Are there Disney movies you DON'T like? Classics, even?

I don't like
Cars- it was just ok I mean talking cars?
Pinocchio- it scare me when I was little the kids becoming donkeys, him being taken just awful, sad and scary.
Fantasia- I thought it was boring
Wall-e- I found it boring and too long I felt sleep 5 times before I finish watching it
chicken little- now this movie I can't stand it is just awful.

I've never liked The Rescuers or Hunchback. I hated Fantasia as a child but have grown to appreciate it.

I don't like Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty...the old princess movies.

Also not crazy about The Black Cauldron or Bambi, and Pinocchio is kind of scary.

Don't like most sequels, or the animated movies after 2000 except Lilo & Stitch and Brother Bear.

Have loved all the Pixars. :goodvibes

"The Black Cauldron". It's boring and scary and weird.

In terms of Pixar, though, I'm not crazy about "The Incredibles".

Man I thought I was the only one who didn't like the Incredibles!

Other than that...here are some Disney movies I don't care for

Sleeping Beauty::
I know I know, it's a SUPER classic, but I just thought it was really boring and the faeries always irritated me for some reason.

Cars::
I saw this only once and I don't even remember who the villain is in this movie. Is there a villain?

Fox and the Hound::
SAAAAD ending...can't bare to watch it. Sure no one dies but they can never EVER be friends.

Lilo and Stitch::
Lilo irritated me to no end. Her sister Nani is trying so hard to create a life for them and all she does is complain. Also, Stitch is incredibly irritating.

Some of the follow-up films I didn't like.

The Lion King 3 effectively ruined The Lion King original story by changing the reasons why everything happened. The Lion King 2 just didn't make sense but at least had nice music.

Pocahontas 2 again ruined the magic of the original Pocahontas.

Don't want to give too much away incase anyone was wanting to see them :P

Pocahontas was unbelievably stupid. Not to mention 100% incorrect. Nothing like taking an an actual human being, a true story, and creating a completely fictional character and story.

I really don't like Bambi, Dumbo or Pinocchio... nor Fox and the Hound... Not even Robin Hood. I realized I don't like a lot of classics. I don't like Jungle Book either. It is a combination of factors for me, storyline, music, animation. I don't know I just didn't connect with any of those movies like I did with the others.

There are quite a few movies I dont like by Disney-most unfortunately are the newer ones. I find only the old classics, the hand drawn movies still hold the magic of Disney. Like the Princess and the Frog because it went back along the lines of Disney Classics, otherwise some of the newer Disney movies I really don't like that much.

I don't like any of the sequals. I also don't like Lilo and Stitch. We took DD12 when it first came out and had to leave early because she was so upset that everyone was being mean to Lilo. We do own it though and DD got over it and has watched the movie since, but I think I hold a grudge against the movie for upsetting my daughter so bad. I also don't like anything Winnie the Pooh related.

I forgot about The Lion King 1 1/2. That was just plain horrible. I try to forget it's real.

Bambi! Never liked it. I think I was the only one who was happy that the mom wasn't coming back. Yeah I am a bit twisted that way. :cool1:

Pocahontas. I don't think I've ever been able to watch it all the way through...it just bores me. Same for Sleeping Beauty, and I have never seen Hunchback of Notre Dame and don't really want to.

Also, I wouldn't day that I dislike The Incredibles, but I definitely don't think it's the masterpiece so many people feel it is. It was kind of forgettable for me.

Ok, I am browsing a small list here so I will name off the ones I never have cared for or could not get into. (I feel bad even naming this many as I am a Disney NUT and love almost all things Disney but I certainly think there are some movies I am not so much in to).

Fantasia - just did not interest me.
Bambi - a little boring...a bit sad!
Saludos Amigos - again did not interest me.
The Three Caballeros - no interest.
The Jungle Book - I have just never cared for this movie... but do like some of the music. :)
The Black Cauldron - was boring.
Aladdin - never have liked this one.
Pocahontas - never likedt his one.
Hunchback of Notre Dome - colorful but never liked it at all.
Hercules - saw this one at the movies and really disliked it.
Emperor's New Groove - did not enjoy!
Treasure Planet - could not get in to this one.
Atlantis - could not get in to it.
Brother Bear - was boring.
Bolt - just flat out totally disliked this movie from the start...lol
The Incredibles - has to be my LEAST fave disney movie ever.
Enchanted - it is ok, but I don't think I would ever sit to watch it again.

Other than that I pretty much LOVE all of the others (with the exception of some of the random thing that they came out with).

Here's my list:
Snow White (I tried to watch this recently and couldn't get past the first 15 minutes)
Peter Pan
Pinocchino
The Jungle Book
Dumbo
Bambi
101 Dalmations (both the animated and live-action versions)
I also do not like sequels the only one I like was Lilo and Stitch 2
Plus there are a bunch of Disney movies I have yet to see.

I also don't like any of the direct to video stuff.

And I was kind of disappointed in Cars. If felt about 30 minutes too long. I don't hate it, it's probably just my least favorite Pixar movie.

Not a huge fan of some already mentioned (Dumbo, Pinocchio, Bambi, Atlantis). Have to add Meet the Robinsons. Couldn't get into it. My girlfriend and I would take our 8 kids (total...4 each, LOL) to the movie on the beach on base every week in the summer while our hubbies were in Iraq for a year. Neither one of us could get into it and ended up pulling our lawn chairs & strollers to the "back" away from everyone so we could chat.

It's funny, all this dislike for the Pinocchio film because of how disturbing and weird it is. In reality, it's a bit of sweet sugary fluff compared to the ORIGINAL story. Pinocchio squashed "Jiminy," was hanged by the neck until he nearly died, bit off the cat's paw, was tricked into thinking the blue fairy had died, watched his pal Lampwick die, was nearly fried up and eaten, etc. It was so horrible, it fascinated me as a kid.

My least faves? The Fox and the Hound, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Robin Hood, Oliver & Company, The Black Cauldron, Peter Pan... I don't hate 'em, I'm just not very fond of them.

But the one I absolutely detest? Chicken Little. Blargh.

The Tinker Bell movie (first one) could have been OK. It has a few beautiful moments, such as when Tinker Bell puts together the music box. But the dialogue kills it for me. That, and the way fairies are "born." Um, so if fairies don't get pregnant, why the heck do we have MALE fairies again? That's one nod to J.M. Barrie the movie could have done without.

I love all the Pixar films except one: Up. Now, I love all the scenes that have something to do with Carl and Ellie, but I feel that the rest of Up doesn't live up to those shining moments.

For example, Kevin the bird is cute, but I didn't feel particularly upset when she was captured. My heart bled for Carl's burning house instead. Didn't like the kid much either. I don't *dislike* him, but he's not very interesting or compelling. And there's not enough to the villain; he feels disposable and one-shot.

I'm going to ignore the existence of direct-to-video sequels to our beloved Disney classics. :P

I can't remember if I posted on here or just read through this thread. . .

Despise Hunchback
Chicken Little makes me sad because it's SO awful and I love Zach Braff
The Great Mouse Detective- yuck
I don't think I've even bothered with The Black Cauldron since I was about 4.
James and the Giant Peach

But I think most of those are either love/hate with most people. As far as Classics?

I really don't like Herbie. Any of them.
The Fox and the Hound. It's depressing.
Nightmare Before Christmas (cult classic)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter