Are there any non scratchy princess costumes for size 10 child?

ammag

DIS Veteran
Disney store has a 9/10 but they are itchy and uncomfortable to my daughter. She is 8 and wears a 10 and really wants to dress up for some park time. Aside from buying dresses for $100 or so on etsy does anyone have anyplace I can look? Mom approved costumes only goes to size 7/8. We do have a dress from two years ago I could try to get to fit her however it's very short now, lol.

Thanks!

Have you tried Wal-Mart, Target and other stores. I know they most likely won't be as fancy as Disney's but they also won't be as expensive. I know some have posted some places online, but I don't know what they are like.

I made my nieces some princess dresses as they found the Disney Store ones too itchy and too warm for Florida.

My daughter is only 4 but she is the same way. She will not wear any of those dress up dresses anymore because they are itchy. We got a few of the Cinderella things at Kohls (some of those are itchy too according to my daughter). We did get a few tutus and tees there.

I'm not sure if this will work for your daughter because it isn't excatly dressing up more princess inspired. I ordered my daughter this dress on Etsy for $38.00. It came in a few days ago and she loves it. The quality seems really good too. We plan to have her wear this on our BBB day.
Here is what we got but the shop has a bunch of different princesses.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/219024717/elsa-inspired-everyday-princess-dress?ref=hp_mod_rf
il_570xN.713616796_6qxq.jpg

How tall is she? Little Dress Up Shop has soft non-itchy ones, and their extra large is a size 8/10, but if she is tall, it may run too short. DD had the Elsa when she was 8 and wearing a size 10, and it was short on her. Other than that, keep looking at etsy and even ebay-there are some people that make very nice dresses that are not $100. You can get some very nice costume dresses on Etsy in the $40 to $70 range- which is no different than the Disney store/Disney parks dress price range. Some of them may not be as elaborate as some of the more expensive ones, but they are still cute and much less itchy for a kid that is sensitive to the Disney Store/Parks fabric. When DD was 7, she wanted to be blue dress villager Belle, a costume Disney doesn't seem to ever make, and we got an absolutely beautiful blue dress villager Belle dress on etsy for $60. It was very well made and soft. DD loved that dress!

Thanks! The walmart and target types only go to a 5/6 at our stores. I think going with somehitng like the "inspired by" dress vs, actual costume might be the only choice! But I will look at everything thanks so much for the help.

We won't be going again for three years after this so I feel like this ngiht be her last "princess" trip. Sniff.

You may want to look at pajamas. They get awful fancy and I'm pretty sure we have confused my daughter's Elsa nightgown for her Elsa "real" dress more than once and worn it to school. I really can't tell the difference and nightgowns are always more comfy.

I second checking out Little Dress Up Shop for comfortable, machine washable costumes. We have their Elsa dress and my 5yr old loves it.

Little Dress up Shop is what I've seen recommendations about. I wish I knew about them when my kids were little.

Until April 25th, they have a promo where if you buy 1 princess dress (around $29 - $35 or so) you get a replica Elsa dress to give away. Sounds like a great deal. http://www.littledressupshop.com/girls-princess-dresses-and-costumes.html

When my DD was about that age, I bought her a Princess nightgown from the Disney Store - it was on sale for around $20 I think? It was VERY comfortable and she loved it.

When DD wanted to do the princess dress we were going in JULY and finally convinced her it would be too hot. We found sundress with princesses on them and she loved that (cool and comfortable). The one time she did wear a dress into the park was for MNSSHP and we had to get an undershirt so the itchy fabric would not bother her.

My daughter had the same complaint. I found a Cinderella Dress, not costume, at Target for $25. Its out for the new Cinderella movie that debuted last month. We got a medium, as my daughter wears and 8, and I know they had Larges, which would likely fit your daughter. She said it was very comfortable. Good luck!

Do you sew or know someone who sews? That is what my mom used to do for me, and the dresses were extra special because they had that personal touch that no store bought dress could ever have. Made me feel like a true princess with a fairy godmother! There are some great Disney princess patterns out there, and you can choose your own materials and pick something soft, cool, and comfortable. Lots of people who do sew are willing to do the sewing if you provide the pattern and material, and charge only a moderate fee for doing the work!

How tall is she? Little Dress Up Shop has soft non-itchy ones, and their extra large is a size 8/10, but if she is tall, it may run too short. DD had the Elsa when she was 8 and wearing a size 10, and it was short on her. Other than that, keep looking at etsy and even ebay-there are some people that make very nice dresses that are not $100. You can get some very nice costume dresses on Etsy in the $40 to $70 range- which is no different than the Disney store/Disney parks dress price range. Some of them may not be as elaborate as some of the more expensive ones, but they are still cute and much less itchy for a kid that is sensitive to the Disney Store/Parks fabric. When DD was 7, she wanted to be blue dress villager Belle, a costume Disney doesn't seem to ever make, and we got an absolutely beautiful blue dress villager Belle dress on etsy for $60. It was very well made and soft. DD loved that dress!

Thanks for mentioning the Little Dress Up Shop website. I just ordered DD a gorgeous Rapunzel dress for $29.99, with free shipping. They have a promo (ends tonight) that you get a free Anna dress too. We're surprising her with a trip to Disney Live Three Princess Stories in a couple of weeks, and the dress will be part of the surprise.

Disney Store now has some non-costume princess dresses. I've bought 2 so far for my daughter. They tend to be made of a cotton blend so they are lighter and don't itch.

my daughter wore the nightgowns, so much softer. We get ours at Kohls mostly.

She also wears clothes underneath to minimize the scratching

This mama is not down with scratchy itchy glittery dresses! My mom taught me to sew when I was really young and I've always kept it up. I've made just about every girl you can think of for my little girl! I love that they are washable and durable and unique :) this is an anna dress and cape I recently made.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter