Are you familar with the Pic folio from Creative memories or other brands?

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
Anyone familiar with the "Creative Memories" Pic folio. This is the book that has 16 pages and you just slide in your pictures and journaling blocks. Its 11x14.
I do not scrap creative memories style, nor am I a huge scrapper. I've tried it but just can't get into it. Anyway, I though I might like the pic folio instead. But before I take the plunge and order it, I was wondering if any other company's or stores carry something similar. I have tons of different photo albums and scrapbooks sitting around my house for when I was "experimenting" with scrapping and don't really want to spend $44 for what could just end up being another photo book to lay around my house.
I remember seeing something sort of like the pic folio at Target about a year ago, but I wasn't really in the market for it then so I didn't pay much attention to it. So has anyone got something similar?

I have a friend who is a very avid scrapper, and she loves them. She is on her 3rd. She does use the CM version, and I've not seen any other. I woudl recommend that the pcitures you put in it are 4x6. I did my wedding pictures, and it turned out horrbile, but the slots are for 4x6, and my pictures were older 3x5. I had to matter them all and that took a lot of time. My friend who does it puts pictures in, and then on the journaling spot she puts a title and decorates that. They look very nice.

I have the CM picfolio and I love it and everyone that has seen it loves it too. I do a scrap book for both my boys but I didn't have any where to put photos that I wanted to keep like my neices prom so I put things like that in the picfolio and it's great. It's pricey but so worth it to me. Very well made just like all cm stuff. Nancy

It is nice that you can just put photos in it and be done, since the background is black or tan and you get that colorblocked look. They also come w/journaling pages for the center openings and "tags" for the bottoms of the pages. You can still make them as fancy or plain as you like. For example, you can still do a border, just make it a bit wider and you'll have to crop it in the middle, but it still looks really good.

Another option for matting, is the Storybox kits. At $10, you can trim a little off and quickly mat smaller photos and use the journaling boxes they come with.

At $44, it is actually cheaper than a regular premiere album $38 + $7 (or $7.50 can't remember right now) page protectors. You don't have to purchase page protectors w/ the PicFolio.

I just used one for a hobby album for my Dad for Father's Day.

You can buy sheet inserts to fit any 8.5x11 or 12x12 album.

Here's a sample for 4x6 photos that would use a 12x12 album.
http://www.scrapbooks.com/store.htm...t&crumbTrail=2908,3189&wp=3&limit=9&offset=18

I was just looking up a product for a friend of mine that doesn't scrap but wanted to make an album for her neice that's getting married.
She is going to use 4x6 pics of guests and have each guest/or couple write a special message on a piece of 4x6 cardstock. Another card will have their name(s) and the 4th space will have an embellishment or other memento.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter