Are you planning your trip during free dining???

How can a discount of only $200 be 40% off? That would mean the original price was only $500 for a room?!?!

It was on a package. Orginal price-2800, with code-2600, free dining 1800.
The free dining is saving us like a grand, the code only $200.

Just got off the phone with a CM. We were looking to see if the 40% off code was on our name - no luck.

While talking to her, she mentioned that WD will not be offering a free dining plan this year.

The CM may have just been saying that to get us to book at full price, but it is something to think about.:confused3

Just got off the phone with a CM. We were looking to see if the 40% off code was on our name - no luck.

While talking to her, she mentioned that WD will not be offering a free dining plan this year.

The CM may have just been saying that to get us to book at full price, but it is something to think about.:confused3

I would hazard a guess they will be because they did it last year when the UK got it. As I said I have 2 weeks at CSR water view room with 2 rooms for 2 adults and 3 children for £3170.

I got a flyer in the mail for 30% off. So do some people get 30 and some get 40. The people that got 40% off where did it come from??
Thanks

Keep in mind that the tip is no longer included in the dining plan (and no appetizer if you want it), so it will not be so "free".

I am so jealous. My son starts Kindergarten this year and my hubby says we cannot start the school year off with pulling him out for Disney! We loved free dining. We have done it the past two years. But if they do not offer it, take a discounted room. September is a great time to visit. We love going the first week of September. We are going in May this year instead! We are going to be paying a little more, but atleast we will be at Disney.

Well to the question at hand, we are waiting for free dining or it we wont be going this year, but we are a large family so that discount trumps any room discount for us.

We are going with 9 so the free dining would be a much bigger savings. I am not sure that we wouldn't go at all but if we dont get the free DDP I will have to find some other magic way to save for all of us. :confused3

I believe that CM is wrong. It has already been offered to visitors from the UK and to those of us who were there this past Septebmer on the bounceback.

Someone on the Dining board has already posted (according to their relative who is a Disney employee) that the offer will come out about April 5. The first three days will only be open to Disney Visa holders and then open to the general public, just like the previous three years. And I'd bet good money that the poster was correct. Free Dining has been a brilliant plan on the part of Disney to fill the crowds during what was previously their slowest season, and hurrican season to boot. And then having the bounceback for free food while the free diners are there in the parks, on their Disney high, well I would call that pure marketing genius. We were there for Free Dining last year, and yes we did have fun, but we went for low crowds and there was definetly NOT low crowds during the week of Sept. 14 - 22. The Free Dining Secret is out!!! I hope Disney has rewarded the marketing genius who came up with Free Dining. I personally don't see Free Dining ending anytime in the near future.

ug... too many people are catching onto the free DDP promotion. At this point so many people are booking in hopes of adding free DDP that they will look and say, hm we don't need to offer an incentive to get folks to the parks in back to school season.

ug... too many people are catching onto the free DDP promotion. At this point so many people are booking in hopes of adding free DDP that they will look and say, hm we don't need to offer an incentive to get folks to the parks in back to school season.

As I agree that ppl are catching on, I dont think it will go away. It was made to entice ppl to come down during the slow season. If they get rid of the DDP then they will have to market something else. I don't think ppl will just start coming automatically during the slow season b/c they used to give away the plan. Just HMO but I think it will stay, especially in this economy and less people traveling.

There was a rumor last year that free dining would not be offered to the GP but only to bounceback and UK guests. That rumor never came to pass. I would expect to see that promo again. As to whether it is a greater savings than the 40% off depends on your party size, ages of children, and resort chosen. Remember that the higher the original rate, the more the 40% knocks off the total. It seems like many more people this year are getting the 40% code but it includes dates not traditionally included in the free dining promo ( which is mainly Sept) so who knows how the booking #'s are for that time period- only marketting knows and they decide on what promos to offer and for how many rooms, and which resorts. We'll just all have to wait and see and everyone will have to crunch numbers to figure out what works best for their family and then look forward to seeing Mickey again!---Kathy

so what are the dates usually for free dining? We got it last year on September 1st, but this year we want to go back in the beginning of October and would love to be able to take advantage of the free dining! It worked out really well for us last year .. we loved it!

thanks! :goodvibes

I think a lot of this is going to depend on how booked the resorts are before April comes......

I think this is why we are seeing (not me sadly) so many codes being mailed and emailed.

If room occupancy is already high they will not need to offer free dining.

I am hoping for it but am not counting on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter