Are You A Recliner??

I had a man recline his seat on a flight and had no room at all. I just kept bumping it the whole flight about every 10 min. The better part is we had 1 seat by him and I put my 4 year old by him, and he spent the flight asking him random questions.

I had a man recline his seat on a flight and had no room at all. I just kept bumping it the whole flight about every 10 min. The better part is we had 1 seat by him and I put my 4 year old by him, and he spent the flight asking him random questions.
Why would you not ask him if he would mind moving it up a bit. Although your "trick" of having your four year old sit next to him wouldn't work on me. I tend to put my earbuds in and tune out the world. So unless he was touching or poking me (and if he was I would ask him and you to stop) I wouldn't notice a word he was saying

Why didn't you just ask this man to change seats with you?

if he was in front of you wouldn't it also be an aisle?

I think there is more to that story than they are sharing. Not to mention, it is jerky behavior to keep hitting a person, even if they recline. And to put your 4 year old by a stranger just to annoy them. Geesh.

I think there is more to that story than they are sharing. Not to mention, it is jerky behavior to keep hitting a person, even if they recline. And to put your 4 year old by a stranger just to annoy them. Geesh.
I'm sure there is...

I agree, plus, as already mentioned, if this poster was sitting in back of this guy, they would both be in Aisle seats.

Ok, let me ask you all.....have you ever had any issues getting the seat to recline? And no, I wasn't sitting in a no recline seat....:tilt:!! But there have been more times than not that I haven't been able to get my seat to recline!!!! Maybe it's just me.....:confused3

Ok, let me ask you all.....have you ever had any issues getting the seat to recline? And no, I wasn't sitting in a no recline seat....:tilt:!! But there have been more times than not that I haven't been able to get my seat to recline!!!! Maybe it's just me.....:confused3
Operator error? ;)

it's annoying that my tv screen is about 10 inches in front of my face while she's got all the room in the world in front of me

1) The unfortunate solution:
. . . fly another airline
. . . fly in an upgraded seat or class
2) This is the New Era of flight
3) Either pay more or adapt.
4) This is why we do not fly In-The-Back.
. . . in USA (domestic) flights, we pick First
. . . when flying overseas, we do Business, and make sure we have lay-flat seats on the aircraft
. . . the older seats only do 160º to 170º, and I slide toward the footrest
5) We don't do Coach strictly for the lack of leg room
. . . the only exception is on a commuter airline for SOME connections
. . . we limit commuter flights to Embraer aircraft, where they have an Exit Row with extra leg room (Bombardier does not)

No, but I did have a seat that refused to stay in the upright position. We were already taxiing when I noticed it and called the FA. The only empty seat was in first class. Should have seen the looks I got from the rest of my family! Reminded me of the "old days" where if you were flying alone and had a jacket and tie they'd upgrade you to first anytime there was space. That was fairly often since planes were far from full back then at times.

Operator error? ;)

Like the time DW and I were on a flight where I couldn't get the armrest volume controls to work on the entertainment system. I turned to DW and said "my volume control doesn't work", when I hear a voice beside me say "yeah, but mine is working just fine". I had been trying to adjust my volume with my neighbours controls. :oops:

I actually can't believe this is an actual topic.

I recline my seat every minute of every flight I'm on. I have a very muscular build and with all the muscle on my upper back it's extremely uncomfortable to sit with the seat upright. For me it makes me lean forward. Sorry I'm not sitting like that for 3 hours and I don't care if the person behind me thinks people shouldn't recline their seat.

I always assume the person in front of me will recline their seat. Why wouldn't they?

Such a fun topic! I usually recline a tiny bit just enough so I"m not totally upright. But I'm very guilty of the 'seat grab' when I get up. It's usually because the person in front is reclined and I can't get my butt up and out without doing a back-bend and quite frankly I'm too old to try to 'limbo' out to the isle. I do however assess the situation so I don't grab hair and say "sorry" as I get up.

But really? shame on the airlines for treating people so poorly. Cram a lot of strangers (all trying to bring all their stuff) onto a flying tube... add kids, alcohol, nerves and what do you get? WHOPEE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter