Are there Complimentary Wheelchairs to Use at the Grand Floridian?

Lu Ann

Afternoon Tea Hostess
We are taking my MIL to the GF in December. She just recently had surgery. She and my FIL stayed at the GF right after it first opened years ago. She said they had complimentary wheelchairs to use at the resort then, as my FIL needed one that trip. Are there still complimentary wheelchairs to use at the resort? I know they can't leave the resort; we'll rent one in the parks when we get there. Thank you!

We are taking my MIL to the GF in December. She just recently had surgery. She and my FIL stayed at the GF right after it first opened years ago. She said they had complimentary wheelchairs to use at the resort then, as my FIL needed one that trip. Are there still complimentary wheelchairs to use at the resort? I know they can't leave the resort; we'll rent one in the parks when we get there. Thank you!

There may be... but they are first come, first serve and usually are not in good condition. They are really meant for "emergencies" like when a guest is injured on property.

Edit: Honestly, I would rent from an offsite company, especially if one is needed at the resort. It also usually ends up cheaper and the wheelchairs are in better condition.

We've used the wheelchairs at the GF in the past and found them to be in great shape. However, it is true that they are first come first served.

I find it a stretch to guess for which guests the wheelchairs are intended. :confused3 But Sue on the disAbilities forum does recommend renting. Here's a link:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=5873006&postcount=2

Thank you, this was helpful. We may rent it from a rental company, sounds like the best option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter