Are you a 3 peaker or 2

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ziggy1, Sep 2, 2003.

1. ziggy1

ziggy1 Earning My Ears

May 7, 2003
    This is sort of a silly question but one I have never gotten a really good answer that I believe. Why did DVC change their logo from a 3 peak mountain to 2 peaks, which I believe happenen in late 1995? Even on our last trip I asked numerous CM's and no one really had a good answer. It can't be because of them adding a new resort (BWV) at the time as that really makes no sense. Just because you add a resort why would taking away a peak be needed.

Also FYI if you look over the double door between the General store and Olivia's you will see a lead picture that is the 3 peaks logo. BTY which I would love to have.

Do any of you old timers really know why they changed the logo.

:smooth: :smooth:
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Richyams

Richyams <a href="

Aug 18, 1999
    Cutbacks, ostensibely to save money on dues but in reality more Eisner cutting anything he could get his hands on.
  4. timC

timC DVC Member at BWV

Aug 18, 1999
    No idea....3 peaks, 2 peaks.... Someone please explain what these mountains have to do with DVC??? They don't look like Space, Splash, or Big Thunder. There are no DVC mountain retreats. Mouse ears I understand... but snow capped mountains... :confused: :confused: :confused:
  5. donald@home

donald@home Mouseketeer

Apr 28, 2001
    This thread sounds familiar...

First - It's a mark, not a logo.

Second - I think the mountains, ocean waves, palm trees and longitude/latidude lines represent the world of vacation opportunities that await us as DVC members (with the big beautiful mickey sun overlooking it all).

Third - The first rule about a good mark is that it should be as simple as possible, so I think they simply redesigned it to simplify it. It is still a complex mark, but I think it captures the fun of the vacation club very well (which is one of the other rules about a good mark; that it be appropriate).