Are the pools fresh water or salt water?

JimV

Mouseketeer
I was just told today by a previous cruiser that they were salt water, but then my wife didn't know how long ago that was and it could have been the Big Red Boat.

DS11 is used to Michigan fresh water swimming and doesn't like salt water (which will be hard enough at the beaches) so hopefully the pools are fresh.

-- JimV

By noon they sure dont look "fresh"... ;) They are desalinated water - made daily on the ship :)

Those poor CMs! How are they going to work in the classic CM joke about dumb questions people ask, the one where two women are asking if the pool is freshwater or sea water? When the CM replied sea water, the other lady said "see, I told you that's why the water was so wavy!" Hahahahahahaha

On our Carnival and Celebrity cruise it was salt water. Don't know if there's that big of a difference, I never bothered going in. Figured I'd just jump in the (less crowded) ocean on a port day. Then we got stung by jellyfish. Tiny tiny jellyfish, but still.

Definately Fresh water...speaking of dumb questions they ask though...do you know what the most frequently asked question at the parks is?

"When is the 3 o'clock parade?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter