sister! Can't wait to read all about it!

Kelly

SO MANY PEOPLE JOINED IN! I'm so excited! Thanks so much for reading along!

:jumping1:

Onto the first replies of the trip report...

Following along - sounds like it was an action packed trip!

:welcome: Congratulations on being first! Thanks so much for joining in!

I'm here!

:welcome:

This should be fun!

I certainly hope so! :D

Hi Jenny! :wave:

Hi! :wave2: (Is your name anywhere on the DIS? I can't find it in you trip report!)

(Yes, I've been lurking on your latest trip report. I'll officially join in this weekend once I get through more than the introduction -which was AWESOME, by the way!)

I think we'd get along just fine.

:goodvibes

Okay! Okay! No real Annas... check.

:thumbsup2

I know it sounds crazy, but it was AWESOME!

Happy to be here! Can't wait!

I'm thrilled you're here!

Stayed at two out of the four.
Usually I just say "never been", so that's a big deal for me.

Fun! Which two?

Less than enthusiastic???? But... but... but... it's Ariel!!!!

:faint:

She doesn't have anything against Ariel per se... she just doesn't like meeting characters in general. (She was a bit out of luck, though... I made her meet several! :laughing: )

Do NOT cross these girls! :scared:

You know it!

Great shot!

Thank you!

Yeah... we'll just say now that was NOT a fun day. :mad:

Sounds like it's going to be one heck of a TR! I can't wait!

I will do my best!

Hello there stranger!!! Hard to believe that I've been away from the Dis so long and yet somehow managed to make it on page one of your new TR! :laughing: I was so overwhelmed at the thought of catching up on all the TRs/PTRs that I was so far behind in. But... I'm not behind on this one so maybe this will be my jump back onto the Dis :goodvibes Looking forward to hearing all about this!!! :hug:

TRACY!!! :welcome: I'm so excited to see you here!

I totally feel you on falling behind and then climbing a mountain to get caught up again. I took a break myself and spent quite some time reading through what I'd missing. I only have Katie's report left... and as she's on vacation now, I think I have some time! :laughing:

I'm glad you checked in early as you'll be making an appearance in the middle of day one! :goodvibes

Definitely along for the ride! The pics look awesome! Can't wait for the rest!

:welcome: Su-Lynn! I'm so excited that you're here!

That's quite a compliment coming from you! :blush: Granted, several of them are from Photopass, but I will happily take credit for the ones I'm not in. :-)
Yay! You started! Can't wait! popcorn::

:welcome: Glenn! Thanks for joining in!

I did! It only took me three months... :rotfl:

I'm here and SO glad to see you back on here! Can't wait to hear all about this epic trip!

:welcome: Dugette! It's great to be back and I'm thrilled that you're here!

I'm excited to start - and you can look forward to your appearance in day two! :thumbsup2

Hi Jenny! I'm here!! I can't wait to read along about your trip with your sister!! I'm hoping to do a trip in October 2016 with just me and my little sister (I'm 14 years older than she is), so I will be taking notes!! :)

:welcome: Thanks so much for coming along!

It was a GREAT trip and I hope to give you lots of fun ideas! Your second honeymoon trip is just around the corner... just two more months! :woohoo:

Hi! :wave2: (Is your name anywhere on the DIS? I can't find it in you trip report!)

Yes it is!

Once.

And a few.... a very few... know what it is.

(Yes, I've been lurking on your latest trip report. I'll officially join in this weekend once I get through more than the introduction -which was AWESOME, by the way!)

Thanks! I'll see you over there!

Fun! Which two?

It's a mighty short list of resorts I've/we've stayed at.
POR, ASMu and POP.

She doesn't have anything against Ariel per se... she just doesn't like meeting characters in general. (She was a bit out of luck, though... I made her meet several! :laughing: )

:laughing:

Thanks for the heads up on your report! I have not been "DIS"ing much lately due to being really busy at work (my usual time for reading reports! LOL!) but I will have to go back and read everything tonight on this one! SO EXCITED to read and see everything!

Lynn

:welcome: Lynn! I'm excited that you're here!

It's so unfortunate when work gets in the way of the DIS. ;)

Following along! Can't wait to hear of your adventures! Sounds like you have quite the amazing trip!! :-D

:welcome: Dawn! Thanks for joining in!

It was a fantastic trip! We had such a great time and had MANY adventures!

I'm here, sounds like a great trip, can't wait to read about it!

:welcome: Jen! I can't wait to tell you all about it! :yay:

Yay! You started! I've been dying to hear about your adventures!

:welcome: Lauren! I'm glad you're here!

Yes, finally! :laughing: There are many adventures in store!

Thanks for the heads up. Super swamped at the moment, but I'll be back later to read and reply. I've been looking forward to this TR for a long time!!!!

:welcome: Andy! Thanks for joining in despite being swamped!

Speaking of swamped, I have no idea what that's like.. :scared: :laughing:

As for the trip report, I hope I will live up to your expectations! :P

Following! Sounds like a super fun trip! :hyper:

:welcome: Lu! Thanks for joining in!

We had a fabulous time!

Looking forward to reading all about your trip!

:welcome: Chryssy! Thanks for coming along!

I look forward to telling you all about it!

Thanks for letting me know you started! Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: (Cindi? Anne? Cindianne? Feel free to let me know!)

You're very welcome! I'm thrilled to have you along!
I'm here! And I can't wait to read (hear?) all about it! :banana:

:welcome: Sara! I'm glad you're here!

I think I figured out the video (we'll see!) so there should be some things to listen to! :-)

I'm so excited to follow along! I've been a creepy lurker for awhile on other trip reports, and this time I think I'll stop being so weird. You might be the coolest sister ever!!! Can't wait to hear about this trip!

:welcome:

I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom - it's pretty fun to comment along the way! I'm thrilled you officially joined in!

Thank you so much! :blush:

Last edited:
So now you are torturing us...LOL...we need more...ok, the impatient soul that I am needs more! Darn real life is probably getting in the way of updates...hate when that happens. :dogdance:

Yes, I'm sorry! I realize the first post wasn't really very exciting for those that were following on the PTR! :upsidedow

(Assuming the video thing cooperates, I will have a small update this evening, but the big start of the trip report will have to wait until the weekend!)

It sounds like her sister is awesome to be giving her such an incredible graduation/birthday celebration.

I have my moments of being useful. :laughing:

I know it has been said several times, but this trip just seems epic! I can't wait to read all about it. I'm glad you're back on the DIS and sharing the story with us!

Considering all the factors involved it was rather epic! (Maybe I should add that to the TR title to get more readers... :scratchin )

It's great to be back!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Ok, it has been a while since the PTR. You did say she doesn't like meeting characters, right? I hope you at least managed to maybe have a few where she looks a little more enthusiastic.

That would be correct. I don't know if I have many character photos where she looks "enthusiastic," but at least there's a few where she doesn't look like she wants to run away! :laughing:

I thought you might appreciate that! Mostly I'm proud I've instilled it in Anika, too!

Um... this wasn't supposed to happen. :rolleyes1

Tell me about it. :sad2:

I'm looking forward to it!

I'm glad! :D

Hey thanks for the heads up!! My DIS time has been severely limited lately..but I can't wait to catch up and read about your trip...it sounded so amazing in your PTR...I can't wait to hear about the real thing!

:welcome: Kathy! I totally understand about limited extra time - I'm thrilled you're here!

Your trip is right around the corner! How exciting! :flower:

I'm so excited you're finally getting started! I can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Heather! I'm excited that you're here!

How is your adorable daughter? I hope Ryann is letting her mommy and daddy get some sleep! :-)

Hi ! :wave2: Following along! What an amazing graduation trip for your sister! Can't wait to read all about it!

Kelly

:welcome: Kelly! Thanks so much for joining in!

I'm joining in! Can't wait to hear all about it!

:welcome: Thanks for coming along!

Last edited:
Yes it is!

Once.

And a few.... a very few... know what it is.

:rotfl:

I guess you'll just have to remain nameless. ;)

Thanks! I'll see you over there!

You will!

It's a mighty short list of resorts I've/we've stayed at.
POR, ASMu and POP.

Nothing wrong with that! My on-site resort list consisted of a whopping two (ASMu and POR) prior to all these sister trips. I have a feeling the snowball has started rolling down the hill... :laughing:

Hey, it was my trip, too! :goodvibes

I guess you'll just have to remain nameless. ;)

Oh I don't know.
A lot (and I mean... a lot) of people have called me names.

:rolleyes2

Nothing wrong with that! My on-site resort list consisted of a whopping two (ASMu and POR) prior to all these sister trips. I have a feeling the snowball has started rolling down the hill... :laughing:

I'm exactly the same!
Started with POR, then stayed in ASMu.

We could be twins.
Non-identical, differently aged twins...

Hey, it was my trip, too! :goodvibes

::yes::

And So It Begins…
Day 0 – Friday, May 22nd

It was finally here – the night before the big trip! :yay:

We had a VERY early flight on Saturday morning, so Anika drove to my house the night before. She was packed and ready to go… her sister? Not so much. (It wasn’t too bad – I was only up until one o’clock! :rolleyes: )

As I mentioned briefly in the introduction, Anika did not know any of our day-to-day plans. She was aware of the following things:

*We were going to Disney World.

*We were staying at four resorts.

*We had many dining reservations, including the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, Via Napoli, Sci-Fi Dine-In, Yak and Yeti, Grand Floridian Café, Le Cellier, and Beaches and Cream.

*We were going on a Disney tour.

*Wade was joining us for the weekend of her birthday.

That’s it – she knew none of the resort names, most of the dining reservations, or which tour we were going on. She knew we were visiting all four parks but didn’t know our park days. She had no idea we were going to Universal. The final big surprise is that we were spending several nights at her dream Disney resort, the Grand Floridian.

To say I was excited was a MASSIVE understatement.

:jumping1:

Rather than spill all the plans at once, I decided she would learn about our plans a bit at a time.

I created a stack of envelopes with a fancy reveal document inside - one for each of the four resorts. Starting the night before our adventure, she would open the first envelope to reveal the name of our first resort. This process would be repeated for the subsequent resorts.

Once we arrived at Disney, I would also share our list of ADRs – although the exact order would still be a mystery.

Here is reveal #1:

(Did anyone catch the moment 34 seconds in? For just a fleeting moment I think she may have had another resort in mind. Little did she know… :rolleyes1 )

Here is the fancy document that Anika opened:

Resort%201_zpsimhiitep.jpg

With the first resort revealed and the Magical Express tags in place, it was time for bed!

(For one of us, anyway. The other one still had a few hours of packing to do… :faint: )

Up Next: It’s Go Time!

Last edited:
Aww, I love the idea that everything was mostly a secret and you had reveal envelopes.
I'm sure she was wondering if you all were staying at Grand Floridian from the get go! But since there are 4 resorts there's still a chance, LOL. :thumbsup2
Can't wait to see the reveal for that.

Sisters have sooo much fun together!! :hug:

I'm sooo looking forward to the rest!

She was packed and ready to go… her sister? Not so much. (It wasn’t too bad – I was only up until one o’clock!
So... you did all this impressive, highly detailed, top secret planning for months.

Yet mere hours before leaving for the trip, you still hadn't packed? :rolleyes1

I created a stack of envelopes with a fancy reveal document inside - one for each of the four resorts. Starting the night before our adventure, she would open the first envelope to reveal the name of our first resort. This process would be repeated for the subsequent resorts.
After seeing the first video, I think this will work out to be a good strategy.

(Did anyone catch the moment 34 seconds in? For just a fleeting moment I think she may have had another resort in mind. Little did she know… :rolleyes1 )
::yes:: ::yes::

I liked the sense of confusion and the look on her face that was basically asking why in the heck are we doing this.

Little does she know...

Wow. Your sister is so lucky to have such a thoughtful and generous sister! I can't wait to read the rest of you trip report.

Yes, I'm sorry! I realize the first post wasn't really very exciting for those that were following on the PTR! :upsidedow

(Assuming the video thing cooperates, I will have a small update this evening, but the big start of the trip report will have to wait until the weekend!)

Actually the first post (well I guess the second one...the picture one...)was VERY EXCITING!...that is what makes us want more! :)

The video is adorable! And yes, I see that glimmer of hope when she reads the word "grand". Bad teasing sister! LOL! I can't wait to see what she does when she learns that she really is staying there!

I understand getting things done on the weekend...hopefully you will have more by Sunday afternoon, when I will have time to read them. As I need to go back to work at the mortgage paying job for the day right now, and Saturday, I work at the fun job, and Sunday morning I am doing a dog transport for a rescue group helping get a puppy to her forever home! So I will come back and check on Sunday afternoon! :rolleyes1 (I'm not pushy or anything, am I?)

Lynn

How is your adorable daughter? I hope Ryann is letting her mommy and daddy get some sleep! :-)

She is great! Daddy gets plenty of sleep... Mommy not so much :laughing:
Okay, he may not get *plenty* of sleep, but he gets more than I do! It's funny how my body has gotten used to lots of interrupted sleep and I really don't feel like a zombie anymore, so yay!

To say I was excited was a MASSIVE understatement.

I'm super duper excited for these reveals and I wasn't even there! :hyper:

Did anyone catch the moment 34 seconds in?
Yup! :scratchin

I can't wait to see her reaction to the Universal hotel. More updates please!

By the way, I couldn't see the picture of the fancy reveal paper? Is that an issue on my end? I'm going to try reading this on a different computer and see if it works there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter