• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you going to use 2 credits or pay OOP for CP?

Havana

DIS Veteran
I think I am going to use 2 credits pp for our CP package, but interested in hearing what others are thinking of doing. Three people at Le Cellier will be $$$!

to pay OOP for another meal and use your 2 credits for the package. Based on the cost of the CP package, it's financially better to use 2 credits for it.

There are cheaper TS places and you can even opt for CS to pay even less money for another meal, if you need to make up the meal credits.

I think this year it's rubbing everyone the wrong way; because, it just switched to being 2 credits.

Some are opting to do stand by and skipping the dinner package.

I'm hoping to get some early reports after Thanksgiving to see how it is doing this year.

Myself, I did the 2 credits and we are doing it at Teppan Edo; so, we will get our monies worth. I'm looking forward to the appetizer and viewing spot for Illuminations.

Oh, I didn't realize Apps were included with the package this year! Last year they told us they were not included with the dining plan. Do you know where the special viewing of Illuminations is located?

You will be told after dinner when you get your passes for both. It will be around the lagoon and it should be a good spot. You'll still have to get there early to get a front row, but it won't be as bad as normal viewing.

Some areas are used for private parties and such; so, it can't be pre-determined too well too far ahead. Also, each CP show needs a viewing spot. I would assume each show will have a separate area for F/W.

I think after the first, few shows we will know more about the details.

I asked myself that question too. We are going for 5 nights on property and 1 night off. I picked Tutto Italia for the CP and I let my sister choose 1 restaurant and she picked CRT(Dinner). Right off the bat that took up 4 of our TS credits. The rest of the week, we would have to eat CS or pay OOP for more TS. After hours of the deliberation, we decided to upgrade our DDP to the DXDDP. If we didnt upgrade, I probably would of used the last TS for a character meal and then paid OOP for additonal CS.

Its just dh and I and we picked Tutto and are using 2. I am paying oop for our cheapest meal which is tusker house lunch. I dont mind using 2 credits but I wouldnt do that for a Tier 1 restraunt (Biergarten or Garden Grill) if I was on the dining plan. But the trade off is not waiting in the stanby line and knowing you will have a seat for the show. Its worth it to us.

We're using credits and having lunch at Tokyo Dining. I'm going with my son, sister, and mother. I told Mom that it was now 2 credits, not one (but we're doing DxDDP, so it's not to much of a hit). Mom decided that she still wanted to use credits.

And you should always listen to your mom. :-)

We decided not to buy the DDP because of the 2 credits for CP. We are there 2 nights and HAD plan to buy the DDP/basic, but once they announced th new guidelines we decided against buying the DDP and will be paying for the CP OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter